• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This worked once for me, actually.
I got to know all the 3DS games from Ubisoft before E3.
:D

LOL...don't Ubisoft have a reputation for leaking information they aren't supposed to?

So answer me this bgassassin;

Will the Wii U really show the scaleablity of game engines like UE3, Frostbite, CryEngine, etc? We always hear developers boast the scaleablithy of their engines, but in then end it always only applied to PC gaming. So in the cusp of Wii U and its competiton looming, do you see any particular engine leading the charge?

guek

Banned
New thread. New leaks. ;)

There's a leak you know of...and you're not spilling?

1117135_o.gif

at least tell us if it's a leak that gets you excited, sad, or neutral!

WillyFive

Lego City Stories sounds fun, but I wonder if it will feel like a "next-gen" game or just another lego game.

LEGO games had some of the best graphics I've seen on consoles this gen, so it should at least look good.

But I don't expect it to play too different though. TT have a formula they feel safe with.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Perhaps, but remember that unlike the previous TT LEGO games, this one doesn't have an established outside IP like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, and Batman.

LEGO City Stories is straight up vanilla LEGO. And it's not even one of the strongest LEGO IP's, like Ninja-Go or Bionicle (which ended a bunch of years ago).

It is an open-ended game aimed at everyone, developed by TT Games, and published by Nintendo themselves. While you have a point about there being no attached IP, I personally don't think they need one attached when you have a GTA Lego World where you can build, explore, and destroy anything you want. Just imagine being able to customize and build npcs, cars, planes, landscapes, buildings, etc. on the fly with the Wii U control. I don't see how the game won't sell a ton of copies.

LOL at NintendoGo already picking up Hero of Legend's post.

So answer me this bgassassin;

Will the Wii U really show the scaleablity of game engines like UE3, Frostbite, CryEngine, etc? We always hear developers boast the scaleablithy of their engines, but in then end it always only applied to PC gaming. So in the cusp of Wii U and its competiton looming, do you see any particular engine leading the charge?

Yes, but anyone that's been discussion the hardware since the other thread would have been able to answer the first question. And going strictly from articles UE4 would probably be that engine since that's one of the main things Epic has been promoting.

what did you spell exactly???

Seeing the actual dev kit.

You can at least tell us what it smells like.

Teen spirit

If you PM'd me all that you know, I wouldn't tell a soul. TRUST ME I'M FROM THE INTERNET.

AWESOME! You'll hear from me shortly.

*forgets to send one right after this post*

There's a leak you know of...and you're not spilling?

1117135_o.gif

at least tell us if it's a leak that gets you excited, sad, or neutral!

I don't know how people would take it.

guek

Banned

*puts on spectacles and reaches for a note pad and pen*

No, bgassassin, I want to know how it made you feel.

I get it though if you're actually privy to some real info and can't say a peep. That doesn't mean I'll forgive you though u_u

Log4Girlz

Teen spirit

AWESOME! You'll hear from me shortly.

*forgets to send one right after this post*

Seems you may have forgotten, here is your reminder :)

Would a Log lie? Of course not, I'm a secretive fellow, you can trust me :D

watershed

Banned
LEGO games had some of the best graphics I've seen on consoles this gen, so it should at least look good.

But I don't expect it to play too different though. TT have a formula they feel safe with.
I just keep imagining Lego GTA with destructable environments and a huge, beautiful open world. For a Nintendo console that would be enough to make me think "this is a next gen game".
It's being produced by Nintendo and it's not being made for every system out there.
It should be pretty awesome.

I don't think Nintendo has any hand in producing it.

Cosmozone

Heh, this Lego City Stories talk reminds me that there was an interview with a Lego Manager in my newspaper today. He mentioned that they're planning product lines targeted at grownups. No talk about software though IIRC.

guek

Banned
What if lego city stories turns out to be a minecraft clone but with preset worlds you can access for missions/etc...

You've played it? When? Impressions now and all that!!!

Back when it had a closed beta. So way back in 2010 I think. The quest and the world were fun, though there wasn't much to it at the time. I stopped playing because everytime I tried to make a house it never worked.
The quest were fun and the mini-games were fun too so add a GTA style to it and a good story you have a great game for all ages.

Can't say much because I stopped at level 15 or something.

watershed

Banned
Back when it had a closed beta. So way back in 2010 I think. The quest and the world were fun, though there wasn't much to it at the time. I stopped playing because everytime I tried to make a house it never worked.
The quest were fun and the mini-games were fun too so add a GTA style to it and a good story you have a great game for all ages.

Can't say much because I stopped at level 15 or something.

Cool, I didn't realize the game was already known back then. Hopefully all this time in the cooker means its awesome.

I like bgassassin one of my favourite GAF posters... but seriously if you know something spill it or be quiet... or go down the slope of BurntPork... forever alone

DarkWish

So I've been wondering... do you think Nintendo should only allow the use of a Wii Remote Plus (or Wii Remote with Wii MotionPlus)? If they did that, then that would get rid of most waggle involved in motion control and would set MotionPlus as the new standard. New console, new standard... and I'm sure many people already have access to MotionPlus anyways.

So what say ye Gaf... yay or nay?

I like bgassassin one of my favourite GAF posters... but seriously if you know something spill it or be quiet... or go down the slope of BurntPork... forever alone

Well I'm already forever alone so...

But yeah I already planned to go back to being quiet until there's something that can be shared.

Deguello

Well I'm already forever alone so...

But yeah I already planned to go back to being quiet until there's something that can be shared.

You can tell me. I'm relatively new here despite my register date. That means I can go back to lurking forever with the knowledge.

Nobody even knows me that well here! I'm the perfect receptacle for covert intelligence.

watershed

Banned
I just hope its fun and the controls are good. During that E3 demo the controls looked really wonky. Beyond that I'm not expecting it to be a graphical showstopper or a big seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom