• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey Preview Thread (9/20) Three kingdoms highlighted and MORE

ffdgh

From the previous thread:

DKK3uBFXcAAdE25.jpg

That's quite an upgrade for the eel.

Luigiv

Posted this in the other thread but I should probably reiterate here for those who'll miss it.

Did a quick pixel count on one screen and counted an internal resolution of 1600x900. of course since I only counted one screen, I have no idea if dynamic resolution scaling is used or not.

Edit: here's my count for the horizontal axis, if you're interested.

Ac30

Posted this in the other thread but I should probably reiterate here for those who'll miss it.

Did a quick pixel count on one screen and counted an internal resolution of 1600x900. of course since I only counted one screen, I have no idea if dynamic resolution scaling is used or not.

Thank God for the resolution bump, I can live with that at 60fps, thank you Nintendo

So this looks 720p.

With only a month left I doubt they could get it to 900. Slightly disappointing.

... look up:

Boke1879

That's quite an upgrade for the eel.

This is still going to make me uneasy.

One of my biggest things that scare me in video games and in real life for that matter are big open areas of water. And in video games having to swim in that. I'm always worried some big shark or some otherworldly creature will be there.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I think I'm going to go on blackout with this, which I rarely do ever.

Yea, me too. Think I'm gonna bail out of this thread now too. I'll be starting this on the 23rd of December (it's my designated Christmas game) so I'll have to be careful.

So this looks 720p.

With only a month left I doubt they could get it to 900. Slightly disappointing.

Looks like someone tested it earlier and came to the conclusion that it is already 900.

This is still going to make me uneasy.

One of my biggest things that scare me in video games and in real life for that matter are big open areas of water. And in video games having to swim in that. I'm always worried some big shark or some otherworldly creature will be there.

I was playing freedom cry the other day and those sharks were scaring the shit out of me lol.

It's totally the
Mushroom Kingdom
which we already know exists, but the question then is how much of
Mario 64
is actually recreated in that?

Imagine if it's not just
Peach's Castle, but also several of the worlds from 64 too...

There are Void levels which are similar to those pure platforming levels from Sunshine.
Wait whaaaa

Did Digital Foundry get a chance to take a look at this build? Interested to see if they managed to get the game up to 720p for release. Otherwise, everything about this game looks amazing!

Edit: I also wonder if the screenshot mode is nVidia's Ansel technology/software?

Bendo

Waypoint also wrote a great preview. I'm loving the comparisons to adventure games, sounds like Nintendo are absolutely knocking it out of the park on this one.

StereoVsn

Well, between this and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 I am getting a Switch. That will make it at least 4-5 games that I will want to get for the system.

From the Metro preview. oh shit

Not really a spoiler, but I'm gonna' tag it anyway.

"For each demo we had a Nintendo rep hovering over us, telling us when to stop and what we absolutely could not do or talk about. For example, portraits in each stage seem to work as quick portals between kingdoms, and one of them let us get a sneak peek at one that’s not yet announced. We can’t say what it is but it looks amazing, and will blow the minds of Super Mario 64 fans."

Give me this game.

Ughhhh

Did Digital Foundry get a chance to take a look at this build? Interested to see if they managed to get the game up to 720p for release. Otherwise, everything about this game looks amazing!

Edit: I also wonder if the screenshot mode is nVidia's Ansel technology/software?

It's 900p, see above. At the very least it reaches 900p, if it uses dynamic resolution.

Now that's what I'm talking about. It's not that exploration is bad, it's what this series needed too. It's that the rewards for exploration need to be awesome and not just a bunch of repetitive tasks. Finding a random door that takes you to an awesome platforming challenge is exactly what this game should be filled with. The platforming level is the reward for exploring.

Top Bottom