• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey bundle announced

jts

...hate me...
And a while after that when your console breaks or there's an issue with your account or you need to sell some games, you would appreciate having them physical.
Selling games is the only problem, but yeah, it is a problem. I got stuck with some duds on Wii U that I could just cash out, don't want to do the same mistake again. Not for all games.

Ex-Psych

Bundle and Joycon is red...

Christmas/Holidays is connected with the color red...

Switch confirmed to be a Gigaton Seller in Holidays.

Oxn

Oh sure. Nintendo is a strange bird tho. Plus they’re supply constrained, so why give up that revenue?

I also got a bundled PS4, the Uncharted 4 one. It cost extra due to the game. So first party versus third party? Maybe the marketing contracts with third parties offset the costs?

Actually i may remember wrong, but it was definitely a little cheaper than the price of a ps4 plus a full price game.

grumble

Mario galaxy was an unreal, one of the best games ever kid of game. If Mario odyssey is similar, this is a must buy.

pablito

They had me until digital game. I was waiting until Mario to get a Switch and I'm liking those Joycons. What are the chances they'll have that color separately?

mrmickfran

I said virtually every single one they make on the first page and I'm gonna stand by that gosh darn it!

For reference what Mario (non Kart/spin-offs) bundles have Nintendo done before? I don't remember any Sunshine, Galaxy or Galaxy 2 bundles which was why I thought there wouldn't be one this time either. Did 3D World get a bundle even? I vaguely recall one here in the U.K. but I may be misremembering.

3D World got a bundle

81MXGbRbzaL._SX522_.jpg

That, 64 and Odyssey are the only 3D games to get a bundle.

NolbertoS

No physical, no buy. tired of these digital game bundles. If you wanna include a digital, don't sell the digital game at MSRP than

For reference what Mario (non Kart/spin-offs) bundles have Nintendo done before? I don't remember any Sunshine, Galaxy or Galaxy 2 bundles which was why I thought there wouldn't be one this time either. Did 3D World get a bundle even? I vaguely recall one here in the U.K. but I may be misremembering.
Mario Sunshine, NSMB, NSMB Wii, 3D World, 3D Land, NSMB2, NSMBU+NSLU, Mario Maker off the top of my head from 2000 onwards. Tons of spin off ones too including Mario Party, Mario & Luigi etc. etc.

Malakai

I said virtually every single one they make on the first page and I'm gonna stand by that gosh darn it!

Yes, NSMB Wii was bundled with the Wii and NSMB U was bundled with Wii U; also, Super Mario 3D World was bundled with the Wii U as well. Also, in the U.S. NSMB 2 is bundle with the OG 2DS...

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Fuck me and the Splatton Bundle that was delivered today. I would have returned it if they did Mario and Luigi Controllers for sure.

prag16

Banned
$20 more than the system plus game, for a carrying case I wouldn't use, and the game copy is digital?

I'll sit tight until some time next year I guess. Even thought I'm hyped as fuck for the game.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Why are their bundles always digital only

Because it's cheaper for Nintendo and prevents copies being sold separately.

I'll buy joy cons of they're sold separately.

They probably will eventually.

Same with the carrying case.

In Europe they are selling the carrying case separately.

When did taking 10 seconds to change games become such an unbearable task?

People have gotten lazy over the years.

Kirye

I was waiting to see what kind of Joy cons would come from Odyssey and looking at them now I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy some custom Etsy ones.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Hopefully I can switch out the Splatoon 2 bundle I have on layaway for this one. Way more into these joycons.

Ponn

Banned
Haha, bundle is neat but gotta love how others make system bundles that are priced at a discount to entice sales. Nintendo is just fuck it, you are paying MSRP for everything in this bundle because we know this shit is going to sell out anyways. I can't blame them for it, just funny.

pixelation

Digital only?, also... the joy con colors should've been red and blue with a touch of yellow (as in Mario's outfit) the red and black color scheme is not cool.

Top Bottom