• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game | The Official Thread

Card Boy

Banned
This Kickstarter is launching in 15 days (storage for ships)

16402866_155525344949796_8156755739839557580_o.png

16425885_154643171704680_1855477673005081109_n.jpg

16406424_159036007932063_937889437149465466_n.jpg

16939240_172082883294042_6739359212575347514_n.jpg

16996346_172082889960708_6094899830352127879_n.jpg

16684287_169701250198872_1111592842785737455_n.jpg

16722541_163873980781599_5665318123895577962_o.jpg

16427530_154643228371341_7629604635682798666_n.jpg

16266151_154643125038018_7655569471981308590_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/HexBay-152184461950551/

daevv

I guess it's safe to say we will not get any new ships released till Gen Con. I've been there the last 3 years and have bought new ships before their fall release dates at the FFG booth. Of course it may only be the C-ROC and something else if surprised announced at Worlds. My thinking based on this is to fly only 2-3 lists till then, slowing narrowing it down to one to take with me and fly in the Gen Con NA Championships. That way I know the ins and outs of each ship in the one list, their strengths and weaknesses. I'm not much of a meta player as I tend to make a new list every time I play. Flying the same list over the next few months should give me a lot of practice. I've only really played in one local tournament with a tonne of casual nights and usually with a different list each time so focusing on a few ships should help.

So far I've narrowed my options down to three in no order Scum lists:

1. Party Bus Moralo or Bossk with a Jumpmaster or 2 small based ships for wing-men. I play the bare bones Slaver Party Bus quite a lot so I already know the ship. Going full Party Bus with Bossk could be good. I like Heavy Laser Cannon on Moralo for 4 attack no matter the range.

2. Ketsu with a Jumpmaster or some small based ships. I really like Ketsu's tractor beam ability on the Shadowcaster. Lowering the agility of another ship with the ability or title then have the lower pilot skill wing-men shoot is great! More wing-men the better I think with her. Maybe two TLT Y-Wings or perhaps a swarm of 4 Light Scyks if the C-ROC drops before then.

3. Brobots!!!!! I really like flying the Aggressor and when Brobots work it's awesome. Problem is the Bros has become a bit stale, almost left behind with the newer releases. I've got my ol fathful list that I placed 2nd in the tourney but I'm gonna try some new combinations. Will experiment with some newer cards (elite talents mostly replacing Crackshot) A Score to Settle, Attanni Mindlink, Fearlessness, and Trick Shot are some of the newer low cost talents I'll try out. Maybe Expertise.

I know I won't be doing that great at Gen Con but want to play mostly for the experience of a larger tournament and atmosphere. In fact depending on my record and what other Gen Con events I have lined up I may drop out early. I only have 3 days to take it all in this year instead of the usual 4. Anyone else planning on going to Gen Con this year? A small group of us make the trip each year from Canada although this will be my last for a few years. :)

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
C-ROC probably will be in stores around May. Just my own estimate based on when it was announced and how X-Wing releases tend to go.

I want to go to GenCon but I'm not 100% going yet. We'll see. I've been there three other times, though. It's exhausting but a very cool experience.

EYEL1NER

x7 got a little bit less good, the Zuckuss and Manaroo nerds completely destroyed Dengaroo, and Palpatine will never be used for anything other than an evade. Pretty big FAQ indeed.

EDIT: Damn, didn't realize that x7 was an evade "action" now. It got a LOT less good, lol.
EDIT 2: After a couple minutes to think about them, here are my thoughts:
x7: Perfect nerf.
Manaroo: Should have been range 1-3 or 1-2 at worst, not just limited to range 1. I can't see many people using her at all now.
Palpatine: A decent nerf but one that seems a bit too harsh for a crew card that already costs 8pts and two crew slots. Drop it down to 6pts or one crew slot. Then you open him up to being put on different ships or you free up some points from a PalpShuttle dropping from 29 to 27 that you could maybe see some different ships being flown with it.
Zuckuss: Having any stress at all invalidating use of Zuckuss seems like a hard hit but Zuck was already only a 1pt card. It's still a huge benefit you get but you will be using it a lot less. It'll still see some use, just in different pairings than what we see already (more cards that help get rid of stress rather than paired with cards that heap it on).

daevv

C-ROC probably will be in stores around May. Just my own estimate based on when it was announced and how X-Wing releases tend to go.

I want to go to GenCon but I'm not 100% going yet. We'll see. I've been there three other times, though. It's exhausting but a very cool experience.

May would be great for the C-ROC to appear. Gen Con can be exhausting. I try to limit myself to a small number of events now. Racing all over the place from event to event ruined it for me one year.

Brobots! Or Ketsu + small ships. Just fuck those large 360 ships :pPP

That purple Shadowcaster is nice!

Guess Party Bus is a Party Bust now. Leaves Bros and Ketsu. ;)

Nete

Manaroo and Palpatine nerfs are a bit too much. Especially Palpatine, whose effect may not be that bad, but when the card costs 8 points and 2 crew slots.... ugh. Range 1-3 for both would have been enough.

Zuckuss and X7 are perfect now. Still great, just not autoplay.

Tensketch

Turning Palp into a 3PO-esque type of card was a change I did not see coming in the slightest. I'm interested to see how it's going to work now. 3PO is still powerful and now this card has become a more powerful version of that.

I really like the Zuckuss nerf. I think it's perfect. You can still, whilst not stressed, force a player to re-roll all their dice, strip stress over time and do it again. Someone was complaining about it on Reddit and the reply 'It costs 1 point' was perfect.

Last weekend, I told my Dad and my friend that X7 would be perfect if they made it happen if you don't bump or overlap. It will encourage better flying and introduce a weakness in that you can bump them and make them suffer. Though the new stress weakness is beautiful.

Manaroo surprised the hell out of me. Considering Manaroo has been an issue for near enough 6-8 months now, I'm certain this nerf has had A LOT of playtesting. To come to the conlusion that the only worthwhile nerf is to make her range 1 is really surprising. she's still got a powerful ability, but it forces you to think about her placement. You need her range 1 of her squadmate, but behind them so they're range 2 or 3 of whoever is taking the focus and TL. No easy feat considering she moves first in most lists that she's in. I think FFG have just killed the hell out of her.

Also worth noting, that the U-Wing stress flip has been FAQ'ed. So no more 2 speed K-Turns.

Great FAQ, can't wait to see what comes from this. Although it kills my joke Cobrattanni list off that I was going to fly.

Nete, saw your Banshee on the Painting and Mods FB page earlier, instantly knew it was you. Amazing work.

Manaroo surprised the hell out of me. Considering Manaroo has been an issue for near enough 6-8 months now, I'm certain this nerf has had A LOT of playtesting. To come to the conlusion that the only worthwhile nerf is to make her range 1 is really surprising. she's still got a powerful ability, but it forces you to think about her placement. You need her range 1 of her squadmate, but behind them so they're range 2 or 3 of whoever is taking the focus and TL. No easy feat considering she moves first in most lists that she's in. I think FFG have just killed the hell out of her.
See I think the opposite: I doubt there was much playtesting at all because they have so effectively killed her. Frankly, I do not trust their play test squad worth a damn, given how many painfully obvious combos have made it past their crew. See: Contracted Scout + Deadeye. It also starts limiting the upgrades you give her that rely on R1; no way I would build Bumparoo now that I need my friends AND my enemies at R1 or closer. R 1-3 would have been reasonable, if still powerful. R1-2 would have probably been the sweet spot. Either one forces her to get more into the fight instead of lurking around the edges, which I agree with. R1 just makes her into Biggsaroo.

The Palp change I am meh on. I think he could probably stand to lose a point maybe a crew slot icon with the change, but either way it is still a nice power. If you need a certain result you can still guarantee you get it, but you have to decide ahead of time instead of reacting. It definitely will lead to a few "I choose evade and then roll all evades" moments, but I suspect that those will be few and far between.

Zuckuss I think will still be around. People on the FFG forum are suggesting this will somehow herald a return of 2AGI ships, but Zuckuss is still great against 2AGI ships; good chance you aren't rolling two native evades to begin with.

x7 seems like a good balance. You have to watch how you fly to get the free evade, no more bumping on purpose and getting a free evade token. It also means flying stressed is an issue where it was not before (wrt the free evade). Seeme like a decent change that might make /D more appealing?

At least Attanni Mindlink didn't get old yellered.

pompidu

See I think the opposite: I doubt there was much playtesting at all because they have so effectively killed her. Frankly, I do not trust their play test squad worth a damn, given how many painfully obvious combos have made it past their crew. See: Contracted Scout + Deadeye. It also starts limiting the upgrades you give her that rely on R1; no way I would build Bumparoo now that I need my friends AND my enemies at R1 or closer. R 1-3 would have been reasonable, if still powerful. R1-2 would have probably been the sweet spot. Either one forces her to get more into the fight instead of lurking around the edges, which I agree with. R1 just makes her into Biggsaroo.

The Palp change I am meh on. I think he could probably stand to lose a point maybe a crew slot icon with the change, but either way it is still a nice power. If you need a certain result you can still guarantee you get it, but you have to decide ahead of time instead of reacting. It definitely will lead to a few "I choose evade and then roll all evades" moments, but I suspect that those will be few and far between.

Zuckuss I think will still be around. People on the FFG forum are suggesting this will somehow herald a return of 2AGI ships, but Zuckuss is still great against 2AGI ships; good chance you aren't rolling two native evades to begin with.

x7 seems like a good balance. You have to watch how you fly to get the free evade, no more bumping on purpose and getting a free evade token. It also means flying stressed is an issue where it was not before (wrt the free evade). Seeme like a decent change that might make /D more appealing?

At least Attanni Mindlink didn't get old yellered.

Manaroo destroyed the game when she was released, was by far the best pilot skill in the game. It was the right call and I'm glad FFG had the balls to do a huge nerf like this.

Manaroo destroyed the game when she was released, was by far the best pilot skill in the game. It was the right call and I'm glad FFG had the balls to do a huge nerf like this.

Clearly your experience is different than mine (and reality), given that the release of the J5K heralded U-Boats without a Manaroo in sight.

pompidu

Clearly your experience is different than mine (and reality), given that the release of the J5K heralded U-Boats without a Manaroo in sight.

Uboats weren't the problem, the insane Mechs were (deadeye too). They did a really shit job balancing that whole thing when released. Manaroo was, up until that nerf, the best pilot ability bar none.

Leunam

Hey fellas. So I got into X-Wing when it had first come out and I kept up with the first three or so waves and then started up again when Scum came out.

I had to move across the country and ended up leaving every little bit of X Wing with my brothers. I've been looking to get back into it mainly with Scum, and ideally with Bossk in the list. Besides the stuff in one of the starters, what's a good start for a Bossk list at 100 points?

Uboats weren't the problem, the insane Mechs were (deadeye too). They did a really shit job balancing that whole thing when released. Manaroo was, up until that nerf, the best pilot ability bar none.

Sorry I was apparently not clear. 'U-Boats' was referring to the triple Contracted Scout with Agromech, EM, GCs and Plasmas. The list that dominated competitive play for ages. That "insane mech" was around long before the J5K even came out, and never considered an issue. There was no singular issue to the whole mess, and certainly not Manaroo's pilot ability. Much like Paratanni, it was the combination of things that took a bunch of disparate (and often weak on their own) options and made them more than their sum.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
There's a preview of the M3-A Interceptor stuff in the C-ROC Cruiser expansion today: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/3/10/hit-and-run/

We'll get six copies of these two cards:
swx58-arc-caster.png
swx58-arc-caster-recharging.png
swx58-pulsed-ray-shield.png

As well as six copies of the already-spoiled Light Scyk title.

And here are the new pilots:
swx58-sunny-bounder.png
swx58-inaldra.png

swx58-quinn-jast.png
swx58-genesis-red.png

That Pulsed Ray Shield is gonna make playing against Rebels even more annoying. [edit] Then again, you can only equip it to the HWK-290, so maybe it's not so bad. Looks like the only four ships able to take this upgrade are the HWK-290, M3-A, StarViper and Kihraxz.

Genesis Red feels like a hard counter to a number of token-stacking ships. Maybe even the Parattani list.

Hey fellas. So I got into X-Wing when it had first come out and I kept up with the first three or so waves and then started up again when Scum came out.

I had to move across the country and ended up leaving every little bit of X Wing with my brothers. I've been looking to get back into it mainly with Scum, and ideally with Bossk in the list. Besides the stuff in one of the starters, what's a good start for a Bossk list at 100 points?

I don't have a lot of experience with Bossk so I'm afraid I can't help you, I'm sorry. It's especially hard to say now that the Scum faction has been thrown into disarray with the newest FAQ errata.

Tensketch

Gotta be the first new stuff article I've read where at the end my reaction was 'okay'

Absolutely nothing really jumped out at me as cool or interesting. Have I missed something?

5taquitos

Gotta be the first new stuff article I've read where at the end my reaction was 'okay'

Absolutely nothing really jumped out at me as cool or interesting. Have I missed something?

I kind of like the idea of an expansion that gives lots of new stuff to use but doesn't necessarily elicit a "holy shit" reaction.

EYEL1NER

The Scyk is getting some good stuff, which is nice. It's still a Scyk at the end of the day though; I don't want to fly one anytime soon (or at all, really).

pompidu

Sorry I was apparently not clear. 'U-Boats' was referring to the triple Contracted Scout with Agromech, EM, GCs and Plasmas. The list that dominated competitive play for ages. That "insane mech" was around long before the J5K even came out, and never considered an issue. There was no singular issue to the whole mess, and certainly not Manaroo's pilot ability. Much like Paratanni, it was the combination of things that took a bunch of disparate (and often weak on their own) options and made them more than their sum.

Never seen that many of them plus dengaroo won the last world championship. So sounds like 3xuboats were more common in your area.

EYEL1NER

I'm not looking forward to buying four of them, but I am looking forward to running 4x of the PS2 Aggressor with TLT and Lightweight Frame. Not as much health as a Y-Wing list but they are TIEs, so they should be more maneuverable.

I'm pretty happy for the announcement. I've been complaining to people about the lack of news and how they needed to get some pics and ship names out there if they planned on having stuff out in time for GenCon. The lack of new ships or news about upcoming ships leaves me feeling like I've got money to spend on X-Wing and nothing to spend it on, so then I go hunting for anything I can find to pimp my game out. I've bought some great things during these dry stretches, like my tournament tray and template holder, but I've also blown way too much on promo cards, like the oversized Boba/Han card that I'll never ever use. I do have something cool to buy this time, a custom tray and template set featuring some awesome Interceptor art, but the guys in Italy who are making it are designing a custom magnetized lid and haven't been in touch for two weeks. It's driving me up a wall.
Oh well. I've got some Lighthouse Encap 40/41 binder pages designed to hold coins in plastic cases that I'll be able to sort dials into this weekend, along with some BCW coin pages for ship tokens.

Tensketch

I'm interested in those new bombs.
The Scurrg (SkurG? Scourge?), according to wookieepedia, has something called a bomblet generator, which creates energy bombs at the cost of it's own power. I envision either a recharging bomb that costs an action to recharge, or you spend a shield to drop a bomb and you don't get rid of the card. Meaning you can have as many bombs as you have shields.

No TL tokens for the Bomber, and no evade token either. So middle action is either boost or something new.

There's a closer image here
17308915_1911285335773727_1681849957538125114_n.jpg

It kinda does look like a TL icon, but I see what you mean, no TL tokens.

The Wookiee gunship also has the reinforce action, which adds an evade result to every evade roll. Powerful stuff, but nothing in the FAQ in regards to crackshot, zuckuss or juke because:
Kanye West Definitely Said this once said:
kanye-west-comment-on-bush1.jpg

"FFG doesn't care about epic."

5taquitos

swx66-unguided-rockets.png

These don't get discarded after firing, pretty interesting ordnance.

Also, is this the first card that takes two upgrade slots? I foresee many new cards following suit.

Tensketch

Palpatine takes up 2 slots too.

These new rockets are good for the generic punishers, but redline once again is left gathering dust.

5taquitos

Palpatine takes up 2 slots too.

Ah, forgot about Palp, never actually encountered him since I spend most of my time playing with close friends.

The Scurrg (SkurG? Scourge?), according to wookieepedia, has something called a bomblet generator, which creates energy bombs at the cost of it's own power.
It looks like that's one of the upgrades, chances are it's some sort of unlimited or regenerating bomb like you imagined.

It kinda does look like a TL icon, but I see what you mean, no TL tokens.

The high res version shows it's definitely a TL, but there is no TL token. Must be an oversight.

pompidu

swx66-unguided-rockets.png

These don't get discarded after firing, pretty interesting ordnance.

Also, is this the first card that takes two upgrade slots? I foresee many new cards following suit.

Looks like this is how they're going to buff 2 attack dice ships. No range 3 agility bonus either. Will be interesting.

Tensketch

Looks like this is how they're going to buff 2 attack dice ships. No range 3 agility bonus either. Will be interesting.

Other than the aggressor, I can only think of the Punisher and the bomber that gets this.
I wish this made Redline good again, but I think he's still super dead. Which makes me so sad. He was amazing.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

Yeah, it's definitely a buff to the three ships that can take it: TIE Bomber, TIE Punisher and TIE Aggressor. Besides the lack of extra green die for the defender while at range 3, also of note is that nothing can change the attack's dice except spending a focus token for its "standard" effect — that means the opponent can't do so, either, which is neat. Can't Palpatine it yourself, though. I generally like it.

Even though I don't like the TIE Aggressor's existence from a fluff point of view, I think it'll be a neat addition to this game.

The Auzituck Gunship feels kinda like a Rebel version of the Mist Hunter.

It's neat that the Havoc bomber comes with a Rebel pilot card.

Slermy

I do have something cool to buy this time, a custom tray and template set featuring some awesome Interceptor art, but the guys in Italy who are making it are designing a custom magnetized lid and haven't been in touch for two weeks.

Oooh, you're going to have to share pictures of that when you get it in.

Even though I don't like the TIE Aggressor's existence from a fluff point of view, I think it'll be a neat addition to this game.

I agree. Also, I'm excited because this shows that Extended Universe stuff is still on the table. I hope we get to see the TIE Hunter someday. It's really the only other ship I want (aside from any prequel stuff
, I want Vader's Sith Starfighter
, but that gets messy).

I'm excited for this as well. I hope we get other dual-faction ships in the future. I want the Zeta-Class Shuttle from Rogue One and have it come with both K-2SO (Unique Rebel) and KX Security Droid (Generic Imperial) crew cards.

pompidu

Yeah, it's definitely a buff to the three ships that can take it: TIE Bomber, TIE Punisher and TIE Aggressor. Besides the lack of extra green die for the defender while at range 3, also of note is that nothing can change the attack's dice except spending a focus token for its "standard" effect — that means the opponent can't do so, either, which is neat. Can't Palpatine it yourself, though. I generally like it.

The Auzituck Gunship feels kinda like a Rebel version of the Mist Hunter.

Spending only focus to modify seems fair considering your removing the range bonus and having infinite munitions.

