• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kratos confirmed for MK and 10 more characters

Xater

Official Playstation Magazine revealed that Kratos will make a guest appearance in the new MK game.

Some fansalso dug around the offical MK website and found soem unprotected sound files for the following characters:

* Goro
* Quan Chi
* Stryker
* Noob Saibot
* Sindel
* Kabal
* Shao Kahn
* Smoke
* Shang Tsung
* Ermac

Source:http://www.giantbomb.com/news/mortal-kombat-tells-kratos-to-get-over-here/2770/

Update:

Even more stuff was apparently found. Test Your Might and Brutalities might make a return.

There was also announcer voice files that indicate there is a possible return of the popular Test Your Might mode and maybe the first return of Brutalities since Mortal Kombat Trilogy introduced them almost 15 years ago.

http://www.trmk.org/news/13663/website_reveals_possible_mortal_kombat_2011_details.html

boiled goose

good with gravy
ps3 only im guessing? :p the new characters all sound good.

Xater said:
Official Playstation Magazine revealed that Kratos will make a guest appearance in the new MK game.

Some fansalso dug around the offical MK website and found soem unprotected sound files for the following characters:

* Goro
* Quan Chi
* Stryker
* Noob Saibot
* Sindel
* Kabal
* Shao Kahn
* Smoke
* Shang Tsung
* Ermac

Source:http://www.giantbomb.com/news/mortal-kombat-tells-kratos-to-get-over-here/2770/

Xater

amtentori said:
ps3 only im guessing? :p the new characters all sound good.

Well of course. Would be pretty weird otherwise. I guess it's safe to assume that the Xbox might also get a guest character. Except if this is some kind of Sony deal.

PSGames

That list looks great! I hope this is far better than the MK vs DC abomination.

Xater said:
Well of course. Would be pretty weird otherwise. I guess it's safe to assume that the Xbox might also get a guest character. Except if this is some kind of Sony deal.

I wonder what Xbox related character would even fit though?

DonMigs85

PSGames said:
That list looks great! I hope this is far better than the MK vs DC abomination.

I wonder what Xbox related character would even fit though?
Hrrrm... Not sure about Master Chief in hand-to-hand combat, and the Gears guys are all big lugs... maybe Joanna Dark?

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
DonMigs85 said:
Hrrrm... Not sure about Master Chief in hand-to-hand combat, and the Gears guys are all big lugs... maybe Joanna Dark?

Out of all the characters mentionned, she sounds the more ideal. But actually, fuck that, just put in Banjo for the lulz.

shagg_187 said:
Can anyone with time to kill combine list of characters I.e confirmed + rumored? Would be fun to see how many are there in total. I expect UMK3 size roster.

Goro
Quan Chi
Stryker
Noob Saibot
Sindel
Kabal
Shang Tsung
Ermac
Sonya
Sub Zero
Johnny Cage
Scorpion
Jax
Cyrax
Kano
Kitana
Kung Lao
Mileena
Nightwolf
Raiden
Reptile
Sektor
Shao Kahn
Smoke
Kratos

Liu Kang hasn't been announced but he'll obviously be in the game.

Foil

I'm curious what the Kratos stage will look like. Hopefully it's set within the original games Hydra battle. Rain, waves, and the Hydra ripping people up in the background. Could make for a great stage fatality.

strideramc

If the Kratos rumors prove true, which all signs so far point to the fact that it is the case, I will grab the PS3 version of this game instead of the 360 copy I was planning to snag.

SolidSnakex said:
Goro
Quan Chi
Stryker
Noob Saibot
Sindel
Kabal
Shang Tsung
Ermac
Sonya
Sub Zero
Johnny Cage
Scorpion
Jax
Cyrax
Kano
Kitana
Kung Lao
Mileena
Nightwolf
Raiden
Reptile
Sektor
Shao Kahn
Smoke
Kratos

Liu Kang hasn't been announced but he'll obviously be in the game.
Awesome, thanks! That's a massive roster! Heard stuff about Human Sektor (?) as a playable character as well.

My only wish: I hope Shang Tsung is old i.e. MK1 style

Xater

SenorDingDong said:
Perhaps a Killer instinct character could be on the cards. It would seem to be the most suitable franchise owned by Microsoft.

That would be really cool. I totally forget that they own that. Fulgore would be the obvious choice I guess.

shagg_187 said:
Awesome, thanks! That's a massive roster! Heard stuff about Human Sektor (?) as a playable character as well.

TRMK mentioned that Sektor sounds human in the sound files.

Enk

makes good threads.
Kandrick said:
Out of all the characters mentionned, she sounds the more ideal. But actually, fuck that, just put in Banjo for the lulz.

Conker would probably be a better fit (in hopes for Great Mighty Poo stage fatality).

RustyO

Kandrick said:
Out of all the characters mentionned, she sounds the more ideal. But actually, fuck that, just put in Banjo and Kazooie for the lulz.

XBox360 version purchase confirmed.

AAK

Man, Netherealm studios..... Please use the Blazblue-AstralFinish method of handling fatalities! The whole Finish Him sequence is kinda pointless from a gameplay perspective where you just input the command with no challenge. When you actually land an Astral Finish in BlazBlue, there's SO much satisfaction to it. That honestly is the only thing that's really bugging me about this game!

But Kratos in MK is now overkill after how many cameo's he's appeared in. Should've used some other Sony character from Heavenly sword, Everquest, Demons Souls or something.

Preferrably Nathan Drake. Ohhh how I'd love to unleash on that guy.

PSGames

SenorDingDong said:
Perhaps a Killer instinct character could be on the cards. It would seem to be the most suitable franchise owned by Microsoft.

Orchid and/or Chief Thunder please! :D

Anyanka

shagg_187 said:
My only wish: I hope Shang Tsung is old i.e. MK1 style

They've got a model of old Tsung for his throne room stage already and he'll need to be old for the MK1 part of the story. He'll pobably have an old and young costume.

AAK said:
But Kratos in MK is now overkill after how many cameo's he's appeared in. Should've used some other Sony character from Heavenly sword, Everquest, Demons Souls or something.

Preferrably Nathan Drake. Ohhh how I'd love to unleash on that guy.
:lol These are probably the worst suggestions for a Mortal Kombat game ever. Heavenly Sword is a dead franchise, Everquest... fucking really? Nathan fucking Drake in a fighting game with fatalities? :lol

Demon's Souls is the only one I don't have a problem with, but there's hardly ONE character you can make the image of the franchise.

So yeah.. Kratos is a perfect fit.

adelante

DonMigs85 said:
Not that I can see him ripping other people's heads off but yeah, someone from KI would be a better fit:

IN2E6.jpg

GhaleonQ

So, Soul Calibur has officially fallen to Mortal Kombat-tier, now?

I do hope this turns out well, though. We could always use more fightng game fans.

Ellis Kim

Banned
finalozzo said:
kratos? Come on :|
Well, he's as thematically appropriate as he was in Soul Calibur Broken Destiny, so I don't see why not. At least this time he can do beheadings.

But yeah, I feel ya.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Ellis Kim said:
Well, he's as thematically appropriate as he was in Soul Calibur Broken Destiny, so I don't see why not. At least this time he can do beheadings.

But yeah, I feel ya.

Kratos fatality, chuckles like "nice try" then rips them in half.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
A gears character would be the only one that would remotely fit if 360 has a character. Those guys are huge, but not bigger than goro.

Aselith

They should do a Fable guy for the Xbox side. He already has ranged magic type stuff and they also do some fatality type stuff with the sword. Probably wouldn't work due to user customization though. Maybe just make it an avatar game. Those sell well.

Top Bottom