• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT2| It's 98 All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeletos311

I need pieces of a shooting star for my final armor upgrade. I haven't seen a single shooting star in over 60 hours >.<

I've seen 2. I saw both from the Central Hyrule area. One landed in that area and the other landed in the West area of Hyrule. Both were at night too. So, I would recommend running around Hyrule at night and keeping an eye on the sky.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Should I get it digital or physical when my switch comes in the mail?

If Amazon still has the offer, they sell the physical version for $10 cheaper. Plus if you don't have any spare SD card for the system it could take up a good portion of the space on it. But I still went digital for the convenience.

Afrodium

Banned
The best thing about this game is that it will definitely influence game design in the coming years, and the interactivity and player agency offered by BotW is exactly what I want from the medium.

The Dink

I need pieces of a shooting star for my final armor upgrade. I haven't seen a single shooting star in over 60 hours >.<

This was me for the longest while. I'm up to seeing four shooting stars now though. Helps that I've been going to Lanaryu Mountain farming those one items. Also, if you're having no luck one of the stable quests has a kid that will give you a star fragment upon completion. Woodland Stable I think.

I assumed this OT would be super slow due to people not wanting to get spoiled to much. At least I'm not really posting or following it too closely because of that.

Skeletos311

My progress as of last night.

C6jccYVVAAAoicT.jpg

atr0cious

I'm 50 hours into this game and I've only just sniffed the story up until unlocking the slate with blue flame.After that I immediately ran back to the south and have started scouring the world by region, just looking for food and people to meet. It's really been amazing.

This is a small slice of the world and just one of many similar experiences of just looking for something and finding something better.

Slight location spoilers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78JQDk2UJRw

Forkball

I wanna say I'm really impressed at how good this game looks. The vivid colors, the lighting, the animation... while the art style was initially interesting to me, the previews made the game seem foggy and the textures were subpar. But seeing it in motion made me realize that the preview content doesn't stack up to what you experience first hand.

Ernest

Banned
What are the odds that they would update the U version and let you be able to use the tablet's touch-screen for inventory?

It would be so sweet to be able to just tap the touchscreen to pick a weapon instead of going through the menu, especially with how everything breaks so quickly.

psyfi

Banned
uhhh so anyone else getting a glitch with the Blood Moon?

Ill get the cutscene and the Blood moon disappears immediately. I haven't had a chance to fight/kill anything during blood moon time

Any fixes to this? gimme da loot!
Wait, what do you mean? Does something special happen when you fight enemies during the blood moon? I thought it just respawned enemies?

The best thing about this game is that it will definitely influence game design in the coming years, and the interactivity and player agency offered by BotW is exactly what I want from the medium.

I generally got the same feeling from MGSV. The difference is that BOTW has significantly more charisma permeating it's world.

Izayoi

Banned
My progress as of last night.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6jccYVVAAAoicT.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Why skimp on so much stamina when hearts are completely unnecessary? :x

Not to mention you get them for free after [spoiler]completing the dungeons[/spoiler].

Lots of stamina completely changes the way the game plays, in my experience. Gliding for DAYS.

sazzy

I just activated the Death Mountain tower, and just marveled at the scope of the game. Then flew down to the nearest stable to enjoy some folksy Epona tunes.

It captured the feeling of a single person facing incredible challenges and going on an epic quest really well.

Owensboro

I'm thoroughly in love with this game. Just checking the parental app I've played around 40 hours and only done one dungeon / main quest.... and I'm not upset about that in the least. Each hour I've spent exploring and really messing with the game's systems has been more fun than just doing a story, which is incredible. Can't wait to go on break and play for another 30 minutes. I got a volcano area to explore.

Should I get it digital or physical when my switch
comes in the mail?

There's really no difference. Do you want ease of access (digital) or the ability to re-sell to get cash back and/or display a box (physical).

Lots of stamina completely changes the way the game plays, in my experience. Gliding for DAYS.

God, that reminds me, I need to go
respec from hearts to stamina. I'd been stockpiling them to do one specific thing

Why is there just always one more thing to do in this game? I set the parental controls app to ring at me at 9:30 to try and remind myself I actually need to go to bed. I went to bed at 1AM after it ringed at me every 30 minutes, like a mother scolding her child. "Are you still playing? It's been 90 minutes since I told you to stop!" , "Ok, Mom, but I just need to do this one more thing..."

psyfi

Banned
I'm 50 hours into this game and I've only just sniffed the story up until unlocking the slate with blue flame.After that I immediately ran back to the south and have started scouring the world by region, just looking for food and people to meet. It's really been amazing.

This is a small slice of the world and just one of many similar experiences of just looking for something and finding something better.

Slight location spoilers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78JQDk2UJRw
Am I the only one who can't stand using the sheikah sensor? It was annoying me within seconds of watching this video, haha.

Skeletos311

You have a heart requirement to get the Master Sword and I really wanted it.

boxter432

is there any reason to light all torches with the blue flame? I think I have all the Akalla ones but may be missing some since they are on multiple paths. or are they just to help get you to the lab.

OT 2? Already?!?! Just ordered the game from Newegg 2 days ago, scheduled for delivery on monday but it possibly could be here tomorrow since it moved at 5:58 AM this morning (5 hours away in Minnesota from my house). I'm super excited to finally play a game on my switch and actually use it.

Had trouble getting the additional chest in a shrine and was wondering if anyone has any tips.

I forget the name of the shrine but the gist was
that there were these stone see-saws throughout the shrine, and you had to use stasis on them so you could traverse to different areas. Near the end there are two stone sea-saws next to each other, and a high ledge where a treasure chest is. I tried everything I could to use the sea-saws as a catapult to get me to the ledge, but nothing worked.
Does anyone know what I am talking about and what to do?

Horse tip below (no real story spoiler below):

So the
ice arrow
strategy on horse is pretty effective. Just need to go
behind them and spam A
. Feels kind of messed up but I want a faster horse dang it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom