• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance vs HALO 3 (comparison inside)

Rorschach

High Ground is way too clean. Looks like some rich dude's house or something. In Resistance, you have debris and dirst and messed up buildings and such....

Seriously, why do you guys do this to yourselves?

Hunter D

Damn, this thread is still going. I will bookmark for when the crow is served. I still can't forget last years classic sale thread that involved GOW and RFOM.

"GOW will only sell 500000 copies, RFOM will sell millions!"

Mojovonio

Banned
frankthurk said:
Interesting... I feel like there's some well used term for someone who pulls this kinda shit...

someone who intentionally posts derogatory or otherwise inflammatory messages about sensitive topics in an established online community such as an online discussion forum to bait users into responding

hmmm what was that.

The whole point of this thread is to bring trolls out.

My post had a heir of sarcasm around it, hence the picture that accompanied it.

Don't blame me if it went over your head.

giga

AltogetherAndrews said:
Compared to some maps in Resistance, it's pretty damned clean. Not that there is anything wrong with that, damn it.
lol? what's up with this "clean" argument now?

Mojovonio said:
The whole point of this thread is to bring trolls out.

My post had a heir of sarcasm around it, hence the picture that accompanied it.

Don't blame me if it went over your head.
lol, the ol' "sarcasm" excuse. :)

Proelite

ss449.jpg

KevinRo

Jesus people, we are comparing a beta build of a game that has 3 multiplayer maps against a polished game that has had updates and patches along with new DLC.

JoJo13

Banned
Norml said:
Resistance wins for me, it has to render far more players.
I concur. Having more players running around in map is far more interesting than playing the usual number counts. :D

giga

JoJo13 said:
I concur. Having more players running around in map is far more interesting than playing the usual number counts. :D
Random non team work vs cooperation? I guess it's not for everybody but 16 player matches and above are just horrible. :S

JoJo13

Banned
giga said:
Random non team work vs cooperation? I guess it's not for everybody but 16 player matches and above are just horrible. :S
16player matches and above are not horrible, its pretty fun since its chaotic.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
they're neither of them particularly gorgeous games -- though resistance's campaign has its moments. what's impressive about resistance is its stability with TONS of stuff going on, but it's obviously unfair to compare it to a beta in that respect.

drohne said:
what's impressive about resistance is its stability with TONS of stuff going on, but it's obviously unfair to compare it to a beta in that respect.

That's allegedly what's supposed to be impressive about Halo 3 too.

Title is wrong as you're comparing HALO 3 beta and Resistance.
Maybe that the final game will look the same.
Maybe not.

The only thing for sure is that title is not correct. :))

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Vyse The Legend said:
Yes, let's compare a finished game to a beta with incomplete graphics. Excellent!

my thoughts exactly.

Let's not forget Halo 3's varied colour palette, compared to the Resistance richness of muddy greens and brownish hues. :lol

Borys

Banned
Tieno said:
Damn it Borys, you can be such an ass.

Exactly what my coworkers say :)

BTW Halo music *rocks*. Best FPS soundtrack ever, next to Deus Ex and Shadow Warrior.

My best tracks are:

Truth and Reconciliation Suite
The Gun Pointed at the Head of the Universe
Rock Anthem for Saving the World
The Maw
On a Pale Horse

StevieP

Banned
Mr.Potato Head said:
I think its "retarded" to compare a finished game to an unfinished game

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6502337&postcount=398
Mr.Potato Head said:
What did we get? A rebadged gamecube? Im starting to get a little pissed why a game such as this look like it did on cube

Practice what you preach.

Well, supposedly the PS3 has a time exclusive for Haze so I'd rather compare it to Haze.

Perhaps it's better not to compare at all :p

Top Bottom