• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite product designs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Whether it be the case, or user interface, some products are made to look good. Show me your favorites.

I would like to keep this thread as a place for general discussion regarding product design, meaning anything you find appealing may be shared. Also, if you come across something interesting wherever you may be, take a picture and share it here. Please try to help each other in identifying any unknown product names.

My Favorites:

6858690370_79eb7c5071_c.jpg

6858690198_41e7911ece_c.jpg

This thread will be full of Apple products... so I'll just pretend the thread title is "favorite apple product design?".

My favorite Apple design, even though it's obviously kinda dated, is the earlier iMac.

4Rph5.jpg

So awesome

noah111

Still Alive
This thread will be full of Apple products... so I'll just pretend the thread title is "favorite apple product design?".

My favorite Apple design, even though it's obviously kinda dated, is the earlier iMac.

http://i.imgur.com/4Rph5.jpg[IMG]

[I]So awesome[/I][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember looking at that in amazement back in the day, not understanding where the computer actually fit into the whole thing. :lol I love MBP's though (typing on one now);

[img]http://iosjailbreaker.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/49004__macbookproaat.jpg

10666296-macbook-pro-repair.jpg

And I loved using these water bottles;

9c1d5b5a3b05487973e0c8bf92e6eb85.jpg

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Oh, I see.

Well, they do look nice at least.

On the other hand,

The company does preach sustainability, and denounces the use of single use water bottles. The product is one thing, but it is part of converting over to using other hydration solutions such as filtered water fountains.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Asus Transformer.

Every class I bring it into people lose their shit.

I'm convinced that if it had an apple logo it would have sold millions.

Mr_Moogle

I also loved the Nintendo Gamecube's design. I think releasing it in purple kind of killed it though because consumers never really took it seriously. If they had released it in just black and silver people might have given it a chance instead of passing it off as a kids toy.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
The Axiom range by Dagger. The superior white water kayak on the market as of today.

iu8UX8I3aUsQr.jpg

And the Axis range, specifically the Axis 10.5. Best all round kayak money can buy.

iVfoWcjR9hw6c.jpg

DonMigs85

I also loved the Nintendo Gamecube's design. I think releasing it in purple kind of killed it though because consumers never really took it seriously. If they had released it in just black and silver people might have given it a chance instead of passing it off as a kids toy.

Apparently old man Yamauchi loved purple/indigo, so Game Boy Color to GameCube all featured it. Makes me wonder how much worse the SNES and N64 would have fared if they had purple variants too.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Nokia Lumia 800
CHpkO.jpg

This is the best looking phone ever. It's just so beautiful.

Galaxy Nexus
euWcA.jpg

While it doesn't look amazing in picture form, the remarkable thing about it is how comfortable it is to hold. It makes you forget you're holding a 4.65 inch screen phone.

Macbook Air
iwXqa.jpg

Incredibly revolutionary in it's design. Just beautiful.

Wacom Cintiq 21HD

CyON9.jpg

I'm not sure if it's the design, or just that seeing it makes me instinctively drool, but I want it so bad.

Wii

7MtbB.jpg

I've always like the Wii's minimalistic design. Looks great in contrast to the other two behemoth consoles.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
nook-touch1-420x286.jpg

I bought a nook Touch based almost solely on its physical design. All I wanted it for was ebooks and I love its minimalist frame.

noah111

Still Alive
Man that brings back memories. I was sad to see my 60GB launch model with 4 USB ports, hidden memory card slots, and silver lining bight the dust when it YLOD'd.

Loved that thing, even if picking it up made the whole thing squeak from the weight and plastic pieces distributing. :p Slim model is still pretty beautiful, though.

Mr_Moogle

Apparently old man Yamauchi loved purple/indigo, so Game Boy Color to GameCube all featured it. Makes me wonder how much worse the SNES and N64 would have fared if they had purple variants too.

I actually own an indigo Gamecube. I love purple. But seriously I'm in the minority here and most of my friends laughed at me for buying it. They should have released it in Black and Silver at launch, and then brought in a coloured range later in its lifecycle, similar to what they did with the N64.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
most expensive water bottles I've ever seen in the store, but I would probably look cool having one, almost $40 in store last time I checked

$25 actually. Where have you been looking?

They are definitely good looking! A few celebrities rock them, however I would think something more self absorbed such as a Voss bottle would suit that category better...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom