• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Paper Mario Wii U in development (Intelligent Systems)

Nibel

nIJ4BAu.jpg

ldwRuEa.jpg

NOTE: This image is supposed to be a proof that the person mentioned below was at the place mentioned below.

So apparently some Intelligent Systems employee mentioned this to half a dozen people at a job expo booth? I'd be great if some of the resident Japanese speakers could translate.
Also a reminder: no idea if this means a new game or a possible remaster.

352 2015/05/09 18:29:24 PJkrg1Bv
今日、就活でクリ博フェスタってのに行って
インテリジェントシステムズのブースがあったから
少し覗いてきたんだけど、ペーパーマリオの説明の時に
社員の人がサラッと「WiiU版を今作ってる」と言ってて驚いたw

まさかこんな所で発表するとは思わなかったから
めっちゃテンション上がったわw
E3あたりで発表するのかな?楽しみだ

357 2015/05/09 21:43:13 lX1WYyUa
俺もイズのブース行ったが>>352は本当やで

ペパマリシリーズの説明で「64から各据置機で出してる」という
話の流れで「WiiU版も製作中」とサラッと言ったからビックリしたw
まさか就活のイベントで未公開の情報が飛び出すとは思わんかったw

359 2015/05/09 21:48:06 lX1WYyUa
一応ブース行った証拠として会場で貰った資料うpしとく

Source (2CH)

Shout outs to the RPG Site Twitter for bringing this to my attention.

straight up, I would
get someone else to
suck DICK for a proper Wii U Paper Mario, b

its been over 10 goddamn years

Kriken

How many times have we had this rumor in some way or fashion?

I guess this one at least holds a bit more merit than the other ones

KooopaKid

Banned
Mmm where is Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem?
If true, they have to nail the paper look, like Yoshi is doing for wool and Kirby for clay and surpass Tearaway.

I'm one of the 3 people that actually really enjoyed Sticker Star but I'm still hoping this will be a traditional PMRPG, it's been too long.

jholmes

I'm excited. A little annoyed that we're in for another thread full of people who didn't play Super Paper Mario but still hate it anyway, but hey, if it's actually coming that's worth enduring.

jbug617

Banned
How many times have we had this rumor in some way or fashion?

I guess this one at least holds a bit more merit than the other ones

Also the French (I think he was French) reporter who leaked Devil's Third said that Nintendo has a remaster for this year. Maybe it's this.

Kriken

Shout outs to the RPG Site Twitter for bringing this to my attention.

:lol

Also the French (I think he was French) reporter who leaked Devil's Third said that Nintendo has a remaster for this year. Maybe it's this.

That would make a lot of sense, IS is working on FE:If alongside FE# with Atlus, so a small side team to remaster Paper Mario, TTYD and/or SPM would fit the bill

Sir TapTap

I want to be excited but no. 50% failure rate, with only the most recent ones being failures. If this is real they're going to have to prove themselves.

I'm currently playing PM64 (right now, actually)
I really want it in the style of the first two games. Those are fantastic
Mmm where is Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem?
If true, they have to nail the paper look, like Yoshi is doing for wool and Kirby for clay and surpass Tearaway.
I think Atlus is making it

Please be like the first two. Please not be like Sticker Star. I will buy a Wii U for this alone. Super Paper Mario wouldn't be terrible, but not my first choice.

This and all the other games, but this will push me over the edge.

Top Bottom