• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayAsia shows Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain in their games list.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I think the final subtitle for MGSV hasn't been released yet.

Whoa.

That's a shakeup. Surprised they would not be on MGS: Ground Zeroes and KojiPro on MGSV

Kojima Productions is already outsourcing one MGS title to Platinum Games, so From Software developing MGS: V is definitely a possibility here.

It might stem from the fact that Kojima wants to work on different types of games. So Ground Zeroes could be his "experimental new project," while MGS: V could be more a traditional kind of thing.

I'm still hoping it won't be a game about Big Boss. If MGS3 had been the last Big Boss game I had played, I would be jumping up and down right now at the thought, but it wasn't. Big Boss is really starting to become a bit long in the tooth for me.

Awesome title though.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Kojima Productions is already outsourcing one MGS title to Platinum, so From Software developing MGS: V is definitely a possibility.

It might stem from the fact that Kojima wants to work on different types of games. So Ground Zeroes could be his "experimental new project," while MGS: V could be more a traditional kind of thing.

Kojima said Ground Zeroes is the prologue to MGS 5, which i think means it's just like the Tanker was for MGS 2 and Virtuous Mission was for MGS 3, both GZ and TPP are still the same game = Metal Gear Solid V.

I also think Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are just the names for the trailers and the final subtitle to MGSV will be released at E3.

Quackula

Kojima said Ground Zeroes is the prologue to MGS 5, which i think means it's just like the Tanker was for MGS 2 and Virtuous Mission was for MGS 3, both GZ and TPP are still the same game = Metal Gear Solid V.

I also think Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are just the names for the trailers and the final subtitle to MGSV will be released at E3.

The sounds most likely to me.

HardRojo

Yeah, that's what I think too, E3 can't come soon enough.

Kojima Productions is already outsourcing one MGS title to Platinum Games, so From Software developing MGS: V is definitely a possibility here.

Coming at it from that perspective would make sense.

Although I would think that Kojima would want to be on the main thing. However he has said that he wants to get away from Metal Gear. Maybe this is his way to get away from it while still making a Metal Gear game :p

Batzi

Banned
What is weird is the fact they are using "Ground Zeroes" poster for the picture and not something from The Phantom Pain. I don't know why PlayAsia.com listed The Phantom Pain as MGS5 and I don't know if they did because they have a source for that information that we are not yet aware of but I am excited to know that something new concerning The Phantom Pain just happened :p

Again, the whole thing can be just an assumption from PlayAsia that MGS5 is The Phantom Pain and I think we might see something related to it in the near future maybe in Famitsu's next issue.

Top Bottom