• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I hyped myself even more doing this
8802.redemption.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg
IFJDsdF.png

latest
ECvbGCU.jpg

390.jpg
4rOHh6h.jpg
Quite a few posters in the impressions thread mentioned Red Dead vibes. I didn't get the comparison, but after seeing the recent screenshots in the Review thread, it's clear now

Red Dead has been unmatched in making wilderness exciting to explore, and nailing those gorgeous natural vistas, but I'm thinking it might have been topped. Can't wait to find out

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Those screenshots are masterpiece arts..one more day to go....

23qwerty

Easily. I had never played an RTS, cRPG, roguelike, etc. until four years ago
those are a lot more understandable to me. maybe I'm crazy but imo RPGs are the quintessential video game genre so it just boggles my mind that someone who frequents a video game forum has never played one 😯

RPG's never seemed like my thing. Never really saw myself investing 30+ hours into a story lol but I'll be picking up this, Andromeda and Persona to see if its for me.
I hope you enjoy it. There's nothing quite as special as when something just clicks and acts as your gateway to a new genre.

hydruxo

What a beautiful OT, great job Shinobi and those who helped!

I can't believe the game is finally almost here. I remember seeing the concept art when it first leaked and thinking to myself, there's no way such an ambitious and risky concept would ever be made.

And now here we are. Cannot wait.

Considering people here already have the game and likely itching to share their awesome screenshots, probably best to start the Screenshot/Photo Mode thread now?

One of those rare games I'm willing to skip the Best Buy GCU and Amazon Prime discount on physical just to have the benefit/convenience of playing it on digital.

Wow fantastic OP, nice job Shinobi. I unfortunately won't be able to play this until Thursday 😔😔😔 it's going to be hard avoiding content about this game. The hype is real regardless!!!

Kin5290

Alright lets gooooo.

Can't pick up my copy until 9pm tomorrow so I'm living vicariously through screenshots and gifs.

Kyolux

Should have the game tomorrow.

I hope work doesn't feel too much likre forever.

edit: oh yeah, and great OP!

Also.. This first RPG thing.. way to make us feel old...

edit2: Bought a 4k hdr tv last week due to Horizon hype. I played a bit of FFXV on it, but this will be my first real 4k treat.

Toli08

Bought a 4k tv and traded in my ps4 for a ps4 pro for this game in December. I am so freaking pumped to play this. Only 24hrs and 34mins left

From the Shinobi's leaks, to the Big E3 reveal, to the rave reviews, and now for the launch, it's been a heck of a ride. Congrats Guerrilla can't wait to play this soon🙌

kyser73

Pre-load is complete.

Double dipped on the EU Steelbook too ;)

Waiting is a PITA.

E2A - outstanding OT Shinobi, hope life is getting better for you dude.

Haines

Banned
Is there any reccomended settings changes or silly things people miss til halfway through the game that gaf knows of.

Might be too early to ask but trying to avoid spoilers

Lady Gaia

Phew! Stunning OP, Shinobi. Thanks for putting in the effort to celebrate this title's release. It really does look like it could be a landmark game, cementing the PS4 in our collective memory as a console to be reckoned with.

Pre-loaded and ready to go.

jdstorm

Banned
Was hoping for the Breath of the Wired OT title...I guess it was decided not to do Dual OTs with Zelda |OT| Hyrule Zero Dawn also probably out.

Cant wait till tomorrow. Time to put in my 30 hours before Zelda drops

Considering people here already have the game and likely itching to share their awesome screenshots, probably best to start the Screenshot/Photo Mode thread now?
I might actually go out of my way to upload to imgur to post screenshots. This game is absolutely, positively, mind bogglingly-I'm running out of words- beautiful.

I still can't get over the environments in this game, I'm going to spend a lot of time standing around just rotating my camera

I... I shoulda have gotten a PS4 Pro, shouldn't I've?...

*Glances at PS4 and the thread screenshots* I think I've made a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom