• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CRACKDOWN 2 ANNOUNCED

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
NinjaFridge said:
The voice over guy was shit, he always said shit that was irrelevant or that was about 5 mins too late.

mn2oo8.jpg

I can see my house from here!

soldat7

NinjaFridge said:
The voice over guy was shit, he always said shit that was irrelevant or that was about 5 mins too late.

He got annoying after a while, but for the first couple of hours he was fine. I'm sure they'll make improvements to him as well. ;)

NG28

I don't want to start a new thread to ask about this and I suck with search so this is the best thread I could find to ask.

Is there no new game option in crackdown? I got an itching to play it again after screwing around in gta4 and not having much fun, so I popped in crackdown to start all over again, only to realize I can't find an option for doing so. Am I blind, or can someone help me out?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
i'm not 100% sure, but I think your only options are playing it on a different profile or deleting your old save

there's always the option to reset all gang activity, but that may not be what you're looking for

NG28 said:
I don't want to start a new thread to ask about this and I suck with search so this is the best thread I could find to ask.

Is there no new game option in crackdown? I got an itching to play it again after screwing around in gta4 and not having much fun, so I popped in crackdown to start all over again, only to realize I can't find an option for doing so. Am I blind, or can someone help me out?
You can resurrect gangs, but not reset skills. I wish you could reset skills.

NG28

Thanks guys. Looks like I'll have to delete my save as I want to level everything up again. It's kind of odd that they don't give you an option to start over again from scratch.

Dabanton

You could just play the Keys To The City DLC as that resets everything but i don't think you can save your progress...

Aaron

NG28 said:
Thanks guys. Looks like I'll have to delete my save as I want to level everything up again. It's kind of odd that they don't give you an option to start over again from scratch.
You can always just create a new profile, and play under that if you don't want to delete your save.

pr0cs

NinjaFridge said:
He wasn't shit, just the games determination of when to use the narrator was sometimes a bit odd.
For me I find the narrator as much of the game as the orb sound.

Ruffian has big shoes to fill really, first time out and presenting a sequel to one of the best 360 titles to date. Hopefully they take it seriously and lurk the forums for ideas on what made the original so great.

With the rumor of 4 player coop they're on the right track.

JdFoX187

Banned
Part of the appeal of Crackdown was the voice over's horrible timing. I laughed my ass off every time he said "I can see my house from here" when I was in the garage.

mikanko

They should include beta vouchers for Crackdown 2 in copies of ODST!

'cept then I might want to get ODST =/

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
BobFromPikeCreek said:
You can resurrect gangs, but not reset skills. I wish you could reset skills.
It would be super cool if in the new game you can reset skills, and then when you build them back up you get like a special something or other like the prestige in CoD4.

New info from Game Informer.

qxnf5v.jpg

-Dynamic Civilian Events (Example: A man trying to sell something in the day, getting marauded in the night. And the Agency will put up signs saying "play dead when you see an Infected". Lulz ensue.)

-Support Points are gone, Agents can now call in for ammo and supplies anytime and anywhere.

-The game looks much more detailed and grittier, but still keeps the "cartoony" look we all love so very much.

-Vehicles like Trucks or Buses have room for a mounted turret, which makes them great for getting around in Co-Op.

-More variations in weapons, meaning people have more to choose from than just the homing rocket launcher.

-Most of the civilian cars in the game are the same, but reskinned and armed with armor and weapons to survive in the new hazards of city life.

-The Cell (a gang) is composed of ordinary citizens just wanting to reclaim the city from your team (the good guys). You take them out, and reclaim their turn for the Agency.

-More instances where Co-Op play is prudent.

-The city hasn't changed in architect, all the roads are the same. Some buildings have been demolished and other small things, but over all it's the same city.

-You'll obtain skill orbs by using abilities relevant to your character.

-Four player Co-Op

-16 player Competitive Multiplayer. Tons of fun. Players collect special weapons, bonuses, and gadgets. Progression system like CoD4.

-Melee attacks are much more varied a fluid.

-Key to the City DLC is a go!

-The freaks evolve over time, making them MUCH more fearsome as the game progresses.

-All repetitiveness is completely removed. And less shitty boss battles.

-Doing missions in the day or night has a huge effect. At night, the freaks come out to play.

-City decays over time from the infection.

-New Agency helicopter and other vehicles. All old Agency vehicles returning.

-A lot more weapon variety. New powerful shotgun, Rail Gun, and sticky grenades.

-More precise targeting system. Skill is rewarded.

-Much more defining detail in all aspects of the game.

NEW INFO: Backstory

Okay, so we all know after Crackdown 1 we defeated all 3 of the gangs, and we were congratulated. "Peace at Last" it said. It couldn't have been more wrong. As the Agency took over, things went to hell. A new zombie-like virus had broken out in parts of the city, and the Agency was doing a poor job at covering it up. People found out, got sick of the Agency's bullshit, and revolted. The civilian gang called themselves the Cell, and soon after the revolted, they destroyed the agent program, almost completely crippling the Agency. But now, they've fixed it, and it's time you take the city back in a 3 way war.

G_Berry

Banned
Fuck this game will kick some ASS!

More orbs to collect! MORE MOOOOORE BWAHAHAAHAHHHAHAAAaaaAAAA..... BAHAHAHAHHAAA!!!!

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
-The city hasn't changed in architect, all the roads are the same. Some buildings have been demolished and other small things, but over all it's the same city.

-You'll obtain skill orbs by using abilities relevant to your character.

Not sure I'm happy about those points. Give me a new location (with much, much bigger things to scale) and good old regular agility orbs.

mr_nothin

Banned
Witchfinder General said:
Not sure I'm happy about those points. Give me a new location (with much, much bigger things to scale) and good old regular agility orbs.
But there's a different team. I'm not sure if they could have pulled it off as well. As long as things are varied enough it should be fine.

Nothing that DLC can't fix. Isn't that this gen's motto?

Aaron

I loved the old city and thought the first game didn't use it nearly enough, so having it return is not a minus for me at all. People should remember that progression doesn't sound different from the first. Most abilities were gained by doing. It doesn't really rule out the return of agility orbs, or secret orbs.

One, I think it was already hinted at that there would be a massive amount of new verticality added to the city (it was assumed to be an underground half of the city) as well changes to the old cityscape. I think it'll be half 'n half so as to have familiarity of the old but with new stuff to take advantage of the new/changed gameplay elements.

Two, I don't think they're going to get rid of one of the most universally-acclaimed parts of the original Crackdown experience, the orb hunting.

TheFallen

I don't see how it being the same city would be a problem? Take a look at Infamous. Some of the environments are littered with trash and makeshift structures, I could see them doing that on top of buildings here. Where's your imagination? :D

ShogunX

We need some new gameplay screens. I absolutely adore Crackdown and it still owns the shit out of every Free roaming game ever made, Prototype and Infamous included.

Twig

Banned
Ugh I'm so pumped for this game but since I have no friends who would both a) buy it and b) pay for Live at the same time... ):

I might be willing to FINALLY pay for Gold to play this online co-op. Until I'm done, of course. Nothing else worth playing online that I can't get elsewhere.

That aside, love the sound of the game. Sort of disappointed it's the same city, but hell I don't even remember it at this point. Bring it.

szaromir

Banned
Aaron said:
Most abilities were gained by doing. It doesn't really rule out the return of agility orbs, or secret orbs.
They'll be back for sure, they were already in the trailer (or at least the sound fo a nearby orb? don't remember exactly).

It wouldn't hurt if they added a new island or something though. :/

Rikyfree

Shogun PaiN said:
We need some new gameplay screens. I absolutely adore Crackdown and it still owns the shit out of every Free roaming game ever made, Prototype and Infamous included in my opinion.
FTFY. <3 Crackdown

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
TheFallen said:
I don't see how it being the same city would be a problem? Take a look at Infamous. Some of the environments are littered with trash and makeshift structures, I could see them doing that on top of buildings here. Where's your imagination? :D

Yeah, but of Crackdown's majesty was scaling and observing heretofore unspoiled vistas.

xbhaskarx

-Crackdown 2 info

Yes!

NOOO!

Top Bottom