• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed Most Wanted U |OT| Burned out, Upshift

There is a bug that prevents your mods from being saved on cars. All of the sudden I'll realize some or all of the mods on a car are reset to stock, even though I'm sure I had previously added some of them.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
...so much for definitive version visually. willing to bet that most of what they said was PR bullshit and that the only real improvements are the textures (thanks to the extra RAM).
You lost me there. How it this version not the definitive (console) one?

I won't race online (crappy satellite connection), but I do need people with 800k or greater Most Wanted scores to motivate me to raise my own score! Outside of Smiles, my friend's list seems to be slacking :p

NNID: Skiesofwonder

I only have 10 people playing out of my 100 friend's list and only about 4 of them are serious about challenging the SP ranks

when I get my new HD monitor today I'm going to try to get the tires that inflates I hate those Spike Strip these cops drop down - still learning how to corner a Bugatti without crashing last night I made a run at clearing the race list to get those tires but that hard Around the World race those tunnels always get me because I never hit the break I like just going full out it feels good when you can just fly by things you could crash on

does my Avatar show up in your game?
http://www.needforspeed.com/autolog/most-wanted
check this Origin stats to compare our match up it seems to have better details

I hate that it only shows Miis

fernoca

Guys...it Dorito Pope's "thing", don't mind him. :p

By the way, is there any "real way" to send friend requests? The ones I send through the Friends List are never seen by others and they have to add me so they can see me too.

Guys...it Dorito Pope's "thing", don't mind him. :p

By the way, is there any "real way" to send friend requests? The ones I send through the Friends List are never seen by others and they have to add me so they can see me too.

Use Miiverse-search-view profile-send request

Donnie

...so much for definitive version visually. willing to bet that most of what they said was PR bullshit and that the only real improvements are the textures (thanks to the extra RAM).

Just saying that it should have been trivial to upgrade the res by 8 pixels to 720p if the system was powerful enough.

Why would they upgrade the res by 8 pixels?, that wouldn't make it 720p and would be pointless. You maybe need to think before posting, as the rest of your argument makes no sense either. I mean Criterion have never claimed this version runs at a higher resolution. So the lack of a resolution upgrade shouldn't give anyone a reason to cast doubt over any of their claims of graphical upgrades.

burgerdog

BruiserBear is a beast! Slow down so I can beat some of your times :D Question, What's up with the Venom Most Wanted race? It's incredibly hard >.> Was it part of the speed pack dlc?

Why would they upgrade the res by 8 pixels?, that wouldn't make it 720p and would be pointless. You maybe need to think before posting, as the rest of your argument makes no sense either. I mean Criterion have never claimed this version runs at a higher resolution. So the lack of a resolution upgrade shouldn't give anyone a reason to cast doubt over any of their claims of graphical upgrades.
Those few pixels are the difference between sub-HD and 720p, it's a huge difference, almost game changing. The difference between current-gen and next-gen.

AdamMPSP

I already own the Vita and 360 version, but I'm this close to triple-dipping on the Wii U one (just got a Wii U about 6 days ago). Love this game.

I just compiled this list of everyone who has posted their NNID's in this thread:

Dead_Man_Typing
RipVanWinkle
KitschyKitty
BruiserBear
burgerdog
crmegabyte
4scarr
TheMainEvent
jodyanthony
frankie_baby
HeySeuss
Spiderduff
zaragoza
HyruleLegend
FrakEarth
puntervold
plufim
andthebeatgoeson
gamer1984
ReconPeon

I probably wont race online with people, but I need scores to attack.

Edit: Removed a name I'm not sure of and added ReconPeon. If anyone wants to add to this list, copy and paste and add your name.

Please add BlockheadBrown. :)

D-e-f-

Banned
Those few pixels are the difference between sub-HD and 720p, it's a huge difference, almost game changing. The difference between current-gen and next-gen.

drinking-strawst5pmd.jpg

Donnie

It isn't though, the difference between 1280x704 and 720p is around 20,500 pixels. Even that many extra is far from a game changer, it's a pretty small difference.

keakster

Ordered mine from the Steam sale, still waiting for it to arrive

May not be online too much, but looking to have scores to attack!
NNID: keakster

Right, the default controls are just fine, but after a bit of tinkering my competence has been vastly improved by using the right analogue to accelerate / brake.

I've got:

Handbrake - ZL
Horn - Right click
Change camera - A
Cam left - L
Cam right - R
Cam down - X
Swap car - Y
Nitrose - ZR
Skip music track - B

The only thing that is a bit funky is cam down - It doesn't seem to like to do it when I'm on the gas, and sometimes it turns to the back instead of instantly flicking there, but it's manageable.

Think I've just managed to hard lock it, yay! Im not missing out any more lol, Tried to use the post to miiverse bit and I'm playing on the gamepad, oh well hopefully it'll get patched

More positively just got well over 50k (nearer 60k) points from a police chase

D-e-f-

Banned
Think I've just managed to hard lock it, yay! Im not missing out any more lol, Tried to use the post to miiverse bit and I'm playing on the gamepad, oh well hopefully it'll get patched

More positively just got well over 50k (nearer 60k) points from a police chase

I'd assume that is related to the overall OS mess that will be (presumably) taken care of with the April update (and the Summer update).

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I just experienced a hard-lock in the middle of a 44k hot pursuit. I really enjoy Most Wanted U, but stuff like that makes me weary about playing sometimes. Oh well, switching to Lego City Undercover.

I only have 10 people playing out of my 100 friend's list and only about 4 of them are serious about challenging the SP ranks

when I get my new HD monitor today I'm going to try to get the tires that inflates I hate those Spike Strip these cops drop down - still learning how to corner a Bugatti without crashing last night I made a run at clearing the race list to get those tires but that hard Around the World race those tunnels always get me because I never hit the break I like just going full out it feels good when you can just fly by things you could crash on

does my Avatar show up in your game?
http://www.needforspeed.com/autolog/most-wanted
check this Origin stats to compare our match up it seems to have better details

I hate that it only shows Miis

I only see your Mii on the rankings, no avatar.

Yeah the Venom Most Wanted and Around The World races are some of the toughest. When you come out of those tunnels at high speed the sun blinds you and you can't see where you are going (which usually equals a crash into upcoming traffic or the median lol). I also have trouble with the speed runs.

I didn't know you could get spike-preventors for your tired, pretty cool.

dahuman

Neo Member
Please make available for mobile devices :). Can't watch thislink on my iPad.

interestingly, I can't do it in the advanced tab for some reason, it just says "No, this video should not be available on mobile phones and TV." lol?

update: it's the muse song, won't let me check the box because of it.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Ok, fuck Venom. That said, the game is absolutely sublime. Criterion did it once again.

I just experienced a hard-lock in the middle of a 44k hot pursuit. I really enjoy Most Wanted U, but stuff like that makes me weary about playing sometimes. Oh well, switching to Lego City Undercover.

I only see your Mii on the rankings, no avatar.

Yeah the Venom Most Wanted and Around The World races are some of the toughest. When you come out of those tunnels at high speed the sun blinds you and you can't see where you are going (which usually equals a crash into upcoming traffic or the median lol). I also have trouble with the speed runs.

I didn't know you could get spike-preventors for your tired, pretty cool.

yeah those tunnels are still on of my favorites

Police Spikes have lost many races for me
http://nfs.wikia.com/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_Most_Wanted_(2012)/Reinflate_Tyres

Reinflate pros are my goals for each car for use during races where police get in the mix

but I love off-road pros for everything else

SHarris78

As sson as the Network is back up, i will be going though everyone on here and sending friend requests.

Watched a friend playing this last night and it was awesome, which is weird as I found actually playing the game to be not that enjoyable. Hope to put some good playtime in today though, got to get me some of those billboards !!!

Jeppers, maybe I've been spolied by Forza: Horizon, but my first impression of this game isn't great. The IQ for starters is pretty bad - jaggies everywhere.

But the worst part of hte feel of the cars themselves, they all seem to feel exceedingly floaty, and I've I'm not crazy there seems to be some delayed response time in the controls. It's certainly no burnout paradise successor like somone's alluded too.

Off-TV play is amlost a no-go too if you want to win races, you can barely see most of the obstacles on the road infront of you until it's too late. A slightly higher camera angle and a bit more colour might have done it some good.

Top Bottom