• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Umihara Kawase games have been delisted from Steam

Tizoc

EDIT: You can currently get the games from here and redeem them on Steam
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/search/search/kawase

sc0GK6q.jpg

Following the news of Agatsuma Ent. becoming defunct, the worse has happened a little too soon:
The Umihara Kawase games have been delisted from Steam.
It is unknown if the games will return under a new publisher (someone go get Night Dive Studios on the line), but the only other way of getting the games now would be through traders who have kept the games in their inventories.

EDIT2: The 3DS ver. of the game was published by Natsume and as such that ver. of the game won't be delisted.

It's been like a few months, what the fuck

Should have pulled the trigger the moment we knew the company went under god fucking damn it

HGH

Banned
Ah, fuck me for waiting too long. Shoulda known. I assume Vita and EShop will follow suit soon?

Sayonara UmiharaKawase on Nintendo 3DS is on 50% sale on EU consoles until... few hours, I suppose? I bet it will be delisted too :(

EDIT: Code of Princess is on sale too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This scenario exhibits the frustrating thing about Steam: instant availability also means instant unavailability. Valve couldn't give a heads-up about removals a la CDPR even if it wanted to as publishers have direct control over package availability (which isn't a bad thing -- red tape shouldn't exist when it comes to digital distribution).

Eolz

Aw fuck, I knew I should have picked the snes one.
Hope it comes back soon, excellent games :( .

I may get it on Humble Store, I should have suspected this would happen when the news came about the company going disfunct.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Heh, and I just checked its page on Steam today too.

It's not even Jan 1 in Japan yet for a few hours. But I guess they used the time *somewhere* on Earth where it's already 2016.

Eolz

Still available as a Steam key on Humble

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/umiharakawase_trilogy_storefront

Gotta go fast

Thanks!

Maybe Marvelous will but their IPs

Asked them on twitter if they were planning to licence it, and they have no plans for now.

everyone with a 3ds should get this

Really? Really interested in it since a long time, but I've heard that it was becoming really repetitive and had a lot of framerate problems. Is that true?
Shame the PC version won't happen now :/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
they sold like crap on steam RIP

Well, certainly doesn't help that they were like... what... 200p(!!!!?) LOCKED(!!!!!!!!!!!!!) with no option to change that resolution(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)? That definitely will turn potential buyers away.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Really? Really interested in it since a long time, but I've heard that it was becoming really repetitive and had a lot of framerate problems. Is that true?
Shame the PC version won't happen now :/

There are three games in the series--a Super Famicom game, a Playstation game and a 3DS/Vita game--and they were all ported to PC. If you want to play any of them on PC, act fast.

The 3DS version of Sayonara Umihara Kawase does have framerate issues but the PC/Vita version is fine.

Eolz

There are three games in the series--a Super Famicom game, a Playstation game and a 3DS/Vita game--and they were all ported to PC. If you want to play any of them on PC, act fast.

The 3DS version of Sayonara Umihara Kawase does have framerate issues but the PC/Vita version is fine.

Oh I know, I have all three versions, I was talking about Code of Princess :p

Top Bottom