• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King Of Fighters XII To Be Shown At AOU 2008, Console Release In 2009 Hooooooooolyyy

KingJ2002

"this is definitely the year of the fighters"

For those lucky enough to attend AOU 2008 on February 16th, SNK Playmore JP and Taito will be displaying King of Fighters XII (Twelve) in video format. KOF XII has been in production for the longest amount of time, compared to any other King of Fighters produced and rightfully so, as SNK Playmore JP decided to start from scratch with a new game engine and completely overhaul the sprites.

King of Fighters XII will first be displayed on Taito's Type X² and later ported to Sony's PS3 in 2009, with a possible release on the Xbox 360 in the same year. Tentatively, expect the Taito Type X² release of KOF XII in June/July of 2008.

More information can be found here.

All we can say is...be prepared...to be amazed.

Video From The Show Floor - YouTube

Higher Quality Off Screen Video Provided By Yori
Direct Download (75.3MB - AVI)
Torrent Link

>> SNK-Capcom

Dali

Wark said:
I've been waiting so long to see how this game is gonna look. I can't wait.

You wanna know how it's going to look? I'll tell ya how it's gonna look: Fuckin' awesome. Yep no doubt about it. Even if Terry is going to be the happy-go-lucky young Fatal Fury version instead of the awesome grizzled Garou version.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
IzumiK said:
So no more 3D shit? Cuz I hated it when they said they were making KoF 3D shit.

Man, youre verbose :p

Looking forward to this! There have been NO screen leaks right? I really, really hope is something more than JUST KOF HD (maybe a slight change in art style would be welcome, I love how oooold school SNK had really innovative graphical features back in the day)

BTW is it forbidden for SNK to release a KOF that has a beatable final boss? I mean I understand "hard", but not "so amazingly cheap youll be dead in 2 hits LOL and the only way you can kill him is by being so cheap that even after you beat the boss youll feel dirty and/or not accomplished"

Not that Im bitter, but its really fucking annoying to play the entire game one way, and then all of a sudden having to resort to trying one tactic over and over in order to beat the cheap ass final KOF boss du jour. KOF is a great series, but that one aspect screams poor design choice and its sad that now its a staple. (btw my example of a good final boss fight would be Gill, from 2rd strike)

Dali said:
Even if Terry is going to be the happy-go-lucky young Fatal Fury version instead of the awesome grizzled Garou version.

Really? And here I thought SNK cared about timelines and shit, mmm...

Grimmy

Banned
Will Blue Mary be in it? Will she still say "You dance in the nude, partner? Unshoe the wonky wall! I'll show you."?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Grimmy said:
Will Blue Mary be in it? Will she still say "You dance in the nude, partner? Unshoe the wonky wall! I'll show you."?
I've seen the "Master Retard!" video and I will never look at Blue Mary the same way again! :lol

Anyways, if SNK Playmore ports KOF XII to the Xbox 360, I'll pick it up day one fo sho. Gotta support fighting games on the X360 every chance I get. :D

mollipen

Grimmy said:

"Watch your back, we multiply your flashlights... run with the pack, we're home to buy the trash, right?... dooooon... doon doon dooooon..."

$50 to anybody who figures out that reference.

I have to say, I'm not sure I've EVER wanted to see screenshots of something as I want to see screenshots of KOFXII.

Please don't disappoint SNK. This game needs a significant leap in visuals (And possibly some noticeable gameplay improvements. Not really, but I still hope) over KOFXI in order to gain any kind of hype.

TJ Spyke

Dizzan said:
What is AOU and when is GDC?

It stands for "All Nippon Amusement Machine Operators' Union". It's basically a showcase for the newest in stand up machine technology (not just arcade games).

GDC 2008 is February 18-22.

Ciel

The backgrounds must be insane. Maybe this game can make up for SFIVs direction. There's still room for hand-drawn 2D!!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Ciel said:
The backgrounds must be insane. Maybe this game can make up for SFIVs direction. There's still room for hand-drawn 2D!!

I dont think SF IV has to make up for ANYTHING, ill take something original anyday.

zalemale

Apparently Street Fighter IV is going to be playable there as well...

...gonna do my best to make it over there this weekend.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Raging Spaniard said:
Not that Im bitter, but its really fucking annoying to play the entire game one way, and then all of a sudden having to resort to trying one tactic over and over in order to beat the cheap ass final KOF boss du jour. KOF is a great series, but that one aspect screams poor design choice and its sad that now its a staple. (btw my example of a good final boss fight would be Gill, from 2rd strike)

It's not really poor design. In fact, it's a brilliant design... if you're looking to suck quarters.

Top Bottom