• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat for Vita confirmed!

galian beast said:
I think this is more evidence that a lot of 3rd party support is there, but just simply hasn't been announced yet.

It seems like Sony is just allowing third party devs to announce their games when they're ready.

Animator

galian beast said:
I think this is more evidence that a lot of 3rd party support is there, but just simply hasn't been announced yet.

Did people think there was not going to be any third party support for vita or something?

SolidSnakex said:
It seems like Sony is just allowing third party devs to announce their games when they're ready.

Exactly. I think we're going to see them all really trickle in, perhaps more of a big announcement at TGS before the Japanese launch though.

Animator said:
Did people think there was not going to be any third party support for vita or something?

people had serious doubts based on the PSP's amount of support. They were worried about the lack of 3rd party support announced at E3.

crimzonflame said:
Weren't the developers of MK the first to leak the news of the new PSP?

Yeah if I remember correctly ed boon was one of the first. this was back when we were getting shadows and rumors.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love that Boon was playing SF vs Tekken. Seriously Capcom, get to him about a crossover. He's obviously willing; you're the problem here

Definitely ready for this and Blazblue - need that fighting game fix! - and even though it won't be anything like playing on an arcade stick i'm sure I'll be able to transfer any new skills I pick up when i'm playing on consoles.

GrayFoxPL

infinityBCRT said:
I've gotta believe that they are at least thinking about pitching MK X SF for MK10 to Capcom.

"Thinking?" He was directly stating it for the last couple of years.

He said "I'd like/love to do mk vs sf crossover." almost as many times as he said "This time we're bringing MK to the roots. Dark and gritty."(hint: since MK4).

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
BlazingDarkness said:
Yeah I believe they were the first to hint about the dev kits or something
Oh yeah, I remember that. Given they've had dev kits for a while I wonder if we'll see MK close to launch.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Slayven said:
Was devs waiting for Vita's reception before showing their cards?
Well, the rumors state that final GPUs didn't head out until somewhere between January and March this year, so I think a lot of them are just waiting for their games to look better.

Like, if you compare how a lot of Vita games looked at the PlayStation Meeting to how they look now, the difference is pretty huge, and Sony's developers would be some of the first to get the new dev kits.

DiscoJer

klee123 said:
There was always a group of people spelling doom and gloom on the handheld.

Yes, from people who owned PSPs and saw the Western third party support start off pretty "meh" and dwindle down to virtually nothing.

And given the higher costs of developing on PSV, and the lower profit margin on games (thanks to it using carts), I think people have every right to be skeptical of third party support.

And a handful of ports at launch is hardly evidence it will get strong third party support from the West. Let's see how it's going in 3 years, when the PS4/Xbox 3 is out, and quick ports are no longer easy.

(I'm not saying the PSV is doomed, but just be realistic going into it. IMHO, the best hope is strong Japanese support, just like it was for the PSP...)

MrMephistoX

zoner said:
I love that Boon was playing SF vs Tekken. Seriously Capcom, get to him about a crossover. He's obviously willing; you're the problem here

Yeah he always mentioned how much he likes Street Fighter. Hell let the Capcom folks have free reign and use the characters. Methinks the X-ray attacks would fit in well if Capcom has objections to fatalities.

Considering Neatherrealm was one of the first developers to straight up say "Hey we got PSP2 kits," this isn't that surprising.

It does explain what the "I saw a game for a new system and it looked amazing" thing Gerstmann mentioned a while back was.

NEO0MJ

DiscoJer said:
And a handful of ports at launch is hardly evidence it will get strong third party support from the West. Let's see how it's going in 3 years, when the PS4/Xbox 3 is out, and quick ports are no longer easy.

Yeah, something that's helping the PSV right now is how easy it is to port PS3 games to it. I can imagine less games being released for it by the time next gen consoles arrive, but as long as it has a strong install base support will stick.

Huff

Banned
Colocho said:
Well, this cements the Vita's superiority over the 3DS (as if it needed more cementing).

people are still saying the the launch window games for the Vita is lacking. outside of a big RPG (which it still may have), I'm not sure what else people want for this thing.

DMPrince said:
i hope not. he's already in SFxT

Thats the joke. Unless you were joking. And then I am the joke

Top Bottom