• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For February 2017 [Up1: For Honor highest LTD game of 2017 so far]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Overall Results:

February retail game sales are down 21% year over year.

Hardware was down 30% year over year.

Console and Handheld game sales were down 14% year over year.

Physical and Steam PC software sales (for AAA games) were down 26% year over year.

Software Results:

16jqk.png

*** No Digital Sales
^ No Battle.net Sales

Notes:
- "Ubisoft's For Honor was the best-selling game of February 2017, despite having only 12 days in market during the month," observed Piscatella.

January Hardware:

PS4: #1

Notes:
- "Console hardware accounted for 82 percent of the total declines as both average retail pricing and units sold fell versus [a] year ago."
- "In the portable space, 3DS unit sales were up 77 percent versus January 2017 driven by the 3DS New Galaxy Style model and the 3DS Limited Pikachu Yellow model," Piscatella explained.

Other Information:

Updating this to the full sheets.

Via NPD's Mat Piscatella: https://mobile.twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/842533996940541952

C7FIL8bUwAAficy.jpg

C7FIL8FV4AAoCAh.jpg

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
For anyone wondering, Horizon will be in the March results.

Surprised software sales were down so much in Feb. Seemed like that would have been in good shape given the number of quality releases.

oh my, For Honor and RE7 selling like they deserve. Nice to see!

edit: Nioh charted as well, without digital! Praise be

Congrats to PS4 on another win, amazing 1st quarter of the year.

AmuroChan

Nioh in the top 10 with just retail numbers is very impressive. The top #8 all include digital numbers. I wonder how high Nioh would've placed if it included digital.

Lime

Aren't all these down over year numbers worrying for the industry or?? Sorry if it's a misinformed question

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Aren't all these down over year numbers worrying for the industry or?? Sorry if it's a misinformed question

If you assume people are shifting to digital, probably not.

For floor space at B&M stores, maybe.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Well, hardware pricing causing less revenue isn't too odd, but the hardware units going down suggests we're in the decline phase of the generation, and is less good. That's probably not too surprising though, given a generation is only likely to last ~6 years total and we're at year 3.

The software comp is against... it's not astonishing software, but it's only 14% down there, and arguably had bigger releases: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1196083

If you were hoping for an extended generation though, that's probably not likely.

Did Halo Wars 2 not chart because it came out so late in February? I still would have expected it to outdo Nioh (great to see it on the list, btw!).

AmyS

GTAV is still an absolute beast, 3.5 years after its release on last gen, 2.5 years after current gen release and almost 2 years after PC release.

So 3DS should be around 136k if that 77% up yoy is by units and not by revenue (it did 72k units last year)

Edit. It's MoM instead YoY. Nevermind then (thanks for correcting Welfare)

Theorry

Did Halo Wars 2 not chart because it came out so late in March? I still would have expected it to outdo Nioh (great to see it on the list, btw!).

Happy to see Nioh up there.

No sign of Halo Wars 2 though? Not enough days on the market?

Had a bundle also.

---

Daniel Ahmad‏ @ZhugeEX
Halo Wars 2 wasn't in the NPD top 10 last month, but it was the 6th best selling SKU on Xbox One.

Top Bottom