• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

amrod

Scary Girl on Steam now: http://store.steampowered.com/app/202370

Normally $9.99, 20% off for new release.

Bought... Shows a loading screen for a sec
then

so0VB.png

so I just learned that Prototype 2 comes out this month. Looks like it's getting the "not CoD" advertising treatment, despite some advertising a year ago or so.

It's also nowhere to be seen on Steam. Is this normal for Activision, or..?

Activision's handling of Prototype 2 is baffling. They were talking big a month or two ago about how it's going to "own" April, and how they're expecting it to double the sales of the original, but the original was a deeply divisive game and they have seemingly done nothing to explain to people why this one is better. And, like you, I have seen no advertising for it at all.

PaulLFC

I don't think I'll have time to play AoE Online before the discounts end, but looking at the £9.99 All in Wonder pack, it seems to include everything except the cosmetic stuff. So am I essentially buying the complete full game for £9.99?

Or are there still some other forms of in game currency or items I'd have to buy if I didn't want to wait to progress, as you have to in some other F2P games?

sixclaws

Banned
Activision's handling of Prototype 2 is baffling. They were talking big a month or two ago about how it's going to "own" April, and how they're expecting it to double the sales of the original, but the original was a deeply divisive game and they have seemingly done nothing to explain to people why this one is better. And, like you, I have seen no advertising for it at all.

Well the PC version was delayed to July and in terms of advertising the only thing I'm seeing are the Gamestop commercials for the game advertising preorder dlc.

cicero

Cool, so I can buy retail games on the cheap and register them too as long as they are on the list.

And do I get this right, I can buy Amazon DD too but register via Steam? Awesome if so

Make sure the games are listed as being activated on Steam before you buy. None of the GOG games activate on Steam. Think of GOG and Steam as digital distribution services that compliment each other.

Nabs

Checking the registry. I see Homefront Ultimate Edition (...) it comes with all the DLC and Metro 2033.

There's also an Indie Adventure Pack w/ Gemini Rue, Jolly Rover, Tiny Bang Story, Machinarium and Lume.

Blades of Time and DLC is also on it's way. Google says it'll be out on the 18th.

Botanicula is coming as well.

Blades of Shut the Fuck Already is being ported to PC? Buying day one. Wait, the 18th of this month?

Vic, I don't know if you peruse this thread, but Gaijin's releasing this on Steam, thank you.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just wrapped up Warp and my god that last boss was horrible. It was like all the issues of the game wrapped up into a 1 minute segment that you get stuck repeating over and over until you succeed.

The game has some really neat ideas, but the devs completely fail to understand how balance this type of game. See Portal understands that in a puzzle game the player wants to experiment so it doesn't punish you for it. In Warp I never wanted to experiment because I would most likely die and then have to go back to a checkpoint and possibly rewatch part of a cutscene. The checkpoints were just far enough apart and the deaths came so easily that it became irritating.

Graphically the game is kind of rough. 60 fps can only be achieved through fixing the ini file and the have some fuzzy-ass filter over the visuals. The art in the game sort of combines Portal with TF2 and it does work pretty well.

I just wish that the devs had either spent more time playtesting the game or that a better dev had used this concept.

camerooni

Neo Member
Checking the registry. I see Homefront Ultimate Edition (...) it comes with all the DLC and Metro 2033.

There's also an Indie Adventure Pack w/ Gemini Rue, Jolly Rover, Tiny Bang Story, Machinarium and Lume.

Blades of Time and DLC is also on it's way. Google says it'll be out on the 18th.

Botanicula is coming as well.

Blades of time.. is that the action/slasher with the over the top scantily clad chick with unrealistic proportions barely covered with impractical and completely useless looking armour?

Dambrosi

Banned

Might as well just buy Metro 2033 on its tod, it's about a hundred times the game that Homefront is. Seriously, Homefront is short and shit, don't bother.

I had to Youtube footage of this game, since the only thing I'd seen of it was a quick glance of the box cover in my local Grainger Games. I like how, when you looked at your compass, you also got a generous helping of animated sideboob. Classy.

And at least Lara Croft and Samanosuke from Onimusha knew when to shut up. And had better hair.

What's hilarious about Blades of Time is that it looks like the copious amounts of narration by the protagonist was an addition made during localisation.

Ledsen

Cool, so I can buy retail games on the cheap and register them too as long as they are on the list.

And do I get this right, I can buy Amazon DD too but register via Steam? Awesome if so

Not only that, you can buy DL games from Amazon US (with a couple of exceptions, Dead Island is one I think) and register them to your european Steam account. They're having a huge sale right now. I myself have bought Sonic Generations, Dungeon Siege 3, Metro 2033 and Red Faction Armageddon. You can also buy DL Steamworks games from the awesome greenmangaming.co.uk, they have quite a few promotions and sales.

Bruiserk

Not only that, you can buy DL games from Amazon US (with a couple of exceptions, Dead Island is one I think) and register them to your european Steam account. They're having a huge sale right now. I myself have bought Sonic Generations, Dungeon Siege 3, Metro 2033 and Red Faction Armageddon. You can also buy DL Steamworks games from the awesome greenmangaming.co.uk, they have quite a few promotions and sales.

You can buy games through Amazon.com outside of the US?

jediyoshi

Neat. Nice to just see games pop the hell out of nowhere every now and then (although it looks like it was at least announced for pc a bit ago). At the very least I hope it's just an average character action game, the few console reviews out there look to be leaning that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom