• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Almond

I have a question about a sidequest at Valak Mountain.

I'm looking for Three Sage Summit. Am I supposed to use that ice ramp by Serik Waterfall to get to that upper pool? Is that where I need to go? Because I keep landing in the lower, bigger one.

I have a question about a sidequest at Valak Mountain.

I'm looking for Three Sage Summit. Am I supposed to use that ice ramp by Serik Waterfall to get to that upper pool? Is that where I need to go? Because I keep landing in the lower, bigger one.

Yes. Equip any Quick Step gems you have to your fastest character (probably
Riki
), and time it right. You should be able to hit a climbable wall and climb up.

Nezumi

What do I have to do to get the "Legend of the mythical empress" quest. It just won't appear. I cleared the quest from Pachipa "And it does exist" or so (Playing the game in german, so I'm not sure about the name). I have five stars everywhere exept Colony 6 which I have fully leveled exept for the Lvl. 99 monster I have to kill. Did I mess this up somehow? Was there a bad outcome for the quest from Pachipa... And yes I talked to everyone involved in those quests time and time again. Nothing happens.

And also Don Argentis doesn't give me the quest for Sharla's last skilltree... but maybe that just takes a while after finishing the other two quests...

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Okay, just visited Prison Island the story is definitely picking up.
Definitely some unanswered questions though. Fiora was just an ordinary person, why is she now a big shot in the Mechon and why does she know Zansa? And, on that note, if the Bionis and Mechonis froze in place ages before life developed then how could Zansa "defeat" the Mechonis unless they're going with the "Zansa is the spirit of the Bionis" or something

What do I have to do to get the "Legend of the mythical empress" quest. It just won't appear. I cleared the quest from Pachipa "And it does exist" or so (Playing the game in german, so I'm not sure about the name). I have five stars everywhere exept Colony 6 which I have fully leveled exept for the Lvl. 99 monster I have to kill. Did I mess this up somehow? Was there a bad outcome for the quest from Pachipa... And yes I talked to everyone involved in those quests time and time again. Nothing happens.

And also Don Argentis doesn't give me the quest for Sharla's last skilltree... but maybe that just takes a while after finishing the other two quests...

For the first quest, I'm not really sure what's wrong. The spreadsheet (spoilers warning) lists the only requirements as being the completion of It Definitely Exists and having C6 be more than 3 stars. Then, all you should have to do is talk to Pachipa. The spreadsheet suggests talking to him at 11AM or 12PM, so try that. If it doesn't work, I have no clue. :|

For the second part, make sure you've
migrated Peppino and Zel Argentis or Oleksiy and En Argentis. One of the couples need to be in Colony 6 for Don Argentis to give you the quest. Also, you need to have completed Family Secrets/Betrothal Test.

Definitely some unanswered questions though. Fiora was just an ordinary person, why is she now a big shot in the Mechon and why does she know Zansa? And, on that note, if the Bionis and Mechonis froze in place ages before life developed then how could Zansa "defeat" the Mechonis unless they're going with the "Zansa is the spirit of the Bionis" or something

Those questions are answered, and then some. They both deal with major elements of the plot and backstory.

The Technomancer

Reyn volunteering to be an ambassador? Sure, yeah, go ahead. Wait...wait, no, no don't go Melia, no. Take Reyn! Take Reyn and leave Melia with me!

EDIT: Oh, that worked out I guess

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Yeah, I thought Eryth Sea was really slow in terms of story, but never really felt that prior, or after in Xenoblade. Most people loved Eryth Sea however.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Hey yall, quick question or more like speculation:

I'm going to start playing my PAL version today, but I still want to purchase the NA version in a month. Is there any precedent for being able to convert the save file from PAL > NA and continue playing? Or are the save files pretty locked and impossible to edit regions?

I know on PSP I was able to do something similar with the save files, but I don't know how it works on the Wii.

lunchtoast

Just gave up trying to beat the final boss. I'm lvl 75 and couldn't do it trying multiple parties. The AI is pretty terrible and they never do what they're supposed to be doing. Now I have to do all that shit all over again after I level up some more. ugh, just want this game to be over with.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Just started the game for the first time and played four hours. What a start. I just played up until
Fiora dies
and I honestly didn't expect that.

This game's story has definitely hooked me right from the beginning. Already love it!

Just started the game for the first time and played four hours. What a start. I just played up until
Fiora dies
and I honestly didn't expect that.

This game's story has definitely hooked me right from the beginning. Already love it!

If you managed to avoid that spoiler all this time, you're in for treats throughout the game.

Hey yall, quick question or more like speculation:

I'm going to start playing my PAL version today, but I still want to purchase the NA version in a month. Is there any precedent for being able to convert the save file from PAL > NA and continue playing? Or are the save files pretty locked and impossible to edit regions?

