• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did anyone's Xbox Live account just cancel for no reason?

chupon

I was trying to download the free Games with Gold and noticed my membership cancelled. I then logged on my console and it shows my account as a Free account with 0 years of Tenure.

Previously my account was gold with an expiration of August 2015.

chupon

Your Xbox Live account is now...dead?

Huh...that's weird. No email to indicate when your sub is running out soon?

I got an e-mail that my gold subscription was cancelled, but all I did was go to the Dungeon Defenders page and try to download the game.

I have an e-mail from last year where I redeemed a 12 month code bringing my expiration to August 2015 so there's no way it should be ending this soon.

Yeah, I had that happen to me recently. I haven't gotten around to calling up support, but it's like my account is no longer Gold on 360, XB1, and I think the website. However, when I look up my account's subscriptions on the website, I still have an active Gold subscription.

Vashetti

Banned
You now require an active Xbox Live Gold subscription to purchase an Xbox Live Gold subscription. Please contact Xbox Customer Support if you have any queries.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
No, but I just got an email last night saying that my Xbox points had been translated into real cash money, so it's possible that they were monkeying with something else in the system that resulted in the problem you're having now.

Ade

Where was the code from? A lot of fraudulently obtained gold codes were revoked recently so i understand.

chupon

The last codes I got were from MS support because of previous problems I had with my account. I redeemed two codes in November and the e-mail clearly says my subscription is good until September 2015. I had two redeemed the same day:

"Dear <name>,

This mail is confirmation that you have successfully renewed Prepaid 3M Xbox LIVE Gold. The subscription will expire on Saturday, August 15, 2015. Here is a description of the service: "

"Dear <name>,

This mail is confirmation that you have successfully renewed Xbox LIVE Prepaid 1 month Gold Membership Card. The subscription will expire on Monday, September 14, 2015. Here is a description of the service: "

chupon

SO did you call MS? Curious as to what happened

Yep tried calling and got disconnected. Called back wait time was up to a half hour. I didn't have time to wait so I took the option to leave my phone for a call back. Waiting on that phone call and looking for other solutions.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Yep tried calling and got disconnected. Called back wait time was up to a half hour. I didn't have time to wait so I took the option to leave my phone for a call back. Waiting on that phone call and looking for other solutions.

They have chat support, you might be able to resolve it there.

Mugatu

Ha! When I logged in this morning it said my Gold expired - I know it's going to expire this year so I assumed today just happened to be the day but maybe not?

check your mailing status

did you happen to get a penalty for purchasing a free game from another territory?

the best method would be to call support like what most Gaffers have already stated

Yea that shows cancelled today, but it's not correct. I know I've seen that say September 2015 before.

It doesn't give any reason for the cancellation?

Very strange, I wish you luck in resolving this. I can't imagine there will be many people in CS with it being a Sunday.

Happened to my brother a few months ago.

Microsoft didn't want to do anything so we went to the BBB after we filed a report M$ refunded the lost time the next day. Sadly you have to wade through M$ support before going to the BBB but I wish you could go straight there. M$ support is horrible.

chupon

Yea they were just offering to give me 6 months but I said no I want the whole time (Sept 2015 is 18 months from now)

chupon

They are telling me that the problem is with stacking multiple redemption codes. They confirmed I did enter these and are reissuing me codes to get me back to the original time.

They said this is a known issue and it's affecting other people.

They are telling me that the problem is with stacking multiple redemption codes. They confirmed I did enter these and are reissuing me codes to get me back to the original time.

They said this is a known issue and it's affecting other people.

Huh, I've stacked quite a few, so I guess I'll have to keep an eye on mine over the next few days.

Good that they are at least reissuing the codes and strange that they only initially offered 6 months...

chupon

Yea there might have been confusion on dates. They might have thought I said September 2014 and not 2015.

Either way, this has been resolved for me. Took about 3 hours of phone calls, but I'm good now.

Pachinko

I guess their system must want you to put those in 1 at a time like a cell phone card. You pop in a 30 day trial and on day 29 pop in a 60 day trial and on day 59 or 60 of that you pop in a 90 day and so on.

Kind of of a pain in the ass but I wonder if that would solve the problem in the future ?

Top Bottom