• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls internal rendering resolution fix (DSfix)

Set it to 2560x1600 in the config

This is the result;

1qokjd.png

Awww

Turn off the in-game anti-aliasing.

data2012-08-2401-39-4khdcy.jpg

Dem 1080ps.

Mabase

Hell, From should give you a cut from the money they will now make ... the statistics will now get lost in the launch, if you had released it a few days down the line I'm sure the spike in sales would have been palpable.

Anyway, great job!

Deepo

Hmm, It seems there might be some trouble with the messages on the floor. There is no visible text. Anyone else?

bitoriginal

Been following this for the last couple of hours. I dont own a PC or anything but great work. Game really did look like shit before. Such a shame they released it looking like that. Now you guys can enjoy a spectacular game.

Durante, you are amazing. The comparison screenshots tell the tale like no other. Fantastic work and I can't wait to see what else you've got in store for the PC community!

JordanKZ

I'm afraid it looks like the patch doesn't work on Windows 8 on my GTX 660ti. It loads and then simply crashes:

===== Thu Aug 23 23:43:07 2012 =====
===== start
= settings: 1920 x 1080, logLevel 1
CreateDevice ------
- Backbuffer(s): 1920 x 1080 D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8 *1
- PresentationInterval: 2147483648 Windowed: true Refresh: 0 Hz
===== Thu Aug 23 23:43:22 2012 =====
===== start
= settings: 1920 x 1080, logLevel 1
CreateDevice ------
- Backbuffer(s): 1920 x 1080 D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8 *1
- PresentationInterval: 2147483648 Windowed: true Refresh: 0 Hz

Put some google ads on that page, asap.

Yeah dude for real, you deserve it. You are gonna get hammered with traffic, especially with the gaming sites taking their rounds at this.

Durante, would you be ok with me making a video spotlighting your work? I sent ya a PM, but no doubt you've been super busy lately =)

b33r

GAF is blocked at my work, saw this unfold through reddit. Good job Durante, you are a hero. Proud of GAF today.

antitrop

Holy... shit... the resolution patch makes such a huge difference I'm almost speechless. Such great work, man! Thank you!

Deepo

Here you can see that text seems to be missing on the floor messages. Can anyone confirm this? Durante?

Edit: And thank you for the fix by the way, in case I came across as ungrateful here! Donated a princely sum earlier :D

Tag this man! Here are my favorites from early in the thread (not my ideas):

Durante
does what FROM don't
(Today, 06:42 PM)

Durante
I'll take it FROM here
(Today, 06:42 PM)

I think more direct is best, so not to understate the achievement.

Durante
I single-handedly made Dark Souls a better game.
(Today, 06:42 PM)[/QUOTE]

or even

Durante
It took me a mere twenty-three (23) minutes to do what FROM Software couldn't do in a year.
(Today, 06:42 PM)[/QUOTE]

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
The fix works with AA off. FPS is still very inconsistent.....

25fps here

data2012-08-2319-45-5vusaw.png

25-30fps here

data2012-08-2319-46-2d7s70.png

15fps here

data2012-08-2319-47-32msv3.png

Feels like I'm playing Hexen in a way. I mean this is garbage optimization. It's 30 but has drops a lot. And stays that way. I mean, look at the game. This is not a graphical showcase.

Varna

Once again Durante, THANK YOU.

renderWidth 2880
renderHeight 1620
logLevel 1

Is what I am using for my 1080p monitor and everything looks crisp and very little aliasing.

Top Bottom