I know on PSP I was able to do something similar with the save files, but I don't know how it works on the Wii.
In theory there should be. Without unencrypted dumps of the European and US save files (various homebrew does this) in question though, nothing can be done yet but when it is done it should be a case of copying a file in a directory and overwriting a different file in another directory. Depends on if NOA do anything stupid to the save structure (they shouldn't as I can't think of there being any need to).

Just gave up trying to beat the final boss. I'm lvl 75 and couldn't do it trying multiple parties. The AI is pretty terrible and they never do what they're supposed to be doing. Now I have to do all that shit all over again after I level up some more. ugh, just want this game to be over with.
If you're playing an imported version and/or using homebrew I'd almost contemplate using some Ocarina codes at this point...just remember to keep a backup save in case it glitches on you.

Most people beat the final boss about level 80.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
In theory there should be. Without unencrypted dumps of the European and US save files (various homebrew does this) in question though, nothing can be done yet but when it is done it should be a case of copying a file in a directory and overwriting a different file in another directory. Depends on if NOA do anything stupid to the save structure (they shouldn't as I can't think of there being any need to).

Well that's cool, I guess we'll know in a month.

I JUST NOW understood the OT tag line. Hilarious, I was like WTF when I heard that for the first time.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

I'm not even sure how you got to the final boss at that level, guessing you just blasted through the last couple areas in a race to the finish? Pretty sure you need to be at least 78 or so to have a good chance at winning that fight. I think I was 78 or 79 and beat it without any trouble.

lunchtoast

I'm not even sure how you got to the final boss at that level, guessing you just blasted through the last couple areas in a race to the finish? Pretty sure you need to be at least 78 or so to have a good chance at winning that fight. I think I was 78 or 79 and beat it without any trouble.

Just the last section I blasted through. Most of the game I did lots of quests. Just being at 70+ hours and haven't beat the game I'm getting burnt out on it and just want to beat it and move on. That also explains why Shulk keeps missing on the final boss, haha.

Starwolf-Thanks, I didn't even think to use Orcarina.

lunchtoast

Well that was an interesting ending.
At first I thought they just decided to use the same planets as our system, but glad there was a reason behind it.
Now if they could only make a game just like this, except in the one piece world.

I've never read anything about this game because I thought it would never make it to the USA. Does this have anything to do with Xenogears or Xenosaga or does it just share the same name? I just don't wanna have to finish Xenosaga 3 first....

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Two questions: Affinity coins, WTF are these? I must be blind but the game hasn't explained to me a damn thing about them. And Gem Crafting, WTF I had no idea what was going on the first time I did it. Maybe I'm an idiot but that whole thing was poorly explained.

... and also, there's a "Story Quest Info" thing at the top of my screen that won't go away. I've pressed Menu and Z to read the little info on what's happening next in the story, it still won't go away at the top of my screen.

Thanks in advance for anyone who answers my noob-ass questions. :)

lunchtoast

Two questions: Affinity coins, WTF are these? I must be blind but the game hasn't explained to me a damn thing about them. And Gem Crafting, WTF I had no idea what was going on the first time I did it. Maybe I'm an idiot but that whole thing was poorly explained.

... and also, there's a "Story Quest Info" thing at the top of my screen that won't go away. I've pressed Menu and Z to read the little info on what's happening next in the story, it still won't go away at the top of my screen.

Thanks in advance for anyone who answers my noob-ass questions. :)

Affinity coins are used for Skill links. On your skill page press select and you can equip skills from other characters.

Gem crafting just pair two people together who have a good bromance. Everything else is out of your hand, just hold down A to speed it up. I don't think the story quest info thing goes away until you reach the next checkpoint or whatever.

Reyn volunteering to be an ambassador? Sure, yeah, go ahead. Wait...wait, no, no don't go Melia, no. Take Reyn! Take Reyn and leave Melia with me!

EDIT: Oh, that worked out I guess

doxtr.png

Hasn't been posted on this page yet :p

Almond

Yes. Equip any Quick Step gems you have to your fastest character (probably
Riki
), and time it right. You should be able to hit a climbable wall and climb up.

Thanks. Is there a certain percentage I have to equip? I got up to 24% and barely made it any farther. Or maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

Thanks. Is there a certain percentage I have to equip? I got up to 24% and barely made it any farther. Or maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

I'm almost certain 25% is the max, so 24% is more than enough. Try jumping at different times. It sucks, but once you get up there there's a landmark you can activate (if you're very careful) so you don't have to go through the process again.

Zornica

Banned
And Gem Crafting, WTF I had no idea what was going on the first time I did it. Maybe I'm an idiot but that whole thing was poorly explained.

gem crafting guide
that story quest note on the top indicates that the story will continue in the next area. It won't go away unless you move on.

You got to jump at the very last moment.

Oxx

It took me a few attempts to nail the jump. I actually watched a YouTube video to make sure I was doing it right.

Well that was an interesting ending.
At first I thought they just decided to use the same planets as our system, but glad there was a reason behind it.
Now if they could only make a game just like this, except in the one piece world.

I liked that passage. The setting gave the final confrontation an epic taste.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Affinity coins are used for Skill links. On your skill page press select and you can equip skills from other characters.

Gem crafting just pair two people together who have a good bromance. Everything else is out of your hand, just hold down A to speed it up. I don't think the story quest info thing goes away until you reach the next checkpoint or whatever.

cool thanks! I had no idea about equipping skills from other characters. Maybe I haven't reached that tutorial yet.

The Technomancer

Godamnit I love Dunban but without a healing ability he's just so fucking useless. I keep trying him out hoping that he'll be different this time but having to babysit him constantly so he doesn't die isn't worth the damage he deals.

Godamnit I love Dunban but without a healing ability he's just so fucking useless. I keep trying him out hoping that he'll be different this time but having to babysit him constantly so he doesn't die isn't worth the damage he deals.

Agility gems man. Some quests give Agility II/III, give them to Dunban/Shulk.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

I thought so too at first. Boy was I wrong about Dunban in the end.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Dunban is arguably the best tank in the game. Along with the agility gems, remember to give him light armor. He should be dodging most attacks that come his way.

edit: damn... wrong thread -_-

I wonder if you could add these maps to your faq's?
as most people seem to have trouble finding certain npcs in alcamoth and frontier village
http://www.abload.de/img/alcamothengwij9c.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/grenzdorfeng1c9e6a.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/grenzdorfeng2kaeoj.jpg

It's already longer than I meant for it to be. I'll leave it up to SecretMoblin since he's doing to the OT and the FAQ was put together with the intention of going in the new OT.

The Technomancer

Really Shulk? Really?
You've come all this way on your emotionally charged quest for revenge and now you refuse to kill the guy who killed or captured many of your comrades because he just so happens to be human and not a robot?

spidye

dat ending. wow
It's too early to tell but I think xenoblade is my favourite jrpg of all time. I loved the story and that ending.

epic is an understatement.

Zornica

Banned
Really Shulk? Really?
You've come all this way on your emotionally charged quest for revenge and now you refuse to kill the guy who killed or captured many of your comrades because he just so happens to be human and not a robot?

actually there is a reason for that. but it would be a major spoiler...

So apparently you can sync the attack colors when you're doing a chain attack and do a ton more damage that way?

WTF.

Oh well, will come in handy on the 2nd playthrough.

So apparently you can sync the attack colors when you're doing a chain attack and do a ton more damage that way?

WTF.

Oh well, will come in handy on the 2nd playthrough.

I'm pretty sure it mentions that in one of the in-game tutorials on chain attacks. The interface for them is not intuitive and the explanations for some things (*coughMeliacough*) are terrible, but there's a lot of useful information in there.

The Technomancer

actually there is a reason for that. but it would be a major spoiler...

Well, so
I was talking about the confrontation in sword valley, and shortly after the dude was killed by a falling spear of...mechon-stuff
so is there still a major spoiler as to why
Shulk's almost frightening drive for revenge did a total 180 once it was an actual person and not a mechon?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Well, so
I was talking about the confrontation in sword valley, and shortly after the dude was killed by a falling spear of...mechon-stuff
so is there still a major spoiler as to why
Shulk's almost frightening drive for revenge did a total 180 once it was an actual person and not a mechon?

Yes.

I can't wait for the US release so I have an excuse to replay this amazing game

I'm so envious of everyone who will be playing it for the first time

I hope it's received as well with American critics.

I'm pretty sure it mentions that in one of the in-game tutorials on chain attacks. The interface for them is not intuitive and the explanations for some things (*coughMeliacough*) are terrible, but there's a lot of useful information in there.
It probably does, but I don't think my affinity was high enough to try it until many many hours later. (and so I never made the connection)

In general there's way too much tutorial in this game, which isn't really a bad thing (I don't know what else they could've done beyond a 3D-Zelda-esque super slow intro that explained everything bit by bit) but nonetheless overwhelming by virtue of all the crap you can do.

The Technomancer

Man, some of the lines in this translation stick out terrible.
Case in point: "therefore it can be countered by releasing opposing waves"

EDIT: Wait, did this game just
pull a Chrono Trigger on me?

McNum

Man, some of the lines in this translation stick out terrible.
Case in point: "therefore it can be countered by releasing opposing waves"

EDIT: Wait, did this game just
pull a Chrono Trigger on me?
Ah, I know where you are about now, Keep playing, you're about past the part where the game stops piling on questions and begins to give answers.

Top Bottom