• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

oh em gee!! Persona 4 for PS2 next year!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
... according to bloomberg that is.

"As for consumer software, the company plans one release in 1H2008, followed by nine in 2H2008, including "Etrian Odyssey" for the DS and "Persona 4" for the PS2"

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=jpconewsstory&refer=jpconews&tkr=7866:JP&sid=a3cqmF.j765M

edit: so people dont get confused

duckroll said:
It should be noted that I believe Atlus does Financial years that end in July. So the "first half" would be Aug 07 to Jan 08. And the "second half" is Feb 08 to July 08.

duckroll

It should be noted that I believe Atlus does Financial years that end in July. So the "first half" would be Aug 07 to Jan 08. And the "second half" is Feb 08 to July 08.

Edit: EO2 is coming out in Japan in Feb.

Mandoric

Banned
kay said:
They probably mean FES
I hope :(

FES was the second half of last year for them.

The project numbers that we can know---1H releases---match up. Not sure about 9 projects for 2H, though, but we'll see.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
duckroll said:

Edit: EO2 is coming out in Japan in Feb.

Isn't it generally accepted that a fiscal year should be numbered based on the calendar year it starts in rather than the calendar year it ends in? That's what threw me for a loop.

For example, I file my 2006 taxes in April 2007, and I have the choice to either file for calendar January-January or calendar April-April.

duckroll

Stumpokapow said:
Isn't it generally accepted that a fiscal year should be numbered based on the calendar year it starts in rather than the calendar year it ends in? That's what threw me for a loop.

For example, I file my 2006 taxes in April 2007, and I have the choice to either file for calendar January-January or calendar April-April.

The text doesn't actually say 2008. Mandoric is a bad accountant! :)

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Seems like a smart move for them. But I would'nt be surprised by a Wii port announcement down the line.

Teasel

Dascu said:
:lol Next-gen am cry.

They might as well make a Wii version (or PSP version).

yeah they are already making a double ps2/wii version with baroque so i don't see why it couldn't happen

Mandoric

Banned
Stumpokapow said:

The original phrasing didn't actually contain year numbers; however, the financials posted on their site invariably refer to "the year ending in July of Heisei 20" rather than "beginning in August of Heisei 19".

duckroll

It should be noted, P3 Fes was announced last year in the first week of Dec. If they really plan on doing yearly Personas to cash in on the brand now that it's HOT, then we're already a week overdue for an announcement. Maybe tomorrow's Famitsu! :eek:

birdchili

never assume you're buying your last full price ps2 game, i suppose.

another body blow for next current gen rpgs though.

kay

Pureauthor said:
Perhaps you're thinking of the mainline Shin Megami Tensei series?

I bet it was the people claiming it would come out on PS3 as a fact. Persona 3 was released after the announcement for megaten on PS3 in 2005, Atlus did not know of the game's success and likely are trying for a quick cash in here.

Kyoufu

This news is perfect testament as to why Japan is failing. They'll be stuck on PS2 hardware for another 10 years.

Kyoufu said:
This news is perfect testament as to why Japan is failing. They'll be stuck on PS2 hardware for another 10 years.

Actually, given the Japanese market, they'll be stuck on portable N64 hardware.

Who cares, though. HD gaming can go bite it.

News spilled by bloomberg? Weird :/

Maybe this is just the old news that they are going milk...errr, that Etrian Odyssey and Persona are on their list to spend more resources into it.

Mandoric

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
News spilled by bloomberg? Weird :/

Maybe this is just the old news that they are going milk...errr, that Etrian Odyssey and Persona are on their list to spend more resources into it.

It specifically says Persona 4, and they've already confirmed a new Etrian title releasing in that timeframe.

Kyoufu said:
You wouldn't say that if you were given a taste of HD roleplaying.

Right now, my plate is empty.

Why in the world would I want HD roleplaying? It's basically the same RPGs I could get on my DS, PS2, or a PSP, but prettier. And in 2/3 of the cases, I sacrifice portability. No, thanks.

I'm sorry, are there any terms you would like me to clarify?

Mamesj

Banned
oo Kosma oo said:

HD gaming....it can go bite it. :lol

I think I might be in agreement, as far as consoles go (ummm...I'm still setting my PC to 1280x720 though ;) ) I mean, Japan isn't going to explode if the PS2 and Wii dominate--if the 360 and PS3 take a back seat for the next few years while games are churned out to non-HD, but more popular, consoles, they'll be in some interesting new territory for the game industry (which has always relied on the newest and best stuff with high profile, cutting edge releases.)

Back on topic....lets hope the lead is Chihiro ;_;

Mamesj said:
HD gaming....it can go bite it. :lol

I think I might be in agreement, as far as consoles go (ummm...I'm still setting my PC to 1280x720 though ;) ) I mean, Japan isn't going to explode if the PS2 and Wii dominate--if the 360 and PS3 take a back seat for the next few years while games are churned out to non-HD, but more popular, consoles, they'll be in some interesting new territory for the game industry (which has always relied on the newest and best stuff with high profile, cutting edge releases.)

Back on topic....lets hope the lead is Chihiro ;_;
No Maya?

Kyoufu

Pureauthor said:
Why in the world would I want HD roleplaying? It's basically the same RPGs I could get on my DS, PS2, or a PSP, but prettier. And in 2/3 of the cases, I sacrifice portability. No, thanks.

Gee I don't know, maybe improvement in the gameplay formula? How long will you play FF and DQ remakes on your DS?

Give me FFXIII next-gen semen goodness.

Philthy

They are probably just stuck in a holding pattern wondering what is going on with the industry right now.

Top Bottom