• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that you *think* only you on GAF have played

snoopers

I am multitalented
Le Manoir de Mortvielle (Mortville Manor in the US), a french adventure game on Atari ST with creepy digital voices.

Mortville_Manor.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=n3ieJWu0nkA#t=52s

Theme song and its silly humming digit is stuck in my mind for the rest of my life.

Hamst3r

Rocket Jockey?

300px-Rocket_Jockey_Box.jpg

HKNY3306HKHKNY3306HK.jpg

It's an amazing game and I still have the CD for it. I mean, dude...rocket bikes and grappling hooks. Arena combat set to surf rock.

I have yet to meet anyone else in person who has actually played it.

uhhh

952077_110073_front6zbfs.jpg

Maybe Genocide Square? I don't know. Dr. Kick in Adventure? Lup Salad? Zyclunt?
I've been aiming to play Genocide Squared for a while now, but I'm sure someone here must have played it once.

Okay GAF.

EM7nD.jpg
Another I want to play, another one that's got a decent cult following. It just ain't obscure enough, yet.

gaf am I alone in my love of shubibinman?

Yu9Fg.jpg
This is pretty likely, though. I've only heard about the game through the presence of a couple of soundtrack releases!

Here's my game that none of you have played: BS O.B. Golf!

This game was never released, and the only other guy who I know played it was probably the first person to even write about it at all. Worth a look, as it's quite good.

Vard

3D Movie Maker, but I'm sure someone has played it here. Maybe not as recent as I have though (2007?).

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Are You Afraid of the Dark: the tale of orpheo's curse

Also, any and every DOS game, like Indy 500 and Grand Prix. And Hugo's House of Horror.

Played all of those, indy most of all. In fact I still have that one! :)

LECPZ.jpg

Philia

I've played that. Fucking loved it too. Fuck dem sharks. I had to stop playing becuase I actually got scared. But, I wish that Endless Ocean had threats, because I stopped playing out of boredom.

Awesome! I'm so glad to be wrong/to lose in this thread!

Alright here's another attempt. :)

Sylvan-Tale-258x300.jpg

This game was short and cute.

Castle of the Winds

Nope. Played it (got it on a CD called "The Complete Windows Set") and loved it. It was probably the best game on there, although Dare to Dream was also pretty good.

I'm going to say Wizard of Wall Street for the PC. I played it in CGA - I think it was made in 1985 but I'm not sure. I'd love to post a screenshot, but I couldn't even find one online; only text references to it.

Edit: I found a link to a pic of the box.
y1Rq0.jpg

Star Hammer (some old DOS shareware game)
starhammer.gif

It had little "CG" pieces that led into the actual gameplay part. God this was a long time ago.

Heart of Darkness - PC/PS1 (as far as i know)
I have never met anyone who has heard of it, let alone played it. It was really fucking hard for me! I never beat it. The intro was really cool. I hope someone on GAF has played it, because then I won't feel so alone.

The death animations are the best part of this game. totally graphic and gruesome.

Voidguts

UNBPb.jpg

Nexus, the Kingdom of the Winds

couldn't find a great picture, but.. this was the first MMO that I ever sank serious time into. I still think about it from time to time, it had some really cool features. I also used to love the old sprites but it seems like they've redone them.

1236982053-00.jpg

Defiance, legendary board game company Avalon Hill's attempt at making an action game.

It was like a cross of a more standard FPS and Descent. You drove a hover tank could fly briefly.

I recall liking this one, but it got savaged in reviews at the time. It seemed to attract extra hate because it was an action game coming from a company that had only ever produced strategy games. CGW in particular seemed to hate on it for this reason.

It did do a decent job of injecting some passive story into the game, and had a Half Life-lite intro, only a year or two before Half life actually came out.

Game on the TG-16 called Cadash. Used to play this game so much. Even remember the cheat to advance to max level and skip the entire first area :p

cadash.png

Anteater

Don't play a lot of obscure games, but I used to play Kingyo Chuuihou (Goldfish Warning) the game with my cousins on their imported super famicom.

kcBTj.png

The game is split into school years and semesters, and there's a roulette that choose a subject for you and each of them has its own minigame, most of them were pretty fun (while short), we just have to guess the trivia part because we don't know japanese.

SgYuU.png

Brick

Castle of the Winds

8006001.png

THIS is what I came here to post. I played the demo of this SO many times as a kid (had no money to buy it). Now I feel I should track down and beat the full game to prove something to my younger self.

Medalion

Banned
I used to think I was the only person on GAF who played the game "Mean Streets", which was probably the first game in the Tex Murphy game series

fart town usa

Gold Member
Not me but my friend played this game and was obsessed with it; I have never heard anyone else mention it before:

640463-dink_box_1__large.jpg

I loved that game as a kid. It's on the app store.

I've never heard anyone mention flesh feast, it's pretty lousy from what I remember.

!!e!Uit!EGM~%24(KGrHqYOKj4E00bKcdpEBNP3ZGLhUQ~~_35.JPG

Karak

The dreamcast game I think it was called the Floogle Brothers or something. I fucking loved that game but no one I talk to has ever played it.

Canuck76

Banned
As a kid i legitimately rented Superman 64 and tried to play it for like 5 minutes. Also literally asked my mom if something was wrong with the tv/controller/n64

I had Spiderman 64 and loved that game, thought it would be of the same quality.

I was so wrong

Mine is Dragonstomper. It was for the Starpath add-on that played with the Atari 2600. As far as I know, it was the first actual rpg for any video game system. Though I may be wrong about that, it was certainly one of the first. And I'd be surprised if anyone else here has played it.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
The best game I owned on the 3DO:

ReturnFire_3DOBOX-2005usboxart_160w.jpg

I doubt this was the original box, but its the only picture of the cover I can find:

1137703572-00.jpg

Played this a lot on our old Windows 3.1 computer. I'm sure the disc is still floating around somewhere.

hqdefault.jpg

Top Bottom