• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Mark Wahlberg: I want to be next Iron Man (Exclusive)

vader.jpg

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
If Downey Jr. has a contract for Avengers 3, we wont see another Tony Stark until 2019... Far enough time^^

I'm hoping they just kill off Tony Stark in Avengers 3. By Avengers 4, hopefully we'll have Spider-man and Wolverine integrated, and their star power/box office draw can carry without a new Tony.

Even if the comics weren't that good, I'd love to see Hollywood adaptations (improvements) on Civil War and Avengers vs. X-Men.

gerg

I'm hoping they just kill off Tony Stark in Avengers 3. By Avengers 4, hopefully we'll have Spider-man and Wolverine integrated, and their star power/box office draw can carry without a new Tony.

Even if the comics weren't that good, I'd love to see Hollywood adaptations (improvements) on Civil War and Avengers vs. X-Men.

The likelihood is that we'll never see the rights to X-Men revert to Marvel, and with the way things are looking Sony's ASM plans would have to completey go to hell for them to relinquish their Spider-Man rights.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

civil war was aight and ill take that just so i can hear one of my fav characters show up and put the beat down on Tony and crew.

Cheebo

Banned

Marvel doesn't own the rights to X-Men and Spider-Man. And Sony & Fox will never sell them to marvel, for each company they are some of their most important franchises they own.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
When it comes to reverting film rights back to Marvel, the Fantastic Four have a far better chance of finding their way back into Marvel's hands than the others. I'd be more excited to see the Fantastic Four, Surfer, Doom, and Galactus back in the hands of Marvel than Spidey and X-Men right now.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Marvel doesn't own the rights to X-Men and Spider-Man. And Sony & Fox will never sell them to marvel, for each company they are some of their most important franchises they own.

I know who owns which rights. I'm just hopeful that in 2022, the superhero revenue has dried up and the separate studios will finally cut a deal to allow select characters to cross over.

gerg

I know who owns which rights. I'm just hopeful that in 2022, the superhero revenue has dried up and the separate studios will finally cut a deal to allow select characters to cross over.

The Fox deal is that they retain the rights as long as they make a new film every seven years. Chances are they'll have those rights in perpetuity.

MechDX

Marvel_Knights.jpg

Just hit me: Marvel has all the rights back to the Knights characters. Why not do an R rated MCU just for them?

gerg

Talkin revenue split over here, not rights reverting.

Ah, sorry, didn't pay enough attention there. Still, I think there's as much reason to come to some kind of split-revenue deal now as there would be in 2022. I really don't see this situation coming about, and in many ways it works out better for us to have the rights split in this way.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/17...aptain-america-winter-soldier-skydiving.jhtml

Anthony Mackie talks about Captain America: The Winter Soldier and the Falcon:

"The Russos, what they did that was so great was, they wanted to stay with live action, which is a dying art form," Mackie said. "If they can build it, they built it. If we could do it, we did it. They wanted to do as little CGI as possible. That's why the movie looks so great."

"The thing about the Falcon is, he has three different incarnations throughout the course of his comic book life, and we went more with the latter of his story lines than the earlier stuff," he said. "I think Marvel kept introducing him because they realized the value of an African America superhero, and they wanted to get it right. He's more of tactical expert than a birdman from Harlem."

I'm really hyped for Cap 2 out of all the Phase 2 films, besides Avengers 2.

J10

Banned
Well, he fell off the Rainbow Bridge in Thor and was back for Avengers with very little exposition. I'm thinking he gets Mephistos role in Infinity Gauntlet when we get to Avengers 3

He was back in the post credits scene of Thor itself.

They could just use Mephisto for Mephisto's part. They have the Ghost Rider film rights.

DieH@rd

Banned
I really liked Thor 1. Such a great movie, and my mind was blown when they showed rainbow bridge made from crystals. I never thought Bifrost could be adapted into such shape. And at the end when Thor started to smash it, all the feeeeels.

Cant wait for Thor 2.

Salsa

hey man my thread was far from the closing limit

if people asked I could have just updated the OP accordingly, since most of what I made is here now.

but whatevs, MAHVEL

TDLink

hey man my thread was far from the closing limit

if people asked I could have just updated the OP accordingly, since most of what I made is here now.

but whatevs, MAHVEL

oh that's right people read updated OPs

pffft

dont really get the need for OT2

I agree with Salsa. I hate new threads when it's unnecessary.

I asked you a few times in the last topic (months apart) about thread updates and never got responses. After that last time (earlier this week) I decided to ask people if they wanted me to try making an updated one since you had seemingly abandoned it. I got some response so I decided to give it a go and made an updated topic.

Honestly, I don't care whether we continue to use this or go back to yours. I just want to talk about the MCU in a topic that is updated and kept current with the MCU. I am willing to keep it updated, you haven't been so far. If you want to start updating it though then I am more than happy to let you do it. I don't really care. I don't like opening a thread that is ridiculously outdated and doesn't even mention that GotG is an upcoming movie in the OP, that's all.

Mods can merge the threads if they want, like I said, I am not trying to start some war lol. I just wanted an updated place to talk about the MCU.

On Topic: I am more than happy with Pegg as Rocket if it comes down to that, though somehow i don't think that's happening. My guess is Pegg will have some sort of supporting role in Ant Man though.

does anyone have the full picture he is standing infront of?

But I'm really curious as to whether that is a hint (he's Pym) or
if that is a tease (he has a role in an upcoming Marvel movie).

TDLink

does anyone have the full picture he is standing infront of?

But I'm really curious as to whether that is a hint (he's Pym) or
if that is a tease (he has a role in an upcoming Marvel movie).

Well a couple of weeks ago Vin Diesel was standing in front of an Avengers picture and he has since been confirmed as voicing Groot, who isn't related to The Avengers at all.

So it probably just indicates he was at Marvel Studios. Considering he is best buds with Edgar Wright though I wouldn't really be surprised if he shows up in Ant Man somehow. I don't think he will be Pym.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom