• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Horse buffs will take care of the -atk. Maybe a summoner support if you really like her.

The +res is probably actually great for mage baiting.

Shinypogs

For a + def, - res brave Ike do I want a sacred seal that shores up his res, perhaps something like hp+ 3 to make up for the fact that when he can't avoid mages he'll take a bit more damage? Or should I go for something more offensive. Sorry for all the questions :(

Sushen

Finished a deathless run with 4808. Knowing it's not going to be enough to stay in tier 20, at least, I can relax for the rest of the week on my way down to tier 19 as the cycle continues.

At least, getting 4800ish score is pretty easy with my new core team, which will pop me back up in 2 weeks, although it sounds like the threshold is moving up.

I got 4818 and dropped to tier 17.

Strange. I got into tier 20 with 4824 points.

I also used 9 Orbs to snipe for Red and Colorless on the Brave Heroes banner, because I was antsy from not summoning for two weeks.

Got crap, but I still have 163 Orbs. I'll just continue to hoard. I can get by without Brave Lyn and Roy.

bigzgod

I got 4818 and dropped to tier 17.

Wait, what? From Tier 18->19 last week was 4818+? It was that high?

Edit: Friend is reporting that she got into tier 19 with 4780ish so there's no way you dropped to 17 with 4818. Did you typo and mean drop down to tier 18? I can see that being possible.

Sushen

Edit: Friend is reporting that she got into tier 19 with 4780ish so there's no way you dropped to 17 with 4818. Did you typo and mean drop down to tier 18? I can see that being possible.
He's just wrong. I got back into tier 20 with a similar score this week.

I may be misremembering but I'm sure it was over 4800. I was pretty sure it was over 4810.

This week my score is 4830 and I didn't change my composition much.

Opps. Yea I dropped to tier 18. My bad.

Shinypogs

Infernal robin beaten with Brave Lyn, Xander*, Olivia and Lilina. I think I only ever take Lilina off the bench to check red mages who won't go down to anything else. Also the axe soldier who ran himself into Olivia with his special on and did 1 dmg to her while she bodied him in return was adorable.

Xander provided buffs and baited the AI, this was a ladies only combat run lol.

Eidjinn

Always use two Hone. Ward is rubbish.

2×2 formation is the most optimal. Really, horse emblem is so broken that I just auto battle TT and CC.

Hone Cavalry on Roy & Cecilia, Fortify on Lyn and Reinhardt. YOU can try to get away with keeping Goad on Rein, but 2&2 makes positioning a lot easier to keep Cecilia buffed up. Double Hone is basically non-negotionable.

Fortify I think works best on Reinhardt as he doesn't need the fortify buff at all and because of Lyn's high res she would benefit greatly. Problem is he and Camus are the only ones with Goad Calvary. Ideally if you could swing it I would go:

Roy -Hone
Cecilia - Hone
Reinhardt - Fortify
Lyn - Goad, or you could go cheap and keep her attack smoke skill as it combos well with her high res and weapon skill against teams with a lot of mages.

So, this is what I came up with:

B! Roy (+def; -spd)
Blazing Durandal, Reposition, Galeforce, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Cavalry

Cecilia (+art; -hp )
Gronnblade+, reposition, iceberg, triangle adept 3, tomebreaker, fortify cavalry, resistance+1

Lyn (Brave version - neutral stats)
Bravebow+, reposition, moonbow, swift sparrow 2, scae's blessing, hone cavalry, quickned pulse

Reinhardt (+atk; -hp)
Dire Thunder, Reposition, Luna, deathblow 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Cavalry

Only problem is: I gave Hone Cavalry to Lyn, and I only have one Fortify Cavalry!
So... give Reinhardt Fortify and I'm good to go?
Only problem will be another forify for Lyn and that's it?

B! Roy (+def; -spd)
Blazing Durandal, Reposition, Galeforce, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Cavalry

Cecilia (+art; -hp )
Gronnblade+, reposition, iceberg, triangle adept 3, tomebreaker, fortify cavalry, resistance+1

Bravebow+, reposition, moonbow, swift sparrow 2, scae's blessing, hone cavalry, quickned pulse

Reinhardt (+atk; -hp)

Only problem is: I gave Hone Cavalry to Lyn, and I only have one Fortify Cavalry!

I still think you could let Lyn keep her attack smoke skill. It's a great debuff skill that gives her a great enemy phase advantage, and Reinhardt doesn't need a fortify buff at all as he is a player phase murder machine that you are likely never putting in a situation to be hit. So there's no use bending over backwards to run two Fortify Calvary to make sure Reinhardt gets fortify Calvary buffed. He doesn't need it.

If you are really worried about Reinhardt taking a hit, then put lance breaker on him. It also works wonders in Tempest Trials and Grand hero battles, where units have inflated hp pools.

Edit: Cecilia would have been better to run Hone Calvary rather than fortify.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Posted a 4,728 on Arena Assault. I probably could've placed higher, because I went on a 6-streak 688 per win advanced perfect run, then took the easy way out on game 7 and took beginner so I could just get the perfect run. Left like 20 points on the table.

Sciel

B! Roy (+def; -spd)

Cecilia (+art; -hp )

Reinhardt (+atk; -hp)

Is there a particular reason why Reinhardt has WoM3? Looking at your team, I don't really think anyone other than B.Lyn (against mages) can trade very well. Even then, she'll murder any Mage other than raventomes on initiation.

I also see you've put LoD3 on roy to 'fix" his IVs. It's a good idea (would be fantastic if he was +def/-res tho lol). He isn't really a game-changing unit. If you haven't done it already, maybe hold off till we see what units IS is going to bring to the table today/tomorrow.

Eidjinn

I still think you could let Lyn keep her attack smoke skill. It's a great debuff skill that gives her a great enemy phase advantage, and Reinhardt doesn't need a fortify buff at all as he is a player phase murder machine that you are likely never putting in a situation to be hit. So there's no use bending over backwards to run two Fortify Calvary to make sure Reinhardt gets fortify Calvary buffed. He doesn't need it.

If you are really worried about Reinhardt taking a hit, then put lance breaker on him. It also works wonders in Tempest Trials and Grand hero battles, where units have inflated hp pools.

Edit: Cecilia would have been better to run Hone Calvary rather than fortify.

I actually have enough points to give B!Lyn the smoke skill. Will give it a test!

I might have a 2 star Gunter, so I could probably feed him to Cecilia!

So actually I don't really need fortify?

Is there a particular reason why Reinhardt has WoM3? Looking at your team, I don't really think anyone other than B.Lyn (against mages) can trade very well. Even then, she'll murder any Mage other than raventomes on initiation.

I also see you've put LoD3 on roy to 'fix" his IVs. It's a good idea (would be fantastic if he was +def/-res tho lol). He isn't really a game-changing unit. If you haven't done it already, maybe hold off till we see what units IS is going to bring to the table today/tomorrow.

Here's the thing: I actually build units almost solely based on the "building" guide of the Fire emblem wiki. Not only that, but it's actually my very first try in building a horse team!
To sum it up: there's not much thought while building this team, although I'm reading quite a lot about the game mechanics these past few days...

So wings of mercy 3 is basically because the wiki said it's great for Reinhardt, and it actually saved me a few times, but in another team, something like protecting Hector. Also, that other team have a Olivia with WoM 3 too, and it's just awesome to see how much ground they cover! XD

B! Roy is my red choice because... I got really lucky getting him and I just didn't have a good red unit. My two best are Eirika and Olive! I missed Xanders and Leo! So...he's kinda my only choice. I had a Cain, but used him to build another unit I don't remember and I never thought to highly of Eliwood.

But, well, if he's not THAT worth, maybe I'll wait a bit more. It's just that I got quite curious with Horse Teams, because I got B!Lyn and B! Roy.

Infernal Robin took a few tries but I did it with Brave Lyn, Olivia, Lilina, and Titania.

Olivia plus Lili for dance and draw back, weaken the axe, Attack Smoke lets Lyn tank the blue mage, Lilina tanks the red mage and kills Robin. Olivia can take out both weakened axe units and then I bring in Titania to finish the blue lance.

Ninferno

The power freaking creep is REEEEEAAAl.

IS is even more aggressive than I thought with regard to Amiti. Not only that, but Flier Formation too, like Flier Emblem's maneuverability advantage isn't big enough. lol

Elincia's art look ass though, which is a shame.

Shinypogs

Hmm while Elincia looks like she might be sweet for future flier Emblem I'm gonna keep hoarding orbs for the inevitable broken Halloween or Christmas banners.

ggx2ac

I knew it would happen.

Elinicia would use a sword and be better than Caeda and Palla.

Brave Weapon with more damage and a smaller speed penalty, wow.

Hmm while Elincia looks like she might be sweet for future flier Emblem I'm gonna keep hoarding orbs for the inevitable broken Halloween or Christmas banners.

Same here. I have zero interest in Nephenee and Oscar, so the banner is an easy skip. Elincia's the most interesting, but there will be better picks.

As long as Ike gives a 40% bonus for the next Tempest Trial, I'm good.

