• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8-4 to hold interview with the creators of Fire Emblem: Awakening

john tv

As I mentioned elsewhere, this is for NOA, not the podcast (just so it's clear). It's going to be on the web at some point (hopefully soon, but totally up to them).

The chat is with the creators in Kyoto.

OP - I'm gonna edit "tonight" out of the topic, hope you don't mind. Makes it sound like this is popping up tonight, but it probably won't surface for a little while.

Cheers, peeps~

Ledsen

As I mentioned elsewhere, this is for NOA, not the podcast (just so it's clear). It's going to be on the web at some point (hopefully soon, but totally up to them).

OP - I'm gonna edit "tonight" out of the topic, hope you don't mind. Makes it sound like this is popping up tonight, but it probably won't surface for a little while.

Cheers, peeps~

So this is basically "8-4 asks"?

John: (imitates Shigeru Miyamoto)

Mark: (laughs)

Justin: (laughs)

Everybody: (laughs)

Hiroko: (frowns)

Any chance you can ask about some information/tidbits of the Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem game, specifically how did that collaboration happened?
If only about Fire Emblem: Awakening, any new dlc classes in the works?

Balb

Any chance you can ask about some information/tidbits of the Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem game, specifically how did that collaboration happened?

Doubt they could ask something like this since the interview is supposed to just be about Awakening presumably.

shira

Cheers, peeps~

Are you going to voice over the Japanese guys in English?
edit: with subtitles
hideo-kojima-mark-macdonald.jpg

zroid

Banned
Interesting. There is an Iwata Asks for FEA though, maybe NoA just didn't find it satisfactory? Or they're doing this to try and reach out to fans.

Either way, they are far more interested in promoting this game than I would have ever imagined.

You should ask them what they thought of the translation process, how they feel getting their product translated into a different language for different cultures.

Also ask them to explain why 8-4 is the best translation company out there. ;)

massoluk

Banned
Ask them what Iwata: (Laugh) actually sound like.

And yes, the freaking deal behind SMT X Fire Emblem.
And what's with the feet.

Effect

Hope the Q&A goes well. Hope my question gets answered. Hard to ask questions via twitter with the low character limit. Had to do with the appeal of the story and characters to an international audience. Second part was pretty much along the lines of can there be more characters of darker skin tone since the game series is enjoyed world wide.

Boney

Banned
That's pretty awesome guys!

I'd love to know more about Kosaki being the lead artist and what about it made the game stand out from previous Fire Emblems

Also as to why they think the series got such a popularity boost and why the DS games were so unpopular in comparison. Like was it the new style, high quality cg or the celebration and incorporation of elements from the different games.

How was the experience to tackle new scenarios through DLC that wouldn't have been possible on just a standard release, like the Beach scenario, and if they preferred working on DLC to fledge Awakening universe more instead of fast tracking a sequel.

Will we be seeing more of Ylisse in the next game or if they're thinking of creating a new universe.

Cheers!

Coen

Don't have a Twitter account, so I'll guess I'm going to have to leave this here. I'd like to know how, in a long going series like Fire Emblem, the developers deal with the thin line between keeping it fresh but still have it be true to the series. It seems to me it's going to be impossible to please everyone. I'd love to know what their goals were, starting this project and if they feel the succeeded.

Shirokun

I'm betting that the thing with the feet was not a stylistic choice but one made due to screen size. The characters are well proportioned minus their feet. The developers probably felt that the full proportioned characters appeared too small on the 3ds screen and made this decision after things had already been modeled. This is the same thing that happened to the 3DS Hatsune Miku game, as it originally featured a full sized Miku and not the chibi one that we have today. I'd hope that with the XL becoming 3DS of choice for most people, we will see a difference for the next game but who knows.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Did 8-4 handle the localization of Fire Emblem or was it Nintendo internal?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Will it live up to Iwata Asks? Not if they're taking fan questions, I'm sorry but most people ask terrible questions.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Why does it have to "live up to" anything? It's not like one cancels out the other.

It doesn't have to, but Nintendo asked 8-4 to do this for them, and they're a great company, so I expect it to be a great interview, something along the lines of Iwata Asks.

Top Bottom