• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Circus Peanuts: Delicious Candy or Ipecac Substitute?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've all seen them: bags of orange and/or multicolored, vaguely peanut-shaped blobs ostensibly made of marshmallow, with clowns subtly mocking us from the outside of the package.

I, for one, have enjoyed circus peanuts all my life. But I am becoming increasingly aware that I fall into a tiny minority. I can't say what it is about them, the texture or the enigmatically banana-ish flavor, or the shape, but I'm not afraid to stand up and speak out for all the circus peanut fans out there and say "Hey, you know what, these aren't too bad."

So I address this to you, GAF. What is so bad about circus peanuts? Haters, defend your hatred. Fans
(I almost wrote 'lovers' but that's probably too strong a word in any case)
, defend your oppressed candy brethren.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I full believe that me and my father are the ones that keep the Circus Peanut industry afloat...

While the regular circus peanut is good... what I really love is the variation that Brach's does during Easter... a slightly different taste and consistency, but most certainly a cousin of the circus peanut.

brachs_chicks_rabbits_candy.JPG

radjago

The marshmallow bits in Lucky Charms are too dry and crunchy now. Circus Peanuts are moist and soft and get a perfectly creamy texture in your mouth.

daw840

I always think I like these, so I buy a bag. The first couple that I eat are delicious, but then they start to taste weird and I can never actually eat more than 3-4 at a time. Now "Peeps" on the other hand are just hands down disgusting.

In school we had a chili cook-off.

One of the entrants made a joke dish called Chili con Carnival. Basically chili plus Circus Peanuts.

He is now a very wealthy man.

notsol337

marked forever
I LOVE CIRCUS PEANUTS HOLY SHIT.

You're a pervert if you don't.

(Don't ask me how that works out, because I don't know.)

adg1034

Count Dookkake said:
In school we had a chili cook-off.

One of the entrants made a joke dish called Chili con Carnival. Basically chili plus Circus Peanuts.

He is now a very wealthy man.

A classmate of yours is now a Whedon writer? Hot damn.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Circus peanuts are poison. Death by hellbanana. Taste aside (which is impossible) they have that horrible extra dense foam rubber quality to their texture which is just wrong.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
El_TigroX said:
I full believe that me and my father are the ones that keep the Circus Peanut industry afloat...

While the regular circus peanut is good... what I really love is the variation that Brach's does during Easter... a slightly different taste and consistency, but most certainly a cousin of the circus peanut.

brachs_chicks_rabbits_candy.JPG
Everything I feel about Circus Peanuts summed up in one post.

Now, am I the only person who still enjoys Necco Wafers?

42uld3

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Whimsical Phil said:

I always forget that I like Necco Wafers... but randomly eat them every couple years or so and LOVE them... the root beer ones are amazing.

adg1034 said:
A classmate of yours is now a Whedon writer? Hot damn.

Look up Y: The Last Man, Ex Machina, that little TV show called Lost... and I'll mention that he recently had a studio bidding war over his first original film screenplay.

Whimsical Phil said:

42uld3

I hardly ever see those anymore, but I love 'em. Aren't the purple ones clove flavored or something? We need more clove flavored candy.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Whimsical Phil said:

42uld3

Love these... I thought I was the only one.

adg1034

StorablePrawn said:
Look up Y: The Last Man, Ex Machina, that little TV show called Lost... and I'll mention that he recently had a studio bidding war over his first original film screenplay.

Oh, I know. I'm really excited for Roundtable and his work on Lost has been nothing short of spectacular (even though Meet Kevin Johnson was a little... flat), and I know his individual comics work has been nothing short of spectacular, but I just thought "Whedon!", because of his work on the Buffy comics, so I posted it.

Thanks, though.

radjago

I'm mostly a seasonal candy aficionado. Candy Corn, Conversation Hearts, Peeps, Jelly Beans, etc. Luckily most of these are available year-round now in one form or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom