• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS AllStar Battle Royale DLC pricing revealed?

Sony is running a competition where users can play an "Ultimate Matchup" game on Facebook with instant prizes. It includes typical prizes like Playstation 3, Vita, Games and more. Interesting part is that it mentions winning the DLC.

We know that the first DLC is free i.e. Kat and Emmett Graves. It's safe to assume that the rest won't be.

http://playstationultimatematchup.com/rules

PRIZES: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale DLC Pack digital voucher (approximate retail value: $3 each).

$3 a character may be a bit steep but $3 for two characters and a map is more reasonable. Do note that it says "DLC Pack", so it may as well be a bundle. The contest is ending on the 15th, and the DLC Voucher will be provided within 5-10 business days. Did anyone try this Facebook game and if you did, did you receive the voucher?

I'm personally waiting for a complete bundle before I jump into the game.

Goon Boon

Banned
Sony's selling the on-disc pre-order costumes for $20.

That seem's less like they think they thought it was a good value and more "fuck you for not preordering this" and just spite made it $20 so nobody would reasonably ever get it.

fernoca

Though the first DLC will be free for a limited time. Also the preorder costumes are like $15 (or $5 per pack)..kinda wonder what this DLC might be since $3 seems too little for actual DLC. Maybe a theme?

Am quite liking this mix and match DLC trend atm. NSMB2 was great, especially everyone deciding what to get then discussing the maps. Am still shit at the game but it passes the time. My 2D Mario skills are pathetic.

Preorder DLC prices are just to make sure people know that preorder DLC is more 'first day, first price' DLC. After all Allstars has dropped in price.

Nice trend if $3 is true.

rSpooky

Man I really need to get this game soon , besides it seems like a fun game to play with my kids , A friend of mine did some mocap work for this DLC ( KAT) which is funny as she has no real idea about vidya games ..lol

Man I really need to get this game soon , besides it seems like a fun game to play with my kids , A friend of mine did some mocap work for this DLC ( KAT) which is funny as she has no real idea about vidya games ..lol

Whoah, that's sweet. I bet her animations will look awesome in-game if they're faithful to the character.

Grisby

That seem's less like they think they thought it was a good value and more "fuck you for not preordering this" and just spite made it $20 so nobody would reasonably ever get it.
But I bought/preordered at vita retail and never got them, :(

THAT is awesome if that's the case. I am cool with that LOL. Cuz after playing this game I wish I did preorder it and got it day 1. 3$ for all new characters from here on out is awesome news. WAYYY lower than what I expected.

ascii42

I am under the impression that it'll be Kat+Emmett+new stage for the first DLC. I'd guess future character DLC will come in pairs as well.

Top Bottom