• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

maomaoIYP

Searched, lock if old.
XBL gold members should have seen this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=581137 by now and realized that Fable 3 is free.

I was browsing the marketplace just now and saw that it's part of the "Games with Gold" promotion. From 10th of June till 31st of December this year gold members get 2 games free. You've got to check back after 2 weeks into the month to download the second. Fable 3 is the 1st game for this month.

Hardly the promotion to beat out PS+'s free games every month without fail.

Alx

I downloaded Fable 3, didn't intend to buy it, but if it's free I can give it a try.
I wonder what the second game will be.
As for next month, I already own AC2 (although I may have gotten rid of the disk, maybe I should download it anyway :p), but will also give Halo 3 a try (it would be my first, I never got convinced by the demo/beta of the serie).

Satchel

Banned
If the games aren't rentals, then it technically beats Plus. Because you know, you're not renting the games, you actually own them.

maomaoIYP

Maybe because they have some new more refined model coming for the One?

I hope they do. I think it would be a terrible business decision not to, considering how much ps+ gives for less money. With the recent PS4 announcements I've already started questioning myself why I put myself through paying for XBL all these years, I certainly don't play much multiplayer anymore.

maomaoIYP

I just found another panel under "sales and special offers" that says 'Walking Dead free to Gold members.' I clicked on it and nothing happens though. The game in the XBLA section isn't free as well.

lucius

Well that's good I have the two upcoming games though, if they keep offering good ones I might get Gold again even though multiplayer does not mean much to me, they have to implement this with Xbox one though, seems pretty much their answer to Playstation Plus.

Lima

I just found another panel under "sales and special offers" that says 'Walking Dead free to Gold members.' I clicked on it and nothing happens though. The game in the XBLA section isn't free as well.

It was only the first episode that was free last week until today. Part of the Deal of the Week.

eggwolio

Is Halo 3 up for free yet? I was navigating the marketplace on the web and couldn't get it to show up free, but Fable III still is.

This is an awesome deal for people who don't have Gold currently but may have several 48hr trials still sitting unused in their games. Use your trial on the 15th, folks. Well, I guess awesome is relative. Old games are old.

quickwhips

The fact that you own the games even after gold ends is awesome. PSN should take note (thats the only thing that I don't like about PS+) . MS better take note and make this X1 feature for gold also.

Ghazi

I'm confused about this, I've seen it, but they said Assassins Creed 2 and Halo 3 would be the first games. Not Fable 3

This is an awesome deal for people who don't have Gold currently but may have several 48hr trials still sitting unused in their games. Use your trial on the 15th, folks. Well, I guess awesome is relative. Old games are old.

Trials don't work like that. You're not Gold, therefore you won't be able to download the games.

Another fail for MS imo. This sounded awesome until they announced it was only through the end of the year.

It's a test for driving subscriptions on 360, I'm sure they won't ditch it if they see a good bump.

Perhaps also getting some of the XBL general population to be comfortable downloading full games to set expectations for Xbone.

MS's big bet is on a 100% digital distribution future, thats what all these limitations are driving towards.

m23

I already have Crackdown but I hope this just further confirms Crackdown 3. I never played Dead Rising 2 so that's cool.

Top Bottom