• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix lists upcoming games, doesn't list Kingdom Hearts 3 as 2017

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
You will notice the left column of upcoming games all have release dates, or at least release years, while the right column includes such games as "Marvel IP", which aren't even being announced until 2018.

Via: http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/ir/pdf/20170303_01en.pdf

kingdomheartslol33ysz.png

Ray Down

Banned
But it's it's 15 anniversary post /s

Of course it wasn't happening with all the ports, that's basically telling us it ain't coming this year.

Dark_castle

In 2018, Nomura will announce that he's leaving the directorial seat to Hajime Tabata and the history shall repeat itself.

So what do they have for this fiscal year?

DQ11 is Japan only so far as we know.

Stormblood is June.

FFXII is July.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider towards the end of the year?

Wow what a surprise, not really. This game will never come out. If it does I would not expect this till at least late 2018 to 2019.

blakep267

Stormblood is June.

FFXII is July.

Shadow of the tomb raider could also possibly be March 2018. Maybe they've learned their lesson with Rise of the tomb raider and won't release it in the fall

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Stormblood is June.

FFXII is July.

Yeah, I'd guess that along with some smaller titles.

Their growing mobile revenue usually carries them, and the MMOs will be performing better this year.

Ok but ignoring that, is there a reason I don't see project octopath travellers on this list? ( Unless it is there and I'm just so tired I can't​ even spot things I'm specifically looking for any more).

Just because it's nintendos exclusive? HD pipeline is such a terrible name

It's hard for me to even imagine FF7Remake ever being finished. I know we'll get the first part of the series. But, it seems so far off, I can't even wrap my head around when subsequent episodes will be done. If it's a trilogy, we are literally talking about the last game being a 2022 game, at best.

Just, fucking insanity.

Zedark

Ok but ignoring that, is there a reason I don't see project octopath travellers,l on this list? ( Unless it is there and I'm just so tired I can't​ even spot things I'm specifically looking for any more).

Just because it's nintendos exclusive? HD pipeline is such a terrible name

I think it's considered too small to list. Idagaki Street is there probably only because they don't have another big title announced for this year, so they needed to fill up the space (nothing against Idgaki Street mind you).

Eylos

Banned
It's hard for me to even imagine FF7Remake ever being finished. I know we'll get the first part of the series. But, it seems so far off, I can't even wrap my head around when subsequent episodes will be done. If it's a trilogy, we are literally talking about the last game being a 2022 game, at best.

Just, fucking insanity.
It Will be a Cross gen game, most probably

Top Bottom