• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Iron Fist *SPOILER THREAD* |OT| Big Trouble in Little NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

housekeeping1-1mwsha.png

POST OF THE PHOENIX CLAW RISING UPON THE SNOW CRANE MOUNTAIN

... sorry

im inventing new techniques names for my posts jutsu on gaf

(still cautiously optimistic about iron fist)

duckroll

So apparently the show ends with a big "twist" ending where Danny and Colleen return to Kun Lun only to find it has been destroyed and everyone killed by The Hand? Lmao. RIP Immortal Iron Fist for S2.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So apparently the show ends with a big "twist" ending where Danny and Colleen return to Kun Lun only to find it has been destroyed and everyone killed by The Hand? Lmao. RIP Immortal Iron Fist for S2.
Sounds like the ending of the new Eureka movies!

Complete with a slow zoom into Danny's glowing fist as the closing shot

(I just skimmed through the finale to see if anything interesting happened)

caliph95

Is it too early to say fuck this show

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well everyone knew The Hand were the big bad in the Defenders so I guess that leads to that.

Dalek

It's not destroyed-it's missing. Danny arrives where the entrance should be and it's just vanished. There are 4 dead Hand Ninjas outside where the entrance should be.

I skipped to the end to see if there was any Defenders cameos.

duckroll

It took till episode 4 for the shitty hallway fight to happen. lol

Nice. I think we had some wagers on that.

It's not destroyed-it's missing. Danny arrives where the entrance should be and it's just vanished. There are 4 dead Hand Ninjas outside where the entrance should be.

I skipped to the end to see if there was any Defenders cameos.

Missing as in... they moved?

duckroll

Oh I checked the ending out for myself. Seems a lot better than I thought. He wants to bring Colleen to Kun Lun, but they get there and there are dead Hand dudes, and there's the BIG gate entrance that everyone knows is probably a portal thing like in the comics, and beyond that is just empty space in the mountains without a city.

I guess in this show Danny doesn't know that Kun Lun can exist outside of real space? Capital City of Heaven, etc. His glowing fist at the end is probably reacting to the fact that there's a portal.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh I checked the ending out for myself. Seems a lot better than I thought. He wants to bring Colleen to Kun Lun, but they get there and there are dead Hand dudes, and there's the BIG gate entrance that everyone knows is probably a portal thing like in the comics, and beyond that is just empty space in the mountains without a city.

I guess in this show Danny doesn't know that Kun Lun can exist outside of real space? Capital City of Heaven, etc. His glowing fist at the end is probably reacting to the fact that there's a portal.

He knows because he says earlier in the show that he couldn't come back until the "way was open" for him to return to NYC.

duckroll

He knows because he says earlier in the show that he couldn't come back until the "way was open" for him to return to NYC.

Huh. So why would he be surprised that they moved. He even does the "I should have been there" shit, like, it looks to me they killed the Hand invaders and just moved because they were under attack. What the fuck difference does he think he would have made. Loser!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Huh. So why would he be surprised that they moved. He even does the "I should have been there" shit, like, it looks to me they killed the Hand invaders and just moved because they were under attack. What the fuck difference does he think he would have made. Loser!
lol
I guess you need to watch the whole thing to find out!

Also, Claire is literally the only doctor in all of NYC.

Volimar

So two episodes down. I feel like the acting isn't half bad except for Ward. The fight choreography isn't very impressive, and the writing isn't that great either. Hoping it picks up.

Honestly, it's not so bad so far.

Mandius

Episode 2 - Danny is shown a 15 year old commercial.

Any advert that old would have been filmed with everything (people and gfx) framed in the 4x3 safe area, given the ubiquitous nature of SD 4x3 televisions at the time. Not 16x9 HD.

Sm8wG2Z.png

Sloppy production work.

I'm cracking up at episode 2. He finally convinces the doctor he's Danny Rand, and he ruins that good will by trying to also convince him of his insane origin story

Shaanyboi

Banned

Any advert that old would have been filmed with everything (people and gfx) framed in the 4x3 safe area, given the ubiquitous nature of SD 4x3 televisions at the time. Not 16x9 HD.

Sm8wG2Z.png

Sloppy production work.
Uhhh... Ummm

Stark tech in this universe made HD available way sooner!

phew...

I'll admit, I'm surprised they got the budget to make an entire series about a dude who spent 15 years to become a mediocre fighter who has the super power to punch doors off their hinges.

evanmisha

Sm8wG2Z.png

Sloppy production work.

Same shit happens with the like 8mm footage of the old Iron Fist fighting. Shitty ass damaged film filter and 16:9

caliph95

No, that's not the worst part.

The first cliffhanger is Danny's childhood friend giving the go-ahead to kill him because he slightly inconvenienced her prior worldview.
And his other childhood friend that also wants to kill because Danny sucks i guess. Also K'un Lun is gone because the budget couldn't handle it.

Paz

Just finished this show and I'm not sure you need a spoiler thread because across 13 hour long episodes nothing happens :(

Anything that does happen is undone immediately or switched up immediately in some kind of twist, and despite being told things over and over again the 'iron fist' just keeps ignoring everything and making the same trivial mistakes.

When his friend shows up and jokingly calls him the worst iron fist I couldn't laugh because the show does an incredible job convincing you that this guy is a charmless idiot who consistently makes the worst decisions, probably not helped by his one note acting.

Also everyone in china, even the decrepit poor beggars living on the street, speak perfect English as if they were raised in New York.

I don't get why Gao instantly thought it was an Iron Fist that destroyed the doors on the truck. I mean there are so many super powered dudes running around.

GrizzNKev

Banned
The last episode was absolute trash. In his final confrontation with Harold, who the show had been hyping up to be a well-trained fighter, they fumble around in the dark for a few seconds before Danny impales him on a pipe. Then Danny must overcome his thirst for revenge that has been messing with his mind since the beginning, and he is able to do so because... the lights on top of the Rand building look vaguely similar to the dragon's eyes? What??? What lesson is he learning here? Why does this flashback fix him when all the others made him worse, even though he clearly states that becoming the Iron Fist did not give him purpose as he had hoped? Why did they not use this moment as a payoff for Claire's conversation with Davos, in which she implies that ignoring your emotions is a mistake?

Honestly, fuck the terrible writing in this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom