• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 3 $100 PRICE DROP shown in Circuit City Ad

D3MO

Banned
THE PS3 IS GETTING A $100 PRICE DROP

LINKS:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143618
http://www.kotaku.com/
*You'll have to Register to CAG to see the CAG thread.

PICS:

54kgf2x.jpg

ps3_price_cut.jpg

Of course a $100 drop is confirmed. When it will happen is yet to be determined. Lock this nonsense. Wait for Sony's announcement
at E3 if they want to live.

Guy Legend

It's not confirmed until we get official confirmation. But I admit, it's looking quite probable and an excellent move by Sony if true.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
You know, this might not be any sort of official price-drop and Circuit City is just dropping the price to sell extra unsold stock...

/runs

This thread shows just how honestly pathetic the whole thing is.
If this were true, they knock 100 off the PS3, making it one of the cheapest bluray players also people will still bitch because bitching and whining on the interweb is all it is about anymore and gaming is just an afterthought.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
That's great if true. For $500, PS3 will have a really nice price for what it offers. Still probably won't be cheap enough for the masses to bite, well, en masse.

Someone post the scan, please. At Zellers i've seen the advance flyer for the middle of July and it's still the same price up here.

LAMBO

I planned on not buying a next gen console this year. Now i have Ms giving a 3 year warranty and a possible holiday price drop (i hope), and now sony is dropping the price already. I may have 2 damn consoles in '07 now.

If that's true it would make me a little more interested in owning a PS3. Wouldn't mind having one in my dorm. But without a price drop I'm really not interested.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
aztrex said:
Wait for Sony's announcement
If things keep going as they are, we'll have to have official confirmation to even discuss the weather by as soon as the end of the year.

OokieSpookie said:
This thread shows just how honestly pathetic the whole thing is.
If this were true, they knock 100 off the PS3, making it one of the cheapest bluray players also people will still bitch because bitching and whining on the interweb is all it is about anymore and gaming is just an afterthought.
Hello there mr. kettle.

kuYuri

How exactly is this a price drop?

Price drops implies it's nationwide, not just one chain of stores. The OP fails.

Guy Legend

Father_Brain said:
With respect to PS3's overall situation, a drop to "only" $500 is like putting a Band-Aid on a brain tumor.

A $500 console is still expensive, but in terms of being a blue ray player and 5 free movies, the whole package does have some value to it.

If I were Sony, I would also bundle a game and a movie in the box in October, further increasing the value of the package in time for the holiday sales.

jrricky

Banned
What sense does that make now. Wasnt the PS3 $500 at launch and it still sold like crap. it needs another $100 price drop immediately.

BuzzJive

The OP is very reliable over there. I don't doubt this news.

$499 PS3 vs. $399 360 makes it a tougher post E3 decision for me. Come on Microsoft - let me see you DROP.

The Jason

I'm going to be Bold and say that a $100 price drop and a handful of great games will help sony this winter, I know all the rational people here will argue otherwise, but I protest.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Guy Legend said:
A $500 console is still expensive, but in terms of being a blue ray player and 5 free movies, the whole package does have some value to it.

If I were Sony, I would also bundle a game and a movie in the box in October, further increasing the value of the package in time for the holiday sales.
The PS3 was cheaper than any other blu ray player by a much larger difference the day it came out.

Strider2K99 said:
How exactly is this a price drop?

Price drops implies it's nationwide, not just one chain of stores. The OP fails.

It's not just for Circuit City. It's going to be universal. CC is just the first to break the news. I expect this to take effect starting Sunday the 15th.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Okay we get it. PS3 is still too expensive. Nobody should have been holding their breath for a 200 dollar drop. 100 is a not a bad start, especially if it pushes the SKUs to 399/499 instead of a reconfigured 499/599.

Yeah, it's still too high, but yeah, it's a start.

Getting closer to the day I can purchase one.

Brilliant move by Sony.

$200 would have forced MS' hand on a price drop. Now MS has a false sense of security because the thing is still $100 more, so they'll try to milk a $399 premium even longer.

But we all know the perceived value just went into Sony's favor IF MS doesn't respond.

Top Bottom