• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

So, I am having higher ping and some input lag lately. It turns out the frame rate was locked to 95fps instead of 144. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I wouldn't have noticed it if I wasn't monitoring MSI afterburner's statistics too, even though I had ping and fps displayed using Overwatch's settings (alongside the damn RTSS overlay lol).

Now I can have my seventruple kills back.

Think I saw you in the twitch chat yesterday during Rogue vs Selfless talking about Korean ping? Was it you?

Yep
I said something like LG lost to Runaway on their 150-200ping lol and Uncleswagg corrected me 140-150 or 60 something like that.

Uncleswaggs super fast
Of course, he's playing Soldier. Can we just nerf this character so every streamer would stop using him?

He actualy had to switch to that cause he had no idea how to counter such mobile comp he was basically halfway feeding on def till he switched.

DevilDog

Yup. Play pattern is awful with him. "Does nothing...does nothing....does nothing...."YELLS IN JAPANESE"...*backline dead*"

I would like his blade to be more frequent but less powerful. Give other players more ways to play around it. Make it a part of his kit.

I mean he should get it far easier, but it should be less effective.

GoaThief

Lol, Sty's latest OverAnalyzed video is for a Diamond Genji. I'm laughing so hard at him triggering over the Genji's bad positioning and shitty attitude towards his team. Def worth a watch.

https://youtu.be/9rm3yC40w9g
Sty didn't say enough, particularly come the end. Requests for switches from Genji player when it's likely that Genji was the biggest issue - last two rounds especially. Genji attitude was horrible and the silence for long periods near the end was very telling. At least some comments are telling it like it is from the little I've read. That support line...yikes .

antitrop

I'm surprised Sty didn't mention that it's probably not a good idea to triple queue with 3 people in 3 different ranks in the first place.

They were lucky another Gold/Plat/Diamond triple was queueing at the same time.

caesar

Banned
GUYS I KNOW GENJI IS AMAZING WITH A HIGH SKILL CEILING

I'm just tired of people instalocking him and letting my team down because they can't flank, can't prioritize supports, can't reflect priority damage, and then proceed to blame everyone else for their shortcomings and masturbating furiously when they land a dragonblade triple kill.

I JUST DON'T LIKE THE CHARACTER AT ALL MMMKAY

Why don't you like him? His design and mechanics are awesome.

Why don't you like him? His design and mechanics are awesome.

I don't like Genji's current playstyle. As someone who mainly plays frontline defense or backline support, Genji and Pharah are my current biggest annoyances. Not to mention the skill ceiling separating a player like Seagull from your every day pub player on a character like Genji.

Toolkit wise and mechanics I think it's an interesting archetype and I like how Blizzard has worked melee kits into an FPS game but at the end of the day I will probably never play him outside of random heroes or 1v1s because I absolutely loathe the character design.

Blizzard made the most Anime bait character a DPS which lends to a lot of people instalocking Genji and being insufferable while doing so.

Basically it's like if you mixed a Razer mouse with Bleach and gave it the potential to get teamwipes and the hallowed 1V6 PotG that so many people in team games seem to crave.

komaruR

I'm surprised Sty didn't mention that it's probably not a good idea to triple queue with 3 people in 3 different ranks in the first place.

They were lucky another Gold/Plat/Diamond triple was queueing at the same time.
He thinks he could carry the gold but no, it was the other 3 that was doing carrying. Carried his sorry ass until he somehow not really poking and got ult for swording.

I don't like Genji's current playstyle. As someone who mainly plays frontline defense or backline support, Genji and Pharah are my current biggest annoyances. Not to mention the skill ceiling separating a player like Seagull from your every day pub player on a character like Genji.

Toolkit wise and mechanics I think it's an interesting archetype and I like how Blizzard has worked melee kits into an FPS game but at the end of the day I will probably never play him outside of random heroes or 1v1s because I absolutely loathe the character design.

Blizzard made the most Anime bait character a DPS which lends to a lot of people instalocking Genji and being insufferable while doing so.

Basically it's like if you mixed a Razer mouse with Bleach and gave it the potential to get teamwipes and the hallowed 1V6 PotG that so many people in team games seem to crave.
How about Hanzo?!

How about Hanzo?!

I think I have the least time played on the following heroes:

Widowmaker
Hanzo
Genji

For similar reasons to my Genji reasoning.

Out of the three, I actually like Hanzo's design the most. But I still feel it's a little too much anime bait and still plays on common Asian tropes a bit too much.

I dig Widowmaker's backstory, femme fatale style and her use of French is cool but making her T&A Assassin the hero lost a lot of points with me.

In terms of gameplay, I'm not necessarily amazing with snipers so I rarely use them.

Once again, making an anime bait character a sniper that has a high skill ceiling and needs some amount of coordination and has a high chance of being a detriment to the team if played poorly also frustrates me.

caesar

Banned

What is his current playstyle? I don't really think people play him cos 'anime bait' anymore, he is legitimately one of the best heros to learn.

I don't really get your argument, so your mad when genji harrasses you as backline support but you also want that player to be as good as seagull?

DevilDog

Genji is by far my most played character and my best character.

Fuck his appearance. Thanks to him I'm labelled a weeb everywhere.

I'm trying to find a good gaming mouse to use for Overwatch and I'd like to get some suggestions from you guys.What one's and you all use?
Anything Zowie (same sensor across their mice, just choose the form factor that you like). Logitech Pro and G403 are good too.

I use a Zowie FK1, something I especially like about Zowie is that there's no mouse software with them, everything is done entirely on the mouse itself.

The Bastion meta has been a lot of fun for me as a Zen player who got to kill a lot of bad Bastions who don't seem to think Zen has a chance at killing them after they are discorded.

Agreed, but there are some Bastions who are flat-out looking for Zens now, and will pass up other targets just to get to you. It's kinda frightening if the Bastion actually knows what he's doing.

komaruR

I'm trying to find a good gaming mouse to use for Overwatch and I'd like to get some suggestions from you guys.What one's and you all use?

go out to your local bestbuy and see if they got a razor deathadder on display. try the ergonomics of it.
zowie ec2-a is similar deathadder but slightly smaller.
imo, think deathadder and ec2-a is feels more comfortable for palm grip
http://zowie.benq.com/en/product/mouse/ec/ec2-a.html

zowie fk1 or 2 series are symmetric form factor and does not have the bump on the palm area like razor deathadder/zowie ec2-a
fk series is not bad if you want to have a smaller palm area for griping when doing wider movement
http://zowie.benq.com/en/product/mouse/fk/fk2.html

rocketjumpninja does great mouse reviews
http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/find-a-mouse/

Speaking of weebs, I was trying to get out of ello hell in Season 1 by grouping up with a Gaffer here (finalflame). We had someone pick Hanzo immediately, so we told him to switch and we were like "hopefully he doesn't switch to Genji" AND HE FUCKING DID LOL. It was literally a meme; I remember screen capturing the group chat where we predicted he would switch to Genji.

Them Shimada bros.

Gorillaz

Genji is by far my most played character and my best character.

Fuck his appearance. Thanks to him I'm labelled a weeb everywhere.

I love that genji is pretty much the one character that has had his label stick and just permeate to a person's personality since launch. We had Reaper and D.va jokes but "pro genji" is never going away.

Just embrace it at this point and tell everyone in the main lobby what your favorite anime of the season is

I love that genji is pretty much the one character that has had his label stick and just permeate to a person's personality since launch. We had Reaper and D.va jokes but "pro genji" is never going away.

Just embrace it at this point and tell everyone in the main lobby what your favorite anime of the season is

Some people think that every Mercy main is a girl.

I also had a guy on my team once who was getting tilted while playing Soldier and started acting like him saying stuff like "We're all Soldiers now" in the most serious way possible. I'm not sure if that story is relevant, but I had to share that lol.

If I ask a Genji player their favorite anime and they DON'T say either Cowboy Bebop or FLCL they are getting reported.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
It's a shame you can tell how the game is going to go many of the times just in the first pick

Notice we have absolutely no range.

"Hey, if they have a Pharah, we're fucked, can someone switch".

They have a Pharah

"Can someone switch to something to help with her"

1v1 Pharah as Lucio
No one switches, so I switch
Round ends

"Why do we have one healer guis?!"

It's a shame you can tell how the game is going to go many of the times just in the first pick

Notice we have absolutely no range.

"Hey, if they have a Pharah, we're fucked, can someone switch".

They have a Pharah

"Can someone switch to something to help with her"

1v1 Pharah as Lucio
No one switches, so I switch
Round ends

"Why do we have one healer guis?!"

In Bronze/Silver 100% of matches feature Junkrat, and 99% have Pharah. The Junkrats always complain about Pharah, and I always tell them to switch to a useful hero so they can help kill her.

Speaking of weebs, I was trying to get out of ello hell in Season 1 by grouping up with a Gaffer here (finalflame). We had someone pick Hanzo immediately, so we told him to switch and we were like "hopefully he doesn't switch to Genji" AND HE FUCKING DID LOL. It was literally a meme; I remember screen capturing the group chat where we predicted he would switch to Genji.

Them Shimada bros.
The Shimadas and Widowmaker. It is the quintessential Overwatch player stereotype. So many times I've seen players who, if they ever swap characters, only EVER swap between that trinity.

Gorillaz

wait is the maskless genji the ultimate one? I thought it was the halloween one tha was pure weeb

I only have the masked off ones. Fuck it's the weeb's choice :(

I increased the mouse DPI by mistake, and suddenly I am so much better at aiming with Mcree, Widow (especially her) and Pharah. I usually don't like higher sensitivities by somehow this works better in Overwatch (Widow has slow scoped speed/sensitivity).

What is his current playstyle? I don't really think people play him cos 'anime bait' anymore, he is legitimately one of the best heros to learn.

I don't really get your argument, so your mad when genji harrasses you as backline support but you also want that player to be as good as seagull?

His current playstyle of being an annoying fly on the wall that pokes your supports until he builds ult and then he kills everyone.

The odds of having a Genji be godawful and think he's good have been way higher than any other character, IMO. He just tends to attract the worst players in Overwatch with the worst attitudes.

Also Genji just bleeds anime and even as an avid anime watcher I hate the character, the design, the ability his ult has to singlehandedly kill me before I can react, and I hate that as a Reinhardt / Lucio / Ana / Hog player I have to focus him more than anyone else on the team because my team tends to ignore him until RYUJIN...

But most of all,

The Shimadas and Widowmaker. It is the quintessential Overwatch player stereotype. So many times I've seen players who, if they ever swap characters, only EVER swap between that trinity.

This. I've had so many games lost because our star DPS xUCHIHAx who can't outperform me as Rein is trying to tell me how we all suck and his smurf is GM and he doesn't feel he should switch off Genji and when he switches he switches to Hanzo into the other team's Winston.

I increased the mouse DPI by mistake, and suddenly I am so much better at aiming with Mcree, Widow (especially her) and Pharah. I usually don't like higher sensitivities by somehow this works better in Overwatch (Widow has slow scoped speed/sensitivity).

High DPI, low sens is the way to go my guy.

But I don't even watch anime. The only ones I've seen are DBZ and Psycho Pass.

I've seen so much anime, it just reminds me that Genji is super tryhard design mode. Like, I had the benefit of the doubt until the Sparrow skin at which point I realized they were going full Shounen with it.

I got to Gold, then lost and dropped below 2000, but I'm still Gold?

Lol, another random and I were begging a teammate to swap from Hanzo, he finally agreed...Picked Widow.

The other and I just started laughing so hard.

Just stole POTG from Pharah as Mercy

She got a quad kill to full hold the first point.

I got a double Rez then sniped an enemy Soldier to help secure the second point.

Anything wrong with this picture?

antitrop

Just stole POTG from Pharah as Mercy

She got a quad kill to full hold the first point.

I got a double Rez then sniped an enemy Soldier to help secure the second point.

Anything wrong with this picture?

Did you get any assists? Those count for quite a bit towards POTG, actually.

A 2x rez, an elim, and an assist or two isn't a bad POTG.

randome

Got to 2300 SR and then literally just continue to lose. It's been like two days of straight losing. I lost over 100 SR in 1 match. Fml.

Top Bottom