EYEL1NER

Oooh, you're going to have to share pictures of that when you get it in.
Can do, but I can also post a pic of what I'm getting. I'm getting their smaller tray sans range rulers, so there isn't much room for personalization. I'm getting the bottom one:
Not sure what their top cover solution will look like yet though.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Spending only focus to modify seems fair considering your removing the range bonus and having infinite munitions.

Yeah, it's fair. Should be fun to try out when this releases
in five months

It directly avoids synergizing with Captain Jonus and Major Rhymer, but it would be good with Tomax Bren and Crackshot, and it might make Deathfire (with Extra Munitions and Proximity Mines, Cluster Mines or Connor Nets) a little more playable. Or just put them on a generic, of course.

As for Punishers, it makes every pilot more playable without being particularly helpful to any one pilot. They can use Unguided Rockets when they're not busy dropping bombs or firing a torpedo. I don't know if it's more worth taking a Punisher for those abilities but I guess it'll be worth trying.

Slermy

Can do, but I can also post a pic of what I'm getting. I'm getting their smaller tray sans range rulers, so there isn't much room for personalization. I'm getting the bottom one:

Not sure what their top cover solution will look like yet though.

That looks great,
except the TIE Interceptors are being flanked by X-Wings
!

Nete

Back from Tatooine Open, and fuck me. I was so, so close to reach my highest objective (pass the cut and had a reasonable chance to bring home some shield tokens) that I can't believe how much I fucked it up. I'm happy with my overall performance, but really, fuck me. I was using my Asajj-Emon list (aka The Greek King).

Round 1
Boba (Fearlessness, Tail Gunner, Cluster Missiles, Glitterstim, Chips)
Ketsu (VI, K4, Glitterstim, Black Market, Countermeasures, title)

Won 100-50. A ship mirror match to start with Firesprays involved in a 360 players tournament, what were the odds? I used my usual set up against higher PS ships, forcing him to chose one while I juked with it. He went for Emon, destroying him quite quickly thanks to a misjudgment by my part on his maneuvers, but he still managed to do some damage to Ketsu with a missile and a Cluster Mine. Asajj finished her and proceeded to fly around Boba with impunity.

Round 2
Kagi (Sensor Jammer, Palpatine)
Carnor (PTL, Autothrusters, Hull, title)
Omega Leader (Juke, Comm Relay)

Won 100-25. This one was against the guy who, IMHO, is the best player of my area (Barcelona) and probably of Spain (although he actually is from America, living here). He also loves to use weird lists and still kick our butts: for instance, in 2015 he made top4 in Barcelona regional and French National with Carnor and double Sigma. So yep, I didn't expect to win at all. Deploying in opposite corners, I sent Asajj to scare off Carnor while Emon maneuvered to joust Omega and Kagi. A missile and 3 hits from a Cluster mine (were actually 5, but Palpatine saved a couple) brought Kagi to his knees before Asajj finished it. Omega was destroyed few turns later after Emon dropped the second Cluster on his head, and Carnor couldn't do much once Asajj managed to double stress him.

Round 3
Ryad (Crackshot, x7)
Vessery (Crackshot, x7)
Glaive (Crackshot, x7)

Lost 0-100. Third game, second player from Barcelona I must face. Odds please, stahp. It's also the second time I have to face him outside our local tournaments this season, playing against him in Valencia where he kicked my ass with this same triple Defender list. Something he did again after I fucked up my approach with Emon. Oh well.

Round 4
Kanan (TLT, FCS, Tactical Jammer, Finn, Rey, title)
Biggs (M9-G8, IA)
Zeb

Lost 28-100. Holy bananas, Batman. Not only that Kanan hits like a bulldozer, but he rolled stupidly well (and with my own dice! I feel betrayed) using his rerolls mostly for Finn dice. He also played perfectly and I didn't, but seeing how your 10 hull / 2 defense / evade action ships melted in 2 and 3 turns each against a single ship is not a pleasant sight. And yup, he was Lorenzo, the italian that reached the final. A really cool guy.