Ninferno

Can't wait to spend 100ish orbs sniping Elincia only to get my pity rate broken by Seliph.

Seriously though, the rumor regarding these 3 units turns out to be true, which makes the other parts in the rumor more believable now. BK being a Tempest reward also means I don't have to spend 20k on him, which is great. And Arvis GHB gets me even more hyped up. Are we really going to get 2 free red armors with legendary weapons in a month or something? That alone is pretty nuts, let along the Genealogy banner to follow up.

champloo

Only reason Oscar is there is to lower the chance to get Nephenee.

Wrath only works when the unit is below 75% total hp.

So I did read it wrongly.. I thought it was above 75%

Still, this skill looks pretty strong. I wonder if it stacks with Wo Dao/Dark Excalibur.

Sciel

BYEBYE DEAR ORBS, SNIPING FOR REDS TOMORROW (as long as she doesn't have Caeda-like stat spread lul).

I actually have enough points to give B!Lyn the smoke skill. Will give it a test!

I might have a 2 star Gunter, so I could probably feed him to Cecilia!

So actually I don't really need fortify?

Here's the thing: I actually build units almost solely based on the "building" guide of the Fire emblem wiki. Not only that, but it's actually my very first try in building a horse team!
To sum it up: there's not much thought while building this team, although I'm reading quite a lot about the game mechanics these past few days...

So wings of mercy 3 is basically because the wiki said it's great for Reinhardt, and it actually saved me a few times, but in another team, something like protecting Hector. Also, that other team have a Olivia with WoM 3 too, and it's just awesome to see how much ground they cover! XD

B! Roy is my red choice because... I got really lucky getting him and I just didn't have a good red unit. My two best are Eirika and Olive! I missed Xanders and Leo! So...he's kinda my only choice. I had a Cain, but used him to build another unit I don't remember and I never thought to highly of Eliwood.

But, well, if he's not THAT worth, maybe I'll wait a bit more. It's just that I got quite curious with Horse Teams, because I got B!Lyn and B! Roy.
I would put Lancebreaker on Rein honestly.

About a red horse user, I don't one one aside from Roy either, eagerly awaiting the rerun of Xander (or even Camus altho he is blue) GHB. Roy's a great unit, your lineup however is already very offensive focused (Rein + B.Lyn will kill almost everything), you would probably want some balance to it and have a unit that can take some hits.

Hector and Ninian forever elude me.

Ended up with Minerva, and Amelia with the worst nature possible. I wouldn't use her anyway, but the hilarity of how bad the boon & bane are is notable. At least I'll have Armor March fodder for when I ever get some Armored units I actually want to use.

Hector and Ninian forever elude me.

Ended up with Minerva, and Amelia with the worst nature possible. I wouldn't use her anyway, but the hilarity of how bad the boon & bane are is notable. At least I'll have Armor March fodder for when I ever get some Armored units I actually want to use.

Did a yolo green pull on the Tempest banner and got a +spd/-atk Hector. Since I have Hector already, I fed the spare to my B!Ike for Distant Counter of course.

Funny enough, my regular Ike & Hector are also S-Supported thanks to Tempest.

Shinypogs

Same here. I have zero interest in Nephenee and Oscar, so the banner is an easy skip. Elincia's the most interesting, but there will be better picks.

As long as Ike gives a 40% bonus for the next Tempest Trial, I'm good.

I just finished the current mini TT and god damn the first few days with no bonus unit to getting crazy scores using Ninian has me hoping I'll have a 40% unit again. Also watching my lil +atk, - defense dancer body units with the added TT buffs was hilarious. Sure there were times the ai suicided her into hector instead of dancing for Xander or brave lyn who was in range but other times she solod the final room minus hector if they were all sword or red tome users.

I'm kinda hoping that someday Myrrh and Nils ( or heck even Idunn ) arrive with more dragons specific buffs so my dragon dancer can be super buff and dive into combat when needed. Just pulled a +atk, - speed Nowi so I could always feed a lightning breath to her so she can counter on those very rare occasion I have to leave her in the line of fire. Horse emblem feels so damn safe with double reposition letting me dance for an extra attack and then still having a unit to get Ninian or Olivia out of trouble while staying in range of their partner for horse or support buffs. I'll miss having a dancer once I get Reinhardt and can throw him and Camus in there.

God help me if they ever make a Taguel/Laguz/Kitsune etc type group that share buffs. I will be on that so hard, rip all my orbs and feathers.

I love themed teams too much and Hinoka refuses to show up so I can get my flier emblem on.

Top Bottom