• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces (Wii) Tales of VS (PSP), Tales of Vesperia (PS3) JP sites open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

klee123

Oops, I meant next week.

Still, tho, 2 months ahead of release. The tales of team must have already completed development already.

Paracelsus

Aru said:
Same demo as the 360 one, I presume.

Doesn't seem like it, since in the Dengeki screens there's Patty.

I wonder if we're gonna get an "English" surprise like with the 360 demo. Very doubtful imho.

Rpgmonkey

New stuff from Jump:

VS

Caius Qualls, Farah Oerstead, and Kohak Hearts confirmed. I think Mary Argent too?

Extra finish thing. I guess two characters combine forces for a finishing attack.

Vesperia

New costumes:

Yuri: Aloha Older Brother
Rita: Casual BEach Girl
Judith: Just Black Bikini
Flynn: Short-sleeved Prince

Graces

Hubert Oswell
Voice: Takahiro Mizushima
Asbel's younger brother of one year. He's a major in the army, and has a reasonable and serious personality. Magic swordsman.

Shelia Burns
Voice: Shiho Karawagi
The granddaughter of the butler working for Asbel. She holds faint feelings for him, and is at an age where she isn't very obedient/honest. Uses healing magic.

Netto-kun

Rpgmonkey said:
New stuff from Jump:

VS

Caius Qualls, Farah Oerstead, and Kohak Hearts confirmed. I think Mary Argent too?
Hmm, Mary is shown in the note regarding the "Tales of Wallbreaker" minigame. If the roster for the minigame is identical to the main game, I assume Suzu (I recall she briefly appeared in the first PV) was confirmed ages ago?

Rpgmonkey said:
Graces
Shelia Burns
Oh, finally a name for the girl. :)

Prax

Rpgmonkey said:
New stuff from Jump:
Graces

Hubert Oswell
Asbel's younger brother of one year. He's a major in the army, and has a reasonable and serious personality. Magic swordsman.

Shelia Burns
The granddaughter of the butler working for Asbel. She holds faint feelings for him, and is at an age where she isn't very obedient/honest. Uses healing magic.

Red-haired girl is a healer?!
NOoooOOoo! DX

No girls to like now.. I demand a 3rd girl that is neither healer, summoner, or ninja!
Although that's probably too much to hope for at this point.

Oh, I don't remember reading this anyway, but will Tales of Graces allow for up to 4 players? Team Symphonia games usually do, but I'm not sure about Team Destiny games.

Arde5643

Prax said:
Red-haired girl is a healer?!
NOoooOOoo! DX

No girls to like now.. I demand a 3rd girl that is neither healer, summoner, or ninja!
Although that's probably too much to hope for at this point.

Oh, I don't remember reading this anyway, but will Tales of Graces allow for up to 4 players? Team Symphonia games usually do, but I'm not sure about Team Destiny games.
Since she's a healer, most likely she's the love interest then instead of the amnesiac girl.

Rpgmonkey said:
Graces

Hubert Oswell

Shelia Burns
FUUUUCCK!!!!111!!one!

I hope she has "2 styles of play" where she has some decent fighting moves to go along with the healing . . . .

Fuck! >_>

I thought SP used healing magic . . .

Firestorm

Shelia Burns
lol

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Paracelsus said:
Doesn't seem like it, since in the Dengeki screens there's Patty.

I wonder if we're gonna get an "English" surprise like with the 360 demo. Very doubtful imho.
I hope so. And I hope for a quick US release soon after the JPN release.

Sagitario

Rpgmonkey said:
New stuff from Jump:

VS

Oh Bandai Namco, Tales Studio and whoever is in charge of VS: stop acknowledge of that game...

Arde5643 said:
Since she's a healer, most likely she's the love interest then instead of the amnesiac girl.
When was the last time the main love interest in a Tales game wasn't the designated "heroine"?

Never.

More likely there'll be some kind of love triangle here.

Farore said:
Oh Bandai Namco, Tales Studio and whoever is in charge of VS: stop acknowledge of that game...
Never.

Datschge

Prax said:
Multiplayer is common to the series on consoles since Destiny on PS1. I don't expect Tales Studio to ever pull a Legendia there.

ShockingAlberto said:
Eternia, maybe?
Nope, Farah was always the main heroine in that game. Its true that Meredy seems to be the Eternia counterpart to SoPhie, but she was never marketed as the female lead.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Rpgmonkey said:
New stuff from Jump:
Graces

Hubert Oswell

Shelia Burns
HA! I WAS RIGHT! she IS a sly tsundere! heck, my FIRST prediction might be more true

anyway, i didn't expect her to be a heavy healer, but i have a feeling that she'll also have artillery abilities as well. either way, she's not a timid healer, but rather as i thought a more spunky and rebellious character. and while she still is a primary healer, i postulate that she'll be more than capable with offensive magic as well, though that could just as easily be the brother as well.

i was also right that the character had a closer relationship to DISCO DUDE, as she appears to be something of a childhood friend. i think it would be a cool twist to see Red as a possible final love interest as opposed to Sophie, who i will now call DRAMA LOLI.

as for the new character, who i will now dub EMO DUDE
yes, only Red gets the cool or "loving" nickname, as she's the only one i probably won't guffaw at
, appears to be the SERIOUS CAT of this game. this could make an interesting dynamic. since EMO is serious, committed, and not whiny, it could mean that DISCO is something of a slacker and a rogue. since EMO has the serious, committed, and potentially idyllic domains down, it could mean that DISCO DUDE is a slacker, goofy, and probably whiny and jaded. if DISCO DUDE ends up being the roguish carefree hero (who albeit has a chip on his shoulder), i would LOVE to play as him and maybe even refer to him as his proper name at some point.

HOW'D YA LIKE THAT JIGGY?!

doomed1 said:
HA! I WAS RIGHT! she IS a sly tsundere! heck, my FIRST prediction might be more true

anyway, i didn't expect her to be a heavy healer, but i have a feeling that she'll also have artillery abilities as well. either way, she's not a timid healer, but rather as i thought a more spunky and rebellious character. and while she still is a primary healer, i postulate that she'll be more than capable with offensive magic as well, though that could just as easily be the brother as well.

i was also right that the character had a closer relationship to DISCO DUDE, as she appears to be something of a childhood friend. i think it would be a cool twist to see Red as a possible final love interest as opposed to Sophie, who i will now call DRAMA LOLI.

as for the new character, who i will now dub EMO DUDE
yes, only Red gets the cool or "loving" nickname, as she's the only one i probably won't guffaw at
, appears to be the SERIOUS CAT of this game. this could make an interesting dynamic. since EMO is serious, committed, and not whiny, it could mean that DISCO is something of a slacker and a rogue. since EMO has the serious, committed, and potentially idyllic domains down, it could mean that DISCO DUDE is a slacker, goofy, and probably whiny and jaded. if DISCO DUDE ends up being the roguish carefree hero (who albeit has a chip on his shoulder), i would LOVE to play as him and maybe even refer to him as his proper name at some point.

HOW'D YA LIKE THAT JIGGY?!

And I restate:

(neutral) doomed1
Knows way too much about Tales games and Japanese Archtypes.
(Today, 10:30 PM)
Reply | Quote

:p

Anyway, new info is good info.

MoogPaul

The term "emo" gets tossed around way too much. The guy doesn't look "emo" at all. He isn't wearing female pants, his hair isn't in a stupid hip hairdo. The scan describes him as stern and methodical, which fits his design. Just because he is wearing black doesn't make him emo. The more I read your posts, the more I see them as a jump to conclusions mat.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
MoogPaul said:
The term "emo" gets tossed around way too much. The guy doesn't look "emo" at all. He isn't wearing female pants, his hair isn't in a stupid hip hairdo. The scan describes him as stern and methodical, which fits his design. Just because he is wearing black doesn't make him emo. The more I read your posts, the more I see them as a jump to conclusions mat.
i didn't say he was emo, since emo invokes being whiny. for me it's all in the hairdo. it's black and he's wearing black rimmed glasses, as well as one of his expressions in the jump scan. it's not meant to be serious take on his character. my assumption of his character is decidedly unwhiny and i fully expect him to act like he has a steel rod jammed up his rectum. of course, we have next to no info on this bit, so don't take my word for it. i was only musing.

i think my favorite nickname i've given is DRAMA LOLI though, since it's fun to say, but it's also connected to how there's DRAMA in soap operas, where people often lose their memories.

grandjedi6 said:
Guys, can you please stop making this thread creepy?
fuck no, that's the BEST part about all this, creeping grandjedi the fuck out. :p

RetroMG

Sorry to derail the conversation again, but with the PS3 Vesperia Demo coming out soon, (and apparently including new stuff,) is there a way to get Japanese Demos onto an NA PS3? I know it was managed with the 360 Resident Evil 5 demo, but I'm a fairly new PS3 owner.

duckroll

RetroGamer42 said:
Sorry to derail the conversation again, but with the PS3 Vesperia Demo coming out soon, (and apparently including new stuff,) is there a way to get Japanese Demos onto an NA PS3? I know it was managed with the 360 Resident Evil 5 demo, but I'm a fairly new PS3 owner.

You just need to make another master account called "<yourname> JP" or whatever, and then create a Japan PSN account and put in a random valid Japanese address.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
The demo (if it's the same one on Xbox Live) sucks.

Firestorm

kassatsu said:
This game is a blur-fest. Was it like this on 360?
All of Team Symphonia's games seem to have some stupid blur filter applied. although it's not that bad in Vesperia. Symphonia had it the worst.

Is there anything different in the PS3 demo or is it still the same demo? Starts off with stupid guard thing, go through forest, fight impossibly hard wolf that is even harder in the real game?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Shelia?

SHELIA!?

(Burns is a bad name because it makes me think of the Simpsons)

lyre

Rpgmonkey said:
Shelia Burns

Halycon said:
Shelia?

SHELIA!?

(Burns is a bad name because it makes me think of the Simpsons)
mr%20burns.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom