• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita can't connect to PSN store on firmware 3.57

Posted this in the offical playstation forums but wanted to see if others on GAF were having similar issues.

(Thread on PlayStation forums: http://community.us.playstation.com...Vita-cannot-connect-to-PS-Store/td-p/45605712)
(Thread on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/42stco/new_update_may_have_killed_my_vita/)

The issues all started after moving to firmware 3.57. Since then I have been having numerous issues with the Vita store

- unable to recognize content I had previously purchased (ex: Tearaway)
- multiple errors while browsing the store (NP-2245-3 the most prevalent)
- and now just unable to load the store. The message on the screen keeps spinning saying "please wait" and nothing will load

I'm on a Vita 1000 (original OLED). The browser on the vita works fine. The connection tests all say I can connect to the PlayStation Network. But I can't load any account information or the store.

Something is messed up with the 3.57 firmware I'm pretty confident.

Any others experiencing the same or similar?

Update: 2/3/16
Kotaku story with Sony's official comment

http://kotaku.com/sony-says-theyve-fixed-the-vitas-network-problem-1756875403

Sony said:
The network issue that users experienced on their PS Vita was not due to system software 3.57 and is now resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Edit: 1/31/16

Solution that has worked for me as of right now.

This fix from Reddit has been working for most of the night

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/43jvjw/found_a_possible_psn_fix_that_may_work_for_some/

1. Turn off Vita
2. Remove memory card
3. Turn on Vita
Your database should update at this point
4. Access the Store
You should be able to access the store here
5. Turn off your Vita
6. Re-insert Vita memory card
7. Turn on Vita again
Your database should update again at this point
8. Try and access the PSN store and it should (might?) work

Worked for me. Have now been able to access the store several times tonight with no issues.

Good luck all

I get lots of errors while trying to access the store, and that's been the case for a while now. I usually have to keep retrying in order to get access to the store, and my downloads list.

I don't know what's causing it.

It'll say something like "Could not connect to PSN in the proper amount of time. Error #..." and keep doing that over and over until it works.

GWX

I get lots of errors while trying to access the store, and that's been the case for a while now. I usually have to keep retrying in order to get access to the store, and my downloads list.

It'll say something like "Could not connect to PSN in the proper amount of time. Error #..." and keep doing that over and over until it works.

Same here, Brazilian PSN. It has been like this for quite a while, too.

Croc

Banned
My connection to the store on my Vita has been incredibly shitty lately, but that had started before the most recent update. I hadn't noticed it getting any worse immediately after but it still gets errors on everything probably 80% of the time.

Mondrian

Happens to me all the time too.

dugdug

Banned
The amount of errors I get browsing the store on Vita is goddamn infuriating.

Like, I actively dislike having to go to the store, because of them.

kng3025

Had issues myself the other day. Kept getting errors trying to browse the games for the flash sale. Ended up buying what I wanted via the Web version of the store. Hopefully the issue gets sorted out quickly as it's been pretty frustrating

Tapejara

The connection errors and timeouts have been commonplace for me for months. The store not loading at all hasn't happened to me yet though.

I had to re-verify a bunch of privacy stuff on my ps4 before I was able to sign in or do anything on the network a few minutes ago. Maybe that has something to do with it?

kevin1025

Banned
I was able to download a game finally, but it took about seven or eight tries to get to the download list to do so (and thankfully it was at the top of the list since I just bought it). And it wasn't the usual timeout stuff, either. Definitely some connection issues on Vita, unfortunately.

Mediking

I've been getting that freaking message nearly all the time...

I've had the store time-out on me for months and months now. Usually I just have to exit the store, close the app and bring it up again, but it really is pretty bad. I think this most recent update did leave me with more problems than usual though, since it messed up even after restarting the app. It's really unstable, and I would hate for Sony to not take care of it anymore. I am not looking forward to them inevitably shutting down the service... I've only got 5 physical Vita games, and probably more than 50 others...

It wouldn't be quite so worrying if the PS4 could just freaking download Vita games like the PS3 can and be able to connect to the Vita to transfer them over. The fact that this feature still hasn't been brought to the PS4 just shows how much Sony has half-assed even promoting the Vita as a "companion device". I really love the Vita, but it seems like even rudimentary things like these are insurmountable tasks for Sony.

Like, what? They'll never let you transfer Vita content to and from the PS4 because they don't plan on stopping hacking in a few years and it could be an avenue to PS4 hacks? So they want PS4 to stay a remote PlayStation island? Reminds me that the PS Classics aren't playable on PS4... Jeez.

I haven't had a chance to ask but is the vita version of nuclear throne Butts for anyone else? Just constant crashes. It will literally crash the game if you die at the throne.

FaintDeftone

Glad I'm not the only one. I purchased some PS1 games during their sale last week and it took me forever to successfully browse the store and initiate the purchase and download of each one. I hope they fix this.

If I recall correctly, I had this issue months ago. I had it again a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't used my Vita in over a week.

Gambit61

Glad I'm not the only one. I purchased some PS1 games during their sale last week and it took me forever to successfully browse the store and initiate the purchase and download of each one. I hope they fix this.

Yup, I turned on my Vita to download some of those ps1 games but kept running into errors. This never happened before the update I installed to get those flash sale games.

same

Chesskid1

Banned
i cleared my vita and wanted to load all the games i wanted to play (about 10 or so) a few days ago using list

it was pretty much impossible with the timeouts

gave up and just used browser store and that one plugin filter to sort games

awful. i rememver getting the same timeout errors a few months ago but just wrote it off because i was just casually browsing

Make sure the unit is turned off.
Hold down the right trigger, PS button and power button for five-ten seconds.
When you reach the boot menu, select the "Rebuild Database" option, #2 I think?

That worked for me. I had the same issue and all is well now.

I will give this a try.

Yup same here, sometimes it works but the errors are pretty frequent.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I had a ton of download and store issues on my PSTV last night after I upgraded.

I then did a complete shutdown and reboot and it fixed everything.

WarWolf

I just did this and it worked. Scatterd a ton of icons everywhere and got rid of folders and wallpapers though.

Cornbread78

Oh, shit, so it wasn't just me. I tried logging in last night to catch the end of the flash sale, but couldn't log on.....

nikos

Tried connecting to the store about a week ago, but to no avail. Last night, I updated to the latest version and was able to access the store but with errors. Also have a launch day Vita 1000.

Breads

Banned
I thought it was my router or something because I've experianced this and slow download speeds from the PSN store for months (while browser youtube/ netflix is fine...).

Somehow I am not relieved to know it's wider spread.

I love the Vita. I don't want it to die.

It's been like that for a month or so now, even before the new firmware. It may be getting worse or maybe more widespread since there's been more threads, but I think it's just Sony's servers for the store. Not acceptable either way. There's still devs trying to sell their games and people still trying to access their content and purchases.

No joke the store has never worked for me without opening and closing to download and browse. I figured it was because I had the 1000.

Top Bottom