Round 5
Ketsu (VI, Dengar, Glitterstim, Engine Upgrade, title)
Bossk (VI, Homing Missiles, Inspiring Recruit, Zuckuss, K4, Crane, Chips)

Lost 75-100 because I'm stupid. I had this game and threw it away for no reason at all. I focused on Ketsu, knowing that he would probably go against Emon and Bossk would have a hard time chasing Asajj, destroying her after some rounds of shooting and the usual triple-template Cluster Mine hit. Bossk killed Emon before he could drop the second mine on his head, leaving the lizard against Asajj with both with a couple shields left. I went for a head on, knowing I would survive two rounds of shooting without problems while stressing him to destroy his maneuverability. But a terrible call on my part in where I would end in certain turn meant Asajj landed out the mat by a few millimeters the next turn once she passed Bossk. If I just moved one speed less on that earlier turn Asajj would have been fine and behind a 4 health multiple stressed Bossk... and there was really no advantage for that turn to move at the speed I used. Fuck me.

Round 6
Fat Chiri (Kylo, Vader, Gunner and can't remember what else)
Stridan (support build)

Won 100-25 I think. I have problems to remember anything from this game. Lists, what exactly happened... it's quite blurry on my mind. I only remember I had really good defense rolls (he only managed to Kyloing me once) and that both of my ships survived without many problems.

Round 7
Tarn Mison (R7, IA)
Jess Pava (R2, IA)
Ezra (Rage, Inspiring Recruit)
Rex
Zeb in TIE

Won 100-50. One of the best games I've played, with both of us mindplaying each other constantly, extremely tight maneuvers, tons of decisive shots in or out of arc by microns, advantage switching sides each few turns... a pure blast. With 10 minutes left, I had Emon with 1 shield and a missile left against Jess (2 health, no droid), Tarn (1 health, no droid, 3 stress) and Rex (full health) scattered all around the table. To win I needed to kill either Jess or Tarn without losing more than my last shield, or I would have a huge problem. I killed all three without letting them to shoot me back not even once.

At the end, a 4-3 for the 137th place (360 players). Not good enough to pass the cut (5 victories, fuck again my 5th game) but oh well, at least I got one of those pretty Target Locks, and the loot obtained from rivals and other people was great. In the second day I won my Hangar Bay pod using a Quickdraw Swarm Leader list (with Crackshot Blacks and Howlrunner) and my usual ARC list (Thane-Norra-Biggs).

Tensketch

Jesus, great write up. Sorry to hear that you got so close yet so far. But it looks like you walked away with some hella prizes! Nice! I'm glad that you're still repping with Eamon, using ships that aren't in the meta and getting good with them is respectable. Keep at it. What was the meta like there as a whole? I watched some of the stream and it was far more enjoyable than the Atttanni Open AKA Yavin.

I've been toying with strikers, I really like the ship but I cannot for the life of me keep them alive. I played one really really good game where all my moves where fire and then suddenly I've never been able to do it again, they just melt with little effort.

TIE SF's, on the other hand, are amazing. They're like B wings and the named pilots are amazing. I got a list with Quickdraw, and an Omicron with Kylo which I'm really liking right now (I've just had a really really good game where all my moves were fire, I think I'm onto something!)

So after the last makeplayingcards reprint arriving and all the cards being perfect, my next order simply hasn't arrived! It's 2 weeks late and I honestly don't think I'm gonna get it. Only thing is, this will be the third order in a row that has gone wrong in some way from that company. They'll never believe me if I complain. So I don't even know if it's worth bothering.
EDIT: NVM they arrived today 3 weeks later than anticipated. They're great!

Slermy

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So, someone realized this funny oversight:
TIE Aggressors can equip the IG-2000 title.

latest

And applicable rule:

Full thread here:
https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/244950-tie-aggressor-with-ig2000-title/

Welp! Welp welp welp.

And people called me pedantic when I argued that FFG needed to be more careful with how it identifies ship classes in those "_____ only" title qualifiers. Now look what they've done.

I still say the Raider can't technically use any of the titles that come in the box with it.

Top Bottom