• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In this thread I describe the Biohazard 5 DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvxfreak

I have the DVD and am watching it now.

"Ever since the dawn of time,
the most primordial human emotion has been...
FEAR"

The DVD starts with footage of the original RE, where the original nightmare started as Chris and Jill try to escape the mansion.
In RE2, the battle against Umbrella unfolded as Raccoon City died.
In 3, an incessant hunter pursued Jill Valentine.
In the deserted island of Rockfort, more mysteries unfolded in CODE: Veronica.
Convict Billy Coen was an unexpected ally in Zero.
And in a village infected with madness, Leon rescued the president's daughter in 4...

The series was introduced in 1996 and broke sales records.

Now a new game is coming... Biohazard 5.

Takeuchi Interview (very rough/basic translation)

Footage of the devs examining Chris' Biohazard 5 character model on a PC. The original Biohazard was developed on older hardware, but in 5, the hardware allows for the character models to be adapted to various situations.

There were various teams that could make the game at the beginning.
Africa confirmed - Or, at the very least, the village is modeled after an African village
Sunlight will be a focus of the game to achieve a new kind of feel not done before.

Chris at first can walk around the village with no one attacking him, but he sees two people attacking another and dragging the guy into the room. Chris follows in, and the action starts after the mutation.

More footage of Chris fighting the ganados. So far, it's very similar to RE4.

5's System
Shinji Mikami's Biohazard 4 is the base for the system, with evolutions and improvements planned.

Chris Redfield
Takeuchi was a staff member of the original Biohazard, of which Chris was a star of. 5 takes place 10 years after the original RE, and Chris has a new mission.

Weapon Variation
Chris is up against a huge number of enemies. The game will have variation in weapons including series classics like the Handgun and Shotgun and such. The footage shows the developers examining a handgun character model.

Fight Elements
The game will make use of the action buttons (QTEs) from Biohazard 4 once again.

Message to the Fans
Fans have eagerly awaited prior titles and now await Biohazard 5. Capcom's working hard on the game's unexpected graphics, system and story. The Biohazard series has taken on various forms in its history. Presently a CG movie is also in works (Biohazard Degeneration) and that will be shown as well. There is a lot to look forward to in the Biohazard world this year. We will delve down into the story and characters of the Biohazard series, and thus this year will be filled with Biohazard. Please look forward to more information on the title this year.

Final World from Mr. Takeuchi

WAIT FOR THE MEDIA SUMMIT

Again, this is a rough, incomplete and basic translation/interpretation of the video. My Japanese isn't good enough to do a comprehensive translation. I'll watch the video numerous times and see if I missed any important information. But you probably won't have to wait too long for more accurate information to come out, so please be patient. :)

Watch the DVD faster!!!

:p

OMG!

2002596221412125472_rs.jpg

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Mr. Spinnington said:
So.... not as exciting as Persona 4 DVD?
Well obviously 45 seconds of off-screen footage doesn't compare to a 17 minute trailer but still, NEW RE5 FOOTAGE! :D

jj984jj

Kagari said:
No new trailer? Disappointmentton imminent.
From Mark in the other thread:
MarkMacD said:
UPDATE: there are indeed a few bits of the game being played on a 360 debug spaced throughout the interview with takeuchi (maybe like 45 seconds total of different things) -- it is off-screen and it looks fucking kick ass.

Those who said the game wouldn't look as good as that first video, prepare to eat crow.

Ripping now, should be up on gamevideos shortly....
45 seconds!!! :D

Lightning

Banned
Thanks for the info.

RE5 has just been erased from my interest list. I have no interest in RE4.5 in HD featuring Chris...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Lightning said:
Thanks for the info.

RE5 has just been erased from my interest list. I have no interest in RE4.5 in HD featuring Chris...
attention20whore3lm9.jpg

jj984jj

cvxfreak said:
In case you miss the OP, the Media Summit (whatever that is) is what Takeuchi wants us to wait for. New info then!
They don't even hint at what it is or when it takes place? :(

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
cvxfreak said:
Please look forward to more information on the title this year.
Stealth '09 confirmation!!!?

I'm not being alarmist, you are.

Sectus

cvxfreak said:
Fight Elements
The game will make use of the action buttons from Biohazard 4 once again.
Hmm, what does this mean? QTEs or the combat moves you could perform on stunned opponents?
(please let there be no QTEs, please let there be no QTEs, please let there be no QTEs)

cvxfreak

There's also a Biohazard 0 (Wii) trailer on the DVD, using footage we've all seen before. The convict Billy, the T-Virus infection... looks great for Wii game. :D

The game can be controlled completely with the Wii Remote... and Capcom still won't tell us how.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Sectus said:
Hmm, what does this mean? QTEs or the combat moves you could perform on stunned opponents?
(please let there be no QTEs, please let there be no QTEs, please let there be no QTEs)
I <3 RE4's QTEs, I hope they return honestly.

jett

D-Member
marvelharvey said:
Improving upon RE4? That's like trying to add 1 to infinity.

There's much to me improved about RE4. The only difference so far that I've seen is that Chris has some sort of dodge move

cvxfreak said:
There's also a Biohazard 0 (Wii) trailer on the DVD, using footage we've all seen before. The convict Billy, the T-Virus infection... looks great for Wii game. :D

Uh isn't it a straight cube port with CG backgrounds and shit?

marvelharvey said:
Improving upon RE4? That's like trying to add 1 to infinity.

Well one obvious way they could improve it is to actually allow you to move and shoot at the same time. Considering all the enemies on screen now that seems like an obvious addition.

cvxfreak said:

The game can be controlled completely with the Wii Remote... and Capcom still won't tell us how.

I just thought of a way... sideways wiimote could work.

YYZ

Sectus said:
cutscenes are inevitable so might as well make them interactive.

Lightning

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Well one obvious way they could improve it is to actually allow you to move and shoot at the same time. Considering all the enemies on screen now that seems like an obvious addition.
Basically turning Resident Evil into a run and gun shooter? I really hope Ganado's and this stupid plaga is not the focus of the game or the enemies will suck, just like they sucked in RE4.

When you compare the atmosphere, ammo conservation, health planning etc.. that went into REmake and compare it to RE4 where they gave you ample of everything to just blast everything you see it's quite depressing to see the series heading down that track...

jett

D-Member
Lightning said:
When you compare the atmosphere, ammo conservation, health planning etc.. that went into REmake and compare it to RE4 where they gave you ample of everything to just blast everything you see it's quite depressing to see the series heading down that track...

Oh man thank the fucking gods that you're in the minority.

Lightning said:
Basically turning Resident Evil into a run and gun shooter? I really hope Ganado's and this stupid plaga is not the focus of the game or the enemies will suck, just like they sucked in RE4.

facepalm.gif

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Lightning said:

------------------------->
There's the door. We don't want your kind in here.

;)

Yoboman

SolidSnakex said:
They need to add God Hand's right-stick movements

Momar

aka Ryder
Lightning said:
Thanks for the info.

Are you kidding me? That sounds fucking awesome even when you try to slander it! :lol

Aggelos

Somebody has to rip the DVD and post it - if it is not prohibited of course-
We need to see that interview!

cvxfreak

I'm on a MacBook Air, I can't rip it myself. :D

However MarkMacD mentioned uploading it in the other thread, so please wait patiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom