• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kassatsu's guide to making a JPSN account

kassatsu

Banned
I was reading in the Yakuza 3 thread today and saw this:

slider said:
Oh, interesting comments on the gfx. I just created a Japanese account* to check this out. DLing now.

*The frikkin' process had always intimidated me in the past and since the FW upgrades the old guides had been a bit out of date.... but Youtube to the rescue. : )

So here we go.

First thing we have to do is create a new user on the XMB. This can be done by going all the way to the left and selecting the Create New User icon.
Choose a name for this local account, mine is "Japan". After you have done this sign in to the new account and go all the way to the right until you reach the Network tab of the XMB.

step1.jpg

You should be looking at a screen like this. Select the Sign Up for the Playstation Network option.

step2.jpg

We now reach this screen, pretty straight forward at this point since it is all in English. Select Create a New Account (New Users).

step3.jpg

Again simple stuff here, just select Continue.

picklang2.jpg
picklang.jpg

From the Country / Region of Residence drop-down select Japan.

step4.jpg

From this point forward all of the options will be in Japanese. Enter your birthday and then select 次へ to continue to the Terms of Service.

step5.jpg

Time to sell your soul to the Japanese, select 同意する to agree to the Terms of Service.

step6.jpg

The first input box is asking for an email address. I would recommend using a real one just incase you forget your password.
Under that is the input box for your password. The yellow text says must contain atleast 6 characters using numbers and letters. Re-enter your password again in the 3rd input box.

Check the box if you wish for your password to be saved.

The drop-down box is for a Security Question. Pick one.
In the box below make your answer something you will remember.

Select 次へ to continue.

step7.jpg

Now you are choosing your PSN ID. Make it anything you want.

After you enter a name you will see one of 2 screens.

usernameok.jpg

If you get this screen, your user name is available. Select OK.

usernametaken.jpg

If you get this screen, the user name you entered is already used by another user. Hit O to return to the previous screen and choose a different name.

After your PSN ID is chosen select 次へ to continue.

step8.jpg

Last name, first name, and gender is entered here. Pick anything you want.

Select 次へ to continue.

step9.jpg

Time to enter a fake address. Enter numbers in the first input box.

For the drop-down box choose anything you want.

For the next 4 boxes you can input anything you want, Sony doesn't check the address.

Select 次へ to continue.

step10.jpg

Check this box if you wish to receive emails from Sony.

Select 次へ to continue.

step11.jpg

You are at the home stretch, all you have to do now is confirm the info you entered.

Select 確定 to confirm.

done.jpg

Congratulations you have a Japanese PSN account. Press X to go to the Store.

JPstorefront.jpg

This is the updated translation for the store sidebar.

If you can think of anyway to make this guide more clear, just let me know.

fernoca

Just was looking for something like this..tried it and worked, downloading the Yakuza 3 demo right now. Thanks! :)

Owzers

I downloaded the new Afrika Premium Theme with a japan account, but how do i use it on my main U.S. account?

nvm found it. Great theme!

sillymonkey321 said:
I downloaded the new Afrika Premium Theme with a japan account, but how do i use it on my main U.S. account?

The same way as any other. All accounts see the same themes available under "Theme Settings."

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
sillymonkey321 said:

Like you would any other theme? It should be available on all accounts.

vocab

sillymonkey321 said:

You switch to your main US account, and go to themes and it's right there.

All content is shared on the system as long as you have the account on the system.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Hmmm... after submitting my security question, I'm getting a long delay followed by a (80023103) error. Anyone have an idea what it's telling me I've done wrong?

EDIT: I changed nothing, and after 3 more tries it went through. Strange.

MelloBoy

Neo Member
g35twinturbo said:
Now if only cam make an updated guide to getting that cat game to work :(

Mainichi Issyo?

If your clock and timezone don't match up, it will pop an error preventing you from starting it up for this particular "game"

-can i use the same email addy as my US account?

-can i choose to view input as US or do i have to figure out what the japanese characters mean? ie: when im choosing a username i won't know what the letters mean. :(

-i take it i just follow this guide for a EU account too, right? :lol

kassatsu

Banned
Commanche Raisin Toast said:
-can i use the same email addy as my US account?

-can i choose to view input as US or do i have to figure out what the japanese characters mean? ie: when im choosing a username i won't know what the letters mean. :(

-i take it i just follow this guide for a EU account too, right? :lol
1. Seems like you can.
2. Yes, press select to get English characters
3. Yes, but pick a country in the EU.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Anyone has an unused US PSN Account?
Need it to grab demos and stuff from the US Store ^___^

kassatsu

Banned
steveovig said:
I'd hate to resurrect an old thread but where the hell can I find themes on the JP store?
Go to the Add-ons section and scroll all the way to the bottom. There are folders for themes there.

kassatsu

Banned
gunstarhero said:
Any have the images originally in this thread? Need to see the translation of the JPN PSN menu again :(
Fixed the images and added the new translation ;)

pspstore.jpg

ps3store.jpg

Those are for the psp and ps3 section

Top Bottom