• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: WWII |OT|- Boots on the ground once more, ladies and gentlemen

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Naaa it's not you, i go from being a MLG god to a hit marker MVP. It's random from day to day or time of day. It happens to me on Sledgehammer and infinity ward COD games. I never have a problem with Treyarch COD games. It's their net code or "server" location, who knows.
It's the P2P networking that's the problem. That coupled with the game connecting you to hosts who live god knows where.

Been playing COD since the very first game on PC but this will be my last one. Suck it Activision, you greedy cunts.

I own it on both and I have it maxed out on PC and I still think it looks better on the pro barring the checkerboarding artifacts. HDR makes such a huge difference.

How did you get HDR to work? It shows as locked for me. Every other HDR game has just...worked. Or at least tried.

Memnoch

Does War mode remind anyone else of a shittier Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory?
Yeah I'm just not digging it. The mp is just not fun for me, including war mode. Then I fired BF1 up on Conquest and the smile came back to my face. I think I'm done with ww2 mp.
The sp campaign is passable.
I regret spending 130 cad on this turkey.

IISANDERII

I too am getting a shit load of hit markers but am being killed by only a few shots . Really wierd. Must be my interweb connection?
Host advantage. It would be really unfair how the enemy can see me before I see them however once in a while I’d be the host and would absolutely dominate the match.

Anybody finding the aim assist window size being way too big? Like bigger than the player character, making it very difficult to aim? It was really annoying for me in the beta.

Catphish

I haven't been able to progress much in the campaign because I'm having way too much fun in multiplayer. I haven't enjoyed TDM this much since MW2, especially hardcore.

The only real complaints I have are the lack of maps (it seems like TDM cycles through the same 4 or 5), the compartmentalization of Carentan, and the uniform/weapon incest. I should not be using German weaponry if I'm playing as the Americans (and vice versa), and I shouldn't be able to wear an American-shaped helmet if I'm playing as the Germans. It makes for some really confusing moments on the battlefield.

Other than that, I love this game. No regrets buying the season pass whatsoever.

Ombra

Its not the setting thats the problem. Its activision and the set standard each developer has to crank out as the series continues to grow stale and behind its contemporaries.
I agree that its not the setting I have a feeling they banked on that being "enough" and really didn't innovative in any capacity. So they can't blame thr future setting as the issue, its clear what the problem is at this point.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Ok I'm genuinely curious as to what the fuck is going on. Why am I taking forever to kill people, yet I get killed in two or three hits?

This doesn't happen with any other shooter, and it's frustrating as hell.

Edit: Ahh, I see some are saying it's the P2P bullshit.

Ok I'm genuinely curious as to what the fuck is going on. Why am I taking forever to kill people, yet I get killed in two or three hits?

This doesn't happen with any other shooter, and it's frustrating as hell.

Edit: Ahh, I see some are saying it's the P2P bullshit.

Yep. Its the netcode they use. And they will never change it. :(

Playing the SP campaign right now. Man was the AA gun secition fucking frustrating, if you dont shoot the planes exactly as the game intends it just blows up.

Anyway, anyone else having problems with random lag/hitches on PC? The game runs at like 100 fps+ but it fucking lags anyway. I have the game installed on my SSD drive and it didnt make any difference, having the display output to native instead of 4K didnt make any difference as well.

Had the same shitty experience with Advanced Warfare which was the last CoD game i played. What is going on?

The other speccs are Core i7 4790K, Geforce GTX 1080, 16 GB DDR3 ram and am running the game at 1440p in 144Hz.

SammyTS

Banned
This game gets user scores of 3-4/10 and it deserves it. Nothing new, just a new paintjob on the old, stale 18 player bonanza. I remember 2007 when we had 54 player servers in CoD. Ever since the series has gotten worse and worse.

A bad game full of cheatware users and aimbots, not recommended. The only pro is black female nazis.

Starfield

Playing the SP campaign right now. Man was the AA gun secition fucking frustrating, if you dont shoot the planes exactly as the game intends it just blows up.

Anyway, anyone else having problems with random lag/hitches on PC? The game runs at like 100 fps+ but it fucking lags anyway. I have the game installed on my SSD drive and it didnt make any difference, having the display output to native instead of 4K didnt make any difference as well.

Had the same shitty experience with Advanced Warfare which was the last CoD game i played. What is going on?

The other speccs are Core i7 4790K, Geforce GTX 1080, 16 GB DDR3 ram and am running the game at 1440p in 144Hz.
1080, i7 4770k 16gb here

Have the same. Some weird stuttering and even freezes for like 1 sec. Really annoyibg tbh

Akaki

Neo Member
I usually don't really care about the campaign, however, do have fun with CoD's multiplayer from time to time.

I actually own BO3 Multiplayer when it went on Steam for much cheaper than the whole package.

The only thing I have to say that, I really hope they release a standalone package which only contains Multiplayer for $30. I believe folks like me who usually boot up MP from time to time would enjoy playing it.

Other than that, all I have to say is that I really have enjoyed beta for what it was ( the same old thing in "modernized" WW2 setting).

The campaign seems pretty same old boring as it has always been and will be for modern CoD.

Why are you all still here supporting the rapist admin?

Do you have proof of this?

Last I checked it was a he said she said story, and while guy here may have a shaky past, her story was changed twice, is inconsistent, left out an important post factor, and was deleted.

