• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of war: Ascension - SP TEASER

a4xc4q.gif

nib95

Banned
Ok, looks awesome. But 30 seconds after so long focusing on multiplayer? Not good enough imo. Still worried the SP will be overly short and not fleshed out enough.

apesh1t

Banned
I hope there's less quick time events. I don't mind if there's a few mixed into the boss fights but I felt they were kind of over done in 3

Crawl

is santa monica working on a proper God of war 4 sequel after ascension for next gen? has there been any hints?

Andrew.

Banned
I hope there's less quick time events. I don't mind if there's a few mixed into the boss fights but I felt they were kind of over done in 3

Dude the GOW series is the only series and games imo that actually get the whole QTE thing "right". They can have as many of them as they want in there.

Looks good but then again all GOW games look pretty awesome - hope there is some actual depth to the gameplay this time round. GOW3 had some amazing moments but the whole game itself was nothing fantastic.

HardRojo

You get my $60 for that SP campaign Santa Monica, people say the Multiplayer doesn't feel tacked on but I don't care, I'll pay you my sesenta dólares for that SP!

Just_Tank

Hey guys,

Glad you are digging our short SP teaser. This is actually our first TV commercial as well. I've posted the US first-run schedule below in case you guys want to feel the epicness on your HD TV's during these glorious shows and events below.

We've got plenty more, so let this whet your appetites and start counting down the days to March 12.

Course, if you like what you saw, then don't let the Gods call you a fool, pre-order to get FREE CONTENT - http://www.godofwar.com/preorder, yea yea, I may be selling out there for a moment, but in the end, I want you get to get all the awesome stuff we are creating for you.

I am going to keep my lips sealed tight right now about what you saw in the trailer, i'll just say...that's barely...barely scratching the surface. You know what we do. we do God of War, it can only be EPIC...there can be, only chaos!

I will say, every shot in there is gameplay footage, NO CG (except the obvious stylized intro).

Original First Run TV Commercial Highlights:
1/20 – FOX UFC Road to Octagon 
1/25 – ESPN NBA Friday Night Spurs vs Mavs
1/25 – FOX UFC on Fox Live Fight
1/27 – ESPN NBA Sunday Hawks vs Knicks
1/27 – FOX American Dad
1/30 – ESPN NBA Wed  Heat vs Nets
1/30 – ESPN NBA Lakers vs Suns
1/31 – FX Archer
2/1 – ESPN NBA Friday Heat vs Pacers
2/1 – ESPN NBA Lakers vs Timberwolves 
2/3 – Family Guy

Endo Punk

Wait, Kratos is with his family despite his family being on him? And Kratos already fought the Kraken in GOWII so this can't be the same one. The game is coming along well but I never doubted SSM for one sec despite so much MP focus.

Sid

So in these 30 seconds we've seen Charybdis,Manticore and Megaera still the 'H' monster will be the biggest of them all.

Hey guys,

Glad you are digging our short SP teaser. This is actually our first TV commercial as well. I've posted the US first-run schedule below in case you guys want to feel the epicness on your HD TV's during these glorious shows and events below.

We've got plenty more, so let this whet your appetites and start counting down the days to March 12.

Course, if you like what you saw, then don't let the Gods call you a fool, pre-order to get FREE CONTENT - http://www.godofwar.com/preorder, yea yea, I may be selling out there for a moment, but in the end, I want you get to get all the awesome stuff we are creating for you.

I am going to keep my lips sealed tight right now about what you saw in the trailer, i'll just say...that's barely...barely scratching the surface. You know what we do. we do God of War, it can only be EPIC...there can be, only chaos!

I will say, every shot in there is gameplay footage, NO CG (except the obvious stylized intro).

1/27 – FOX American Dad
1/31 – FX Archer
2/3 – Family Guy

WOO! Glad to see you guys advertising this so effectively. Strange that you would leave out the multiplayer/preorder bonus at the end of it, but God of War sells on Single Player. Presume that when you guys are ready we will see a separate MP ad?

The graphics are ridiculous, they look like a stylized painting. I'm not just imagining that, am I? I am dying for you guys to do an entirely new mythology when you are done with GoW, I can't imagine how beautiful the game would look if you did Norse/Hindu/Egyptian myth. New hero, new setting, gorgeous artstyle, new gameplay. An entirely different game with the epicness only SMS could do.

We'll see if my wallet wounds heal after my Ni No Kuni Wizard's Edition purchase

strafer

Hey guys,

1/27 – FOX American Dad
1/31 – FX Archer
2/3 – Family Guy

I bow to the master.

Endo Punk

I don't care if GOWA doesn't have the scale of GOWIII I just want the game to be consistent. As good as GOWIII was it was really inconsistent visually and pacing and Boss fights.

BTW that water gif is nightmare fuel 0_0

Going to miss those Blades of Chaos.

What do you mean? The game takes place after Kratos pledged his allegiance to Ares, he will definitely have them throughout the game.

Hey guys,

1/27 – FOX American Dad
1/31 – FX Archer
2/3 – Family Guy
Hey, when can we get a full blown trailer and not just teaser?

Top Bottom