• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Highway to the Danger Room

inky

If you want to be invited to the Supergroup just leave a message in the thread with your in-game name in it and someone will get to you.

| SERVER STATUS | Latest Patch Notes | Official Site | Official Forums | marvelheroes.info (Item, Character and Build database) | Youtube Guides for New Players | Test Center Client | System Requirements | OT1 | OT2 |
otfinal56kwfygk.png

drv0bdh.png

CLICK to get it:

dwosfinalrvbcv.png

costumeshlrxc.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wasnt this game dead?

edit: lol the wall of shame :(

Syril

I played it some earlier in the year, and Rocket Raccoon's moveset was really fun, but everything was so braindead easy that I had to intentionally play badly to get remotely injured. How far do you have to get for anything to be challenging?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Iron Fist is out and he's awesome <3

He's dope, fam. Not even a fan of the character (simply not very familiar) but he's so good.

Highly recommend everyone who likes ARPGs to try this at least, and join the GAF SG. Free is free.

I played it some earlier in the year, and Rocket Raccoon's moveset was really fun, but everything was so braindead easy that I had to intentionally play badly to get remotely injured. How far do you have to get for anything to be challenging?

Endgame, or Red terminals starting at level 20 are more challenging than story mode, at least. Much like Diablo 3, there really isn't much in the way of challenging content until the level cap.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

There's raids and cosmic zones where things can get pretty difficult. They also just added Danger Rooms which are randomly generated levels with different modifiers that are pretty challenging.

inky

You could try Red Terminals from level 20. They are boss runs tuned a bit harder than the story mode.

Story mode is designed to take you from 1 - 55/60 depending on your XP gains and how much side content you do, but it is tuned on the easy side. Once you hit level 60 there's a ton of content ranging from easy farm mode to very challenging.

Neoxon

Until Wasp or Kamala join in, maybe.

Also, props for using the right Nova.
This, though I guess they got Marvel to go along with it thanks to Sam being a glorified alternate costume.

I'm also glad that Gazillion got their contract before the infamous X-Men/F4 ban.

So how are the story missions in this game in general? Does it feel like they put effort into them or are they your typical MMO-style do this X number of times?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Any new gaffer that joins over christmas shall be getting some items from cash shop from me as a christmas present.

New thread selfie

iM0v1jy.jpg

inky

So how are the story missions in this game in general? Does it feel like they put effort into them or are they your typical MMO-style do this X number of times?

Story mode is pretty straightforward: you make your way through the map and defeat bosses, then go back to a hub where you are sent to a new area. Sometimes objectives include interacting with terminals. There's not pick "10 of this and 10 of that" missions.

Any new gaffer that joins over christmas shall be getting some items from cash shop from me as a christmas present.

New thread selfie

iM0v1jy.jpg

Oops, forgot to include that in the OP (you are gonna go broke tho ;P
not really
)

:D

Ranmo

I can't believe its been an entire year since I played this game regularly. I'll have to give it a shot again now that there are a few more heroes out that I want to own. Also Danger Room looks good. I was waiting for that for so long but ultimately got sucked in by D3 seasons.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
This is a pretty fun game. People should play it sometimes, and then get mad it it, and stop playing for a while, then play again. It's the marvelgaf way!

Also, new people do not underestimate Queens' gifting game. Girl takes her shit seriously.

edit: Just noticed I broke 1k posts in the last OT. Whelp.

Anyway, great job inky!

Indignate

Should mention that they are giving out bonus daily log in rewards until the end of the month.

Most notably for new players is a Groot Team-Up on the 25th, and a Random Character Box on the 31st.

Also Kepow got banned so you don't have to worry about him anymore.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Wait, Miles might be coming in 2016? Wat

He's been in option in official "vote for the next hero polls", so it's a safe bet that anyone who was presented as a choice is on the shortlist for 2016. That also includes Green Goblin and Kamala.

LordGraySkull

Neo Member
At some point I might be interested in lvling Iron Fist.

They need to hurry up and release that P5 Magik costume....and fix her damn bugs.

Only character I'll probably give a crap about next year is Angela.

Slayven

Man I play but always get bored by the time you start using the X-men mansion as a hub. That and the won't add Sleep Walker

Story mode is pretty straightforward: you make your way through the map and defeat bosses, then go back to a hub where you are sent to a new area. Sometimes objectives include interacting with terminals. There's not pick "10 of this and 10 of that" missions.

:D

So is it kind of like Marvel Ultimate Alliance?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so...dont buy Gs right now, at least if you play on Steam :/

Fuckers took the money from my wallet, but I didnt get the Gs, one assumes because of the sale traffic, but yeah, now I got a ticket in with both Steam and Gaz... thats gonna be lovely to fix >_> sigh

This game had me for a while. Ended up spending more money then I ever planned on, but I don't regret it. It was good times, and Gaz almost makes you want to fund the game a bit. Maybe I'll give it another go now that Iron Fist is out. Is there a good necro/pet class yet? I think Rocket and his turrets were the closest thing last I played. Kinda but not really Squirrel Girl.

Rhaknar

This game had me for a while. Ended up spending more money then I ever planned on, but I don't regret it. It was good times, and Gaz almost makes you want to fund the game a bit. Maybe I'll give it another go now that Iron Fist is out. Is there a good necro/pet class yet? I think Rocket and his turrets were the closest thing last I played. Kinda but not really Squirrel Girl.

Doom (of all people) is the closest. Magik could have been but they made it so you can only have a few pets out at the same time and you need to pick and choose

Doom you can have a bunch of pets out at the same time

Top Bottom