• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thief | Review thread

SJRB

Gold Member
ixK3XruYjuXMV.png

ibzkbdmZQjeCdn.png

Machinima - 8.5/10
Canadian Online Gamers - 8.1/10
Game Informer - 8/10
Gamereactor Sweden - 8/10
Joystiq - 8/10 [4/5 stars]

PC Gamer - 7.9/10
Gamepro Germany - 7.8/10
4Gamers - 7.7/10
Destructoid - 7.5/10
Gametrailers - 7.5/10
Playstation Universe - 7.5/10
SlasherJPC video review - 7.5/10
EDGE - 7/10
Gamesbeat - 7/10
Gamesradar - 7/10 [3.5/5 stars]
OPM UK - 7/10
Play - 7/10
Videogamer - 7/10 [trololol]
XONE Magazine - 7/10

Lazygamer - 6.9/10
IGN - 6.8/10
Gamesided - 6.5/10
NowGamer - 6.5/10
Eurogamer - 6/10
Gamespot - 6/10
GamesTM - 6/10
Polygon - 6/10
Rev3games/Sessler video review - 6/10 [3/5 stars]
Rocket Chainsaw video review - 6/10 [3/5 stars]
Saving Content - 6/10 [3/5 stars]
US Gamer - 6/10 [3/5 stars]

Metro - 5/10

Kotaku - NO
Rockpapershotgun - no score review

Updating as reviews get published

GHG

Gold Member
Oh well. Looks like people should go back and play dishonoured if they haven't already.

Tadale

6's aren't so bad - I was afraid that it was going to be much worse. I'll check it out after the March games.

I am actually surprised the gaming press hasn't eatin' a games like this up. Doesn't it respond to their meta-narrative likes? Washed out, uninspired, cinematic, helpful cues, illusory choice...

Or is it because it lacks chest high wall multiplayer ADS?

kazebyaka

Banned
Actually, the game sounds pretty damn fun from reviews. The only cons are load times (ssd rulz) and bad story. I can live with that.

Jb

Wow, that RPS review is... unexpected to say the least.
That's cool, I always hoped the game would end up being somewhat interesting and fun to play, if not worthy of the Thief name.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Eurogamer Italy: 9/10

'One of the best action-stealth titles in years and the first serious contender for the “2014 Game of the Year” contest.'

The two that I expected to rip it the most - RPS and Edge - both gave it favorable reviews. Not great, but favorable. Definitely did not expect that.

DaBuddaDa

Ouch, how did they mess this up so bad.

You should read the stories that have leaked out about the development of this game. Development Hell doesn't even come close to describing it. I'm utterly shocked it ever shipped in the first place, let alone is getting 6s and 7s.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
My mouth words and game footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBTQQwcXlWA

Played on PC, Master Custom difficulty, Focus ability locked off. Note: You can play through the entire game comfortably without using focus. It's not a busted, gameplay integral ability.

EDIT: I see I'm in the OP already. All according to plan.

Toxi

Banned
I can't even tell anymore, all these 6-10 scores blur together in my eyes.

The stream seemed to tell me enough.

I frankly didn't expected some of the first reviews to be this bad.

You can almost hear the sound of the nostalgia-is-to-blame! defense force gathering.

GoodlifeX

I guess I should I been alarmed that they stapled the name of a franchise that looked only vaguely like it's predecessors. Well there goes any hope of a real revival of the series.

L1NETT

Actually, the game sounds pretty damn fun from reviews. The only cons are load times (ssd rulz) and bad story. I can live with that.

Deus Ex HR also had massive load times. This studio and their load times eh?

Pretty average set of scores, still looking forward to playing it mind.

Oh well

OneUh8

I expected this. I could see this coming a mile away. Game just never looked that good. Glad I am waiting, but I will pick it up for $30. Sucks because I liked this series on PC.

Top Bottom