• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Gravity - The Plague of Mind: Indie PSP space shooter hotness

b40c42a11776b1e2e0a33d8.jpg

Searched, etc.

Trailer

I have seen surprisingly little love for this game, especially at it's position and price point. It's a fully 3D, third person, arcadey space shooter up on PSN, and I challenge you to name a prettier PSP game on the service. The developers, Realtech-VR, have been pretty big in the PSP homebrew scene for a while, and this game in particular was planned for a public release through that route, I suppose until more information about PSN implementation on the PSP came out. I think it's great that they're getting paid for this release, I've certainly been having a blast with it. The story itself is throwaway (so much so that I can't even recall it now :lol ) but the gameplay is fun, mostly just flying around and shooting/dodging in SPAAAACE.

Quick summary: $9.99 PSP third person arcade space shooter on PSN, buy it.

Edit: Demo for those interested, works with custom firmware. Note that this is from 2006.

no-gravity-the-plague-of-mind-20080729103444535_640w.jpg
3309418899_b0457b9531.jpg

I can see how it can get boring, especially as a "main" game, but I'm finding it to be pretty fun to break out for five minutes and cruise through a mission or two. Enemy encounters so far are pretty simple, with the auto-aim very much asserting its presence. $9.99 may be a bit much, but it's certainly not as bad as some things up on XBL for that price :lol

Peronthious said:
I can see how it can get boring, especially as a "main" game, but I'm finding it to be pretty fun to break out for five minutes and cruise through a mission or two. Enemy encounters so far are pretty simple, with the auto-aim very much asserting its presence. $9.99 may be a bit much, but it's certainly not as bad as some things up on XBL for that price :lol
This is not a compelling sales pitch. There are strains of flesh-eating bacteria that aren't as bad as some things up on XBL.

Segata Sanshiro said:
This is not a compelling sales pitch. There are strains of flesh-eating bacteria that aren't as bad as some things up on XBL.

touche' =P

I seem to remember a demo of the game floating around a couple years back, should work fine on modern custom firmware. Google, a'hoy.

Edit: And found, OT updated.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Peronthious said:
Quick summary: Unenjoyable $9.99 PSP third person arcade space shooter on PSN, don't buy it.
I bought this the night it came out. Fixed your summary.

tass0

Banned
hmm, a friend of mines friend is one of the developers, last I heard he was looking for a publisher... a guess he found one..

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
tass0 said:
hmm, a friend of mines friend is one of the developers, last I heard he was looking for a publisher... a guess he found one..

Yeah, quite some time ago, actually.

Why would you make the enemy boxes red when the entire background is made of shades of red and the entire screen turns into a red blur on turbo? Also, why is the HUD impossible to see? Couldn't the blue font be turned into a neon blue font? Plus, when you turn on the game you have to Press Start - Press Play - Then select New / Load. Can't you just bring that stuff to the top?

Also, I love how the game has "entitlements" - just bring trophies already

All that said, when I went into turbo and rolled between two enemies missiles and responded with my own missile and then ran right through the enemy's bright explosion I was having a good time

Picked this back up today - Any tips for mission 3?

I beat the mothership
I beat the baby ships
I destroyed the shield generator
I destroyed something else

All with no save point - And I still had 37 objectives remaining :(

Mejilan said:
I think the original computer game, of which this is a sequel, is freeware.
http://www.nogravitythegame.com/classic/download.html
I thought the psp game was ok, nothing really special. the only really REAL bad part was the awful sound. extremely annoying sound effects. but ok game. that old pc version is terrible however.

also.. execom I love you and your bad art.

tass0 said:
is that to say realtech is more than one person now? :O

Top Bottom