L Corleone

Neo Member
Really liking the MP. It's true classic COD, a fan service in my opinion that newer players may be adverse to.

The BAR needs to be nerfed, SMG's are outclassed in almost every way although the PPSH has its uses in some of the more close quarters maps. Grenades are strong. Killstreaks are weak.

This game gets user scores of 3-4/10 and it deserves it. Nothing new, just a new paintjob on the old, stale 18 player bonanza. I remember 2007 when we had 54 player servers in CoD. Ever since the series has gotten worse and worse.

A bad game full of cheatware users and aimbots, not recommended. The only pro is black female nazis.

Call of duty 2 in 2005 was the nuts. Then call of duty 3 in 2006 was epic. I loved it. I played some fantastic online matches in those days. For me it babe to closed corridor and will probably give this a miss for a bit.

blackanother

Neo Member
Does War mode remind anyone else of a shittier Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory?

This is absolutely it. A way shittier W:ET. The maps are so poorly designed and cater towards snipers/camping on D and throwing yourself at a wall on A. It's just not fun, and I'm not sure how anyone thinks it is.

Lucifon

Any word on opening back up Headquarters and fixing some of the issues? Also dedicated rather than every match being P2P?

Can't believe a AAA shooter of this sizeis running on P2P in 2017, complete madness.

I'm enjoying the game in general though, it's starting to 'click' with me online. SMGs are a lesson in frustration, definitely got hit too hard with the nerfs from the beta.

Plumpman

Campaign: Untouched
MP: Netcode, Servers, Maps, Not very fun
Zombies: Holy shit I've played so much zombies and its super fun!!

BondFancy

Based upon my impressions I’m pleasantly surprised about multiplayer, still like BO3 better, but this is a close second (when the servers actually work). The first day playing was nearly impossible to get into MP, however each day it has been getting better and better.

Even though WAR mode is a ripoff of Operations in BF, I still find it fun, a lot less sweaty then some of the other modes and the maps give you an opportunity to snipe and use LMGs while still being able to do well. Biggest complaint is no killstreaks, I understand why, but it would be nice to be rewarded for long killstreaks.

Overall, I am disappointed by the other game modes, there is no mode besides WAR where you can pile on a ton of kills each match. TDM at 75 Score is so dumb, and the DOM switching sides ruins the flow, I don’t want MLG friendly modes, it makes it sweaty.

Also, disappointed by both the strength of the killstreaks and how long it takes to get them, pretty much Ordinance basic training is required to actually get more than a UAV. I think the killstreaks should all be dropped by 50-100 points. Kill confirmed is by far the best normal mode on this game because it allows for a larger amount of kills and the ability to actually get enough points for bigger streaks.

All in all I’ve already sunk 20 hours in and haven’t touched zombies or single player. I will admit I started off not liking it, but after you learn the maps and the flow it plays very well.

P.S. MP40 & STG for life.

KiLLaDeZo

Im on the fence about getting this game, the comments about it not having many maps are not helping, I thought it comes with 12-13 maps?

I redboxed this over the weekend. I got to the second section in the campaign and I feel BF1 did a better job, story wise. This seems like reskin. No doubt it's apretty game but seems a bit boring. I played zombies a little. Nice little change up on that but I can wait for a good sale.

Im on the fence about getting this game, the comments about it not having many maps are not helping, I thought it comes with 12-13 maps?

Well 3 maps are war mode only so they will become very stale if that's the only thing you play. The rest are for the other modes but there so tiny and random. There's a map set on a London dock and one on a battleship deck. Like who seriously wants to fight in those locations when you think ww2.

Crew 511A

I believe it comes with 9. From what I've heard on YouTube, there are already more maps on the disc, they're just locked behind a DLC pay wall.

WaterAstro

Finished the first level... boy, this game is bad. Definitely don't feel it.

Awkward QTE sequence, first aid kit system sucks, and the drama feels so fake.

So there's no working matchmaking on PC or what?

All i have done in MP so far is dying since i am matched with people that are around... hmm 1000x my skill level so it's just Die Simulator 2017 for me.

My K/D is like 0.05.

Is the 4k xbox one x patch out??not showing for me and seeing reports of patch being out on the enhanced thread.

Started the campaign and really enjoying the return to old skool

BondFancy

These servers are rapidly approaching Big Lots server grade quality. Gets in game, finishes game, server disconnected. Rinse and repeat ad naueseam.

MrBlonde

Anyone's challenges not working? Most are but the weekly one where you have to win a match on all 9 modes is not working for me, it says I have 7/9 when I should have 8/9 and even checked my combat record and all I am missing is Free For All, seems like Hardpoint is gltiched for me so i went back and got a second win and same thing.

Also i got a quick match in today before work for the 20 objective win challenge, i won a Domination match but it still says ZERO for the challenge!!

Also any news on the Xbox X patch?

BondFancy

Anyone's challenges not working? Most are but the weekly one where you have to win a match on all 9 modes is not working for me, it says I have 7/9 when I should have 8/9 and even checked my combat record and all I am missing is Free For All, seems like Hardpoint is gltiched for me so i went back and got a second win and same thing.

Also i got a quick match in today before work for the 20 objective win challenge, i won a Domination match but it still says ZERO for the challenge!!

Also any news on the Xbox X patch?

I’m having the same issue for the 1 win hardpoint daily challenge.

Top Bottom