• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A homeless guy stole my clothes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I’ll never donate money or food to homeless people again.

Last night, I entered the complex laundry area to wash my colors, when I noticed a foul and unkempt stranger lurking in the room. He had his garbage, clothes, and a sleeping bag scattered all over the floor, and I surmised he was going to use the laundry room area as his shelter for the night. It was cold and windy in the DC area last night, so I couldn’t blame the bum. He gestured me into the room to continue on with my business and apologized for his intruding presence.

Anyway, I had extra quarters in my pocket, so I handed the drunken animal $.50 and jokingly told him that I was paying him to watch my clothes. I should have suspected something was wrong when he didn’t laugh at that, but I left the laundry room area and the vagrant in there.

When I returned to my apartment, I immediately called the leasing office and informed them about the homeless trespasser lurking in the laundry room area. They told me that they couldn’t do anything and that I should contact the police. I was surprised and outraged --- they should have sent someone to cast the bum out.

After 30 minutes, I returned to the laundry room to find that homeless piece of shit and my clothes gone. The bastard didn’t even wait for me to dump my clothes into the dryer before taking my shit. So the trifling goon grabbed my stuff while they were still wet and bolted.

I looked outside and he was nowhere around. I jumped into my car and launched an hour manhunt for the asshole, but I couldn’t find him. I returned home and called the leasing office again, threatening to sue them but they seemed more impressed about what happened than any of the threats I lobbed at them.

I don't know what else to do.

What the homeless guy stole:

Boxer briefs
Dress socks
2 gym shorts
Alma mater sweat shirt
A few tank tops
Shower towel
A couple of t-shirts

Can I sue the apartment?

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Why on Earth would you leave your laundry unattended with a homeless guy?

I guess I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. I saw he was trying to sleep in there, so I figured he wasn't going anywhere. It doesn't make sense for him to go back out in the cold, with WET clothes. I don't know what he was thinking.

DustinC

NintendosBooger said:
Anyway, I had extra quarters in my pocket, so I handed the drunken animal $.50 and jokingly told him that I was paying him to watch my clothes.

Technically he's still watching them. Sounds like you owe the dude some overtime now.

diunxx

NintendosBooger said:
AI returned home and called the leasing office again, threatening to sue them

Why the hell would you sue them? you where the one that leave your clothes alone with a homeless stranger.

Tarazet

NintendosBooger said:
I guess I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. I saw he was trying to sleep in there, so I figured he wasn't going anywhere. It doesn't make sense for him to go back out in the cold, with WET clothes. I don't know what he was thinking.

Dude. How do you think they get those shopping carts full of clothes?

one bad experience and you stereotype all...

When I was in Canada, I left my mini disc on a park bench, walking away a homeless guy on a bike nipped passed me and must have snagged it...

I got it back on insurance though...sadly I bought a creative mp3 player $%%^&%^

That's pretty awesome. You acted nice to the guy while you were going to go tell on him and get him kicked out of the building and he jacked your shit. Well played by the homeless man.

P.S. Seriously, you trusted a homeless person to watch your laundry? How could you not see this coming?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah, go ahead and sue them. It's their fault your shit was stolen. Oy.

If i was a mod, i'd give you a week ban for being an idiot. Surely that's against the TOS.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Ahah.jpg

bud

NintendosBooger said:
Anyway, I had extra quarters in my pocket, so I handed the drunken animal $.50 and jokingly told him that I was paying him to watch my clothes. I should have suspected something was wrong when he didn’t laugh at that, but I left the laundry room area and the vagrant in there.

you were being a fucking dick. no wonder he stole your clothes.

Askani

This will make a great story to tell at the snow lodge when the executives you work for are taking you on ski trips.

EDIT :::::

fallengorn said:
At least you have an excuse for not going in casual this friday.

YES! :lol :lol

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
:lol:lol:lol

NintendosBooger threads are always hilarious backfires.

Also, you fail for leaving a fuckin' bum alone with your shit. Not the type of intelligence one would expect from a hotshot executive that goes on ski trips with CEOs.

Kauza

Makes me glad that my apartment complex has a lock on the laundry room door.

Anyway, at least you didn't lose a ton of expensive shit. Could always be worse!

so_awes

Banned
Mistouze said:
Ahah.jpg

Dr. Strangelove said:
:lol:lol:lol

NintendosBooger threads are always hilarious backfires.

Also, you fail for leaving a fuckin' bum alone with your shit. Not the type of intelligence one would expect from a hotshot executive that goes on ski trips with CEOs.
he probably made that up.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
nastynate409 said:
Please do try and sue your apartment complex. I want to hear how this meeting turns out.
Me too! :lol

fallengorn said:
At least you have an excuse for not going in casual this friday.
:lol :lol

Boogers, did you go on your ski trip yet?

:lol :lol

Wait, hold the phone.

You're a prick.
I would have stole your clothes too.

Did he ask for money before you offered? I know that seems like a small detail but you'd be surprised what people get upset over. Also, were you outwardly condescending to him, or are you just being that way here? Either of these things would have made me do something to your clothes if I were said homeless man. Although I probably would have shit in the washer and let it spread all over your stuff during the cycle.

Blackface

Banned
Who cares? You were acting like a dick and he needed clothes.

You were lucky he didn't murder you and stuff you in one of the dryers. Thats what I would have done.

jorma

is now taking requests
It's great when being a dick leads to cashing in some sweet poetic justice. Isn't that common.

joeblackisback said:
Did he ask for money before you offered? I know that seems like a small detail but you'd be surprised what people get upset over. Also, were you outwardly condescending to him, or are you just being that way here? Either of these things would have made me do something to your clothes if I were said homeless man. Although I probably would have shit in the washer and let it spread all over your stuff during the cycle.

I give homeless people money almost all the time, especially when I have some loose change in my pocket. I just handed it to him and made that dumb joke to break the ice, since my initial reaction to seeing him there wasn't all that warm.

Threi said:
:lol :lol :lol you fucking idiot

Why?

I needed to do my colors that night before work the next day. Had I not left my clothes in the room and contacted the leasing office, they wouldn't have done anything so he'd still be there. I took a chance, being a nice guy, and it backfired. I can accept that. Sometimes foul stuff happens to good people, doesn't make them idiots.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
NintendosBooger said:
I give homeless people money almost all the time, especially when I have some loose change in my pocket. I just handed it to him and made that dumb joke to break the ice, since my initial reaction to seeing him there wasn't all that warm.

That's great and all... but you left your laundry unattended. I'll never freaking understand when people do that. I see it all the time. You leave it and you're SHOCKED, SHOCKED I SAY, when it's gone?

Give me a break man. He was probably like "50 cents, AWESOME... THANKS DUDE... now I'll steal your shit for giving me such little money"

jorma

is now taking requests
NintendosBooger said:
Why?

I needed to do my colors that night before work the next day. Had I not left my clothes in the room and contacted the leasing office, they wouldn't have done anything so he'd still be there. I took a chance, being a nice guy, and it backfired. I can accept that. Sometimes foul stuff happens to good people, doesn't make them idiots.

Uhm i must have missed the part in the OP where you were being a "nice guy". Care to give me some pointers?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
zoku88 said:
A non homeless person stole my clothes.

I'm never helping a non-homeless person again.
Somebody stole an ipod out of my car, I'm never helping anyone again. Can I sue the parking lot?

Threi

notag
NintendosBooger said:
Why?

YOU CALLED A HOMELESS MAN A DRUNKEN ANIMAL

X26

Banned
Remidns me off that scene in Dumb and Dumber where Harry asked the old lady to watch his stuff, insulted her, and came back and his shit and the lady was gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom