• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vehicle plows into counter protesters in Charlottesville

Azuran

Banned
I patiently await all the insane reasoning from Republicans about how this isn't terrorism because a Muslim person didn't do it.

StoneFox

Holy shit, I didn't think it would be that bad. How could someone knowingly ram people at high speed like that? Horrifying.

Fushin

With the car that damaged it's only a matter of time before they have the vehicle. Virginia State Police are quick to get you for a tag light, he's missing a front bumper.

So when islamic extremists ram people with cars and trucks, it's terrorism (which it is), when the alt-reich do it it's... let's see how they try and spin it. They're filth.

When it happens with Islam, it's a systemic issue.

When it happens here, it'll be written off as "one man who is not representative of the movement"

Belfast

So when islamic extremists ram people with cars and trucks, it's terrorism (which it is), when the alt-reich do it it's... let's see how they try and spin it. They're filth.

Judging by some of the twitter comments, "the guy taking the video is making a lot of assumptions, how do we know it wasn't just a car accident?"

M.J. Doja

Banned
No... Hope everybody is alive. Won't be watching video, but please let this fucking terrorist be caught and made an example of.

Edit: feeling sick and close to tears from this kinda shit. I'm scared. This world needs so much healing.

sirap

Mental health, troubled teen, disturbed lone wolf...anything but terrorist

Savitar

Anyone got that sketch of a Taliban member and a Racist American and you got to ID who owns what with their belongings. You know, the rifle, little black book and the other item.

What was the car? Video guy said it might be a mustang but looked more like a Charger or Camaro to me. Gray with blacked out windows. Pretty distinctive vehicle. Any word on a. License plate, or a stop?

It's a modified Dodge Challenger

terroristfqsxa.png

9703f0a66f6fdc59c66b1efs6w.jpg

NimbusD

I patiently await all the insane reasoning from Republicans about how this isn't terrorism because a Muslim person didn't do it.
I expect normal republicans to denounce it because it's pretty indefensible. Then you've got the fucking crazies who at best will pay lip service to de escalating violence but say on all sides and not call out white nationalist by name.

DarkKyo

Mental health, troubled teen, disturbed lone wolf...anything but terrorist

Republicans having to label this terrorism would call into question Republican teachings and propaganda. Of course they'll spin it away from having to do anything with their wretched beliefs.

Trump & Ryan are purposely being vague in their online statements which in turn is causing people to think they're speaking against the anti-fascists.

Owari

Trump & Ryan are purposely being vague in their online statements which in turn is causing people to think they're speaking against the anti-fascists.
Precisely. What a complete and total cluster fuck. It only took 7 months for the country to completely lose its shit. Disgraceful.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I expect normal republicans to denounce it because it's pretty indefensible. Then you've got the fucking crazies who at best will pay lip service to de escalating violence but say on all sides and not call out white nationalist by name.
Republicans having to label this terrorism would call into question Republican teachings and propaganda. Of course they'll spin it away from having to do anything with their wretched beliefs.
CNN already had Jack Kingston on blaming Democrats and asking how come they weren't on site. I'm just leaving it on MSNBC now. Fuck that garbage network.

It's a modified Dodge Challenger

terroristfqsxa.png

Jesus Christ that car! Any people still think that the chaotic aftermath of Trump's election would just be hyperbole? Because this looks like a nation more heated and ready to fight itself than last year. Is the front of that car making America 'great' again?

WedgeX

Banned
All these people and not one fucking gun to to shoot this asshole? What were the cops doing?

There were people surrounding the car at near all times. Trying to shoot that car has a better chance, unfortunately, of hurting or killing more innocent people than actually getting the car.

A good question about where the authorities are, with the emergency declared.

hopefully the car will be intercepted swiftly, with the driver arrested

for sure they are going to put out an APB on that vehicle with that damage match

Top Bottom