• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ann Coulter has Twitter Meltdown over Delta Seat Assignment

Aaron

It may not make a difference to you, but if I paid $30 for a specific seat, I would expect that seat unless there was an actual reason beyond people wanting to sit together. They could have paid for seat selection themselves. Now, if I were asked instead of told to swap seats, I would strongly consider it. However, there should be no expectation that I move, and declining to move would not make me "a baby." I think adults can stand to not sit next to one another for a single flight.
But why would it make any difference to you at all? Why are you getting hung up on something that is completely trivial? Sure, they can stand to not sit next to each other for a single flight, but they would enjoy the flight more, and you're denying them that because you paid for number 14 instead of 18. Honestly, that's pretty shitty of you. Small petty acts (or inactions) like this make the world a more miserable place for everyone. At no cost of money or time to you, you could make the world a little better place, but won't because of how it's presented to you. This is why conservatives don't change. This egocentric pettiness means they only benefit others if they're somehow the center of the transaction. If they're not, they throw a tantrum. Like a baby Ann Coulter.

FyreWulff

It may not make a difference to you, but if I paid $30 for a specific seat, I would expect that seat unless there was an actual reason beyond people wanting to sit together. They could have paid for seat selection themselves. Now, if I were asked instead of told to swap seats, I would strongly consider it. However, there should be no expectation that I move, and declining to move would not make me "a baby." I think adults can stand to not sit next to one another for a single flight.

Again, some people do care and in fact may have paid extra for that particular seat. Saying you don't care isn't exactly relevant. I don't care about a lot of things.

The plane will get everyone to the destination at the same time. I've never had a problem with being moved by an attendant.

This all for a 30$ loss for a preferred seating, over a family situation, and according to normal procedures? She didn't even lose her flight x) And she has the gall to publicly meltdown over this pettiness?

Dhx

But why would it make any difference to you at all? Why are you getting hung up on something that is completely trivial? Sure, they can stand to not sit next to each other for a single flight, but they would enjoy the flight more, and you're denying them that because you paid for number 14 instead of 18. Honestly, that's pretty shitty of you. Small petty acts (or inactions) like this make the world a more miserable place for everyone. At no cost of money or time to you, you could make the world a little better place, but won't because of how it's presented to you. This is why conservatives don't change. This egocentric pettiness means they only benefit others if they're somehow the center of the transaction. If they're not, they throw a tantrum. Like a baby Ann Coulter.

Could you throw in another 4 or 5 logic leaps for effect? Make it clear that this is a parody post. I'm not hung up on anything other than having a discussion as to when an airline should forcibly move customers. But it seems you want to personalize this discussion. Did you miss the part where I said I would likely happily move? Take a step back and a deep breath.

Gaogaogao

This is 100% of Conservatives. They are incapable of feeling empathy until they personally go through something. Opposed to gay marriage until their kid comes out. Opposed to welfare until they lose their job. Opposed to regulation until they personally suffer a hardship. They're unimaginative hypocrites who cannot fathom how situations affect other people until they personally experience it, and since they live under the idiotic assumption that nothing in their life will EVER change, they oppose EVERYTHING. I am so done with sympathy for these pathetic snowflakes. Fuck Ann Coulter and every dumb piece of shit that follows Ann Coulter.

Just because you like free markets doesn't mean you have to like every decision a private actor makes. Similarly being a communist doesn't mean you have to support every action of the state.

danm999

Again, some people do care and in fact may have paid extra for that particular seat.

I specifically said so long as you're not being downgraded.

Saying you don't care isn't exactly relevant. I don't care about a lot of things.

Uh

Would you say the same if you were all cozy in an aisle seat, and I wanted to sit by my friend next to you, proceeded to ask a friendly attendant if he would move you, and then that attendant abided?

It's the question you asked

Gattsu25

Banned
This is 100% of Conservatives. They are incapable of feeling empathy until they personally go through something. Opposed to gay marriage until their kid comes out. Opposed to welfare until they lose their job. Opposed to regulation until they personally suffer a hardship. They're unimaginative hypocrites who cannot fathom how situations affect other people until they personally experience it, and since they live under the idiotic assumption that nothing in their life will EVER change, they oppose EVERYTHING. I am so done with sympathy for these pathetic snowflakes. Fuck Ann Coulter and every dumb piece of shit that follows Ann Coulter.
💯

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/886828096887848960

Looks like she is still on this, she just tweeted this in the last hour. She is still posting photos of this woman and her family. If the woman does not want her picture taken and/or posted on social media does she have some sort of recourse?

Yeahhhhhh holy shit I take back my initial post 100%. I thought it was just 2 tweets but it's 32 and now this?! That's a full-blown meltdown all right. What a deplorable shitstain.

JettDash

I hope someone at Delta knew who she was and gave her seat away to fuck with her. Amazing real life troll if so.

Just amazing how she blew up over a seat she paid $30 extra for. She's acting like she bought a first class ticket but they made her sit all the way in the back of the plane.

The bitch literally agreed that "seat assignments...are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. Delta may ...change seat assignments...at any time" when she bought the ticket.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Is she still dating JJ?

giphy.gif

Name one conservative who has actually gone through such a change. Just one.

Glenn Beck. I'm not a conservative or would I defend them but of course some people can change. Glenn Beck went as far as to appear with Sam Bee's show and ask for forgiveness for years of slander and bullshit. He's even against Trump!

what's funny is that this could of literally been anyone else except maybe sean hannity and they would have sided with their hatred of big corporate airlines but it was ann coulter so people are on delta's side lmao. people hate her more than flying.

Glenn Beck. I'm not a conservative or would I defend them but of course some people can change. Glenn Beck went as far as to appear with Sam Bee's show and ask for forgiveness for years of slander and bullshit. He's even against Trump!

Ha ha ha Glenn Beck hasn't changed... he still runs the bloody Blaze. He still is happy to have Gorsuchon the bench.

JettDash

I would have thought that being a right wing troll/author/speaker pays well enough to afford first class instead of a good seat in coach that you may not actually get.

MIMIC

Banned
If I knew Ann Coulter was on my plane, I would immediately want off. The smell of sulfur makes me nauseous.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I'm really enjoying how the left is trying to co-opt the term snowflake, as if 98% of the world isn't always going to associate the term with liberals. I applaud the effort, at least.

So in other words, you don't understand the context it being used by a liberal in situations like this. And also managed to throw out a hilariously nonsense statistic on top of it.

Good stuff.

PopeReal

So in other words, you don't understand the context it being used by a liberal in situations like this. And also managed to throw out a hilariously nonsense statistic on top of it.

Good stuff.

Numbers don't mean much to Trump and the right. Just grab one out of thin air.

LiK

If this happened to anyone else, she would've told people to get over it. I loved how Delta Twitter actually replied and scolded her for her comments about the customers and staff.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Just because you like free markets doesn't mean you have to like every decision a private actor makes. Similarly being a communist doesn't mean you have to support every action of the state.

For the thousandth time, imagine if instead of Coulter making this complaint, it was any non-rightwinger. Do you seriously think Coulter would come to their defense?

This isn't that hard, people.

Link

The Autumn Wind
She should have bootstrapped harder to afford a first class seat, or even to charter her own plane. Then she could have avoided all of this trouble. Stay losing, Coulter.

Lesath

But rather than vilifying half a nation, perhaps trying to understand them might have prevented the loss in the first place? (I.e. Trump support in Midwest over job concerns)

It also helps foster debate and change, rather than the continual decline toward echo chambers.

I want to understand, I really do, but then I remembered that they chose to throw basic decency towards women, racial and religious minorities, and the handicapped out window and stick it to those Wall St./Hollywood liberals by electing an old deranged pervert who promised to resurrect dying industries that even the free market doesn't want and drain the swamp by filling it to the brim with the absolute worst America has to offer.

Fuck them. The only people I feel sorry for are those who have to live with these morons.

Rookje

Whether you disagree with Coulter's politics or not, she's not in the wrong here.

TLDR:

- Coulter books special seat for $30
- Airlines gives it to someone else
- Coulter has a meltdown

Sure, maybe her meltdown is childish but if you pay for a premium seat, you should get that seat. They could of asked her nicely if she wouldn't mind sitting somewhere else because of some family reason, but they didn't.

Its like when I pre-pay for theater seats, show up and someone is sitting in them. I don't care if you're the queen of England, GTFO.

Top Bottom