• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Bumping this thread to page 51 so I don't have to load each and every image in the OP everytime I open this thread.

THANK GOD.

Chuck

Still without luck
We still need a tagline/subtitle whatever. This can be the voting page. The nominees so far:

Furry-GAF |OT| Bring a leash

CHEEZMO™;60429713 said:
FurryGAF |OT| A cat is fine too

Scalies are fine too

FurryGAF [OT] "They should have sent a veterinarian."

I'm partial to "FurryGAF |OT| Awaken your Fursona!"

How about "FurryGAF |OT| Wait, GAF has furries?!"

FurryGAF |OT| Furries Unleashed!

And if anyone has another better one, just say it and if other like it say you like it.

Veterinarian - it's unique :)

Random monster image from FFT:

a7Y1scf.jpg

I have a strong desire to continue my FFTA2 playthrough, but eeeeh, games

I'd just like to say, I enjoy playing Altered Beast. That being said, I've only ever played the Genesis version. Should I try the arcade version? I know it's available on VCA.

I've never played either version, but it's pretty much a rule that console ports are always inferior to the arcade originals. You should definitely try out the arcade version.

As for the subtitle, I'm going to vote for

How about "FurryGAF |OT| Wait, GAF has furries?!"

If everything followed that rule, Contra wouldn't have existed as a series.

Well, I haven't actually played the arcade games (I'm waiting until I get a 360 for that) but I think it's pretty clear that the arcade Contras are better than the NES conversions. Contra 3 and Hard Corps (which I have played) are likely better than both, but they aren't arcade-to-console ports anyway.

Well, I don't have time for a proper introduction, so I'll keep this concise.

Yo Furries, sup?

Hey.

Refyref

FFT(A) series has so many good designs. FFXII too, I guess, since it's based on the same world.

Well, I haven't actually played the arcade games (I'm waiting until I get a 360 for that) but I think it's pretty clear that the arcade Contras are better than the NES conversions. Contra 3 and Hard Corps (which I have played) are likely better than both, but they aren't arcade-to-console ports anyway.

Contra 1 NES is far better than the arcade game. Super C is pretty good on both. Contra 3 and Hard Corps don't have arcade versions (other than arcade hardware running the originals) and it's up to your taste whether they are better than the first two, since they have a bit different focus. I prefer the first two.

Contra 4 is better than them all.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
i kinda want to revert to my original sly avatar, but it has no charisma!

Thought if somebody was bored...they could draw me one ^_^

I haven't played the Contra games, though I 'know' of the SNES one due to osmosis (read a walkthrough of the game in a games magazine).

One of my favorite arcade games that I haven't beaten is Metal Slug. Man, that series has good sprite work.

I hear d-pad takes requests...but only in the IRC channel...
Sneaky :p

Refyref

I love Contra, but don't care much for Metal Slug, despite being similar.

Oh yeah, if you haven't seen Wolf Children aka Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki yet, do so.

Is there an English version, or at least a version with subs? I really want to see this.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Well, If anyone wants to volunteer, that'd be cool..

If not, could somebody point me towards some artwork for some inspiration ^_^

anyways im off to sleep, night guys! :)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
does mercenary kings have furries

Also there was this sprite-based mmo and you can be a bird there

EDIT: Scott-Pilgrim artstyle and humor

KILL IT WITH FIRE

FFT(A) series has so many good designs. FFXII too, I guess, since it's based on the same world.

Bangaa are the best.

Contra 1 NES is far better than the arcade game. Super C is pretty good on both. Contra 3 and Hard Corps don't have arcade versions (other than arcade hardware running the originals) and it's up to your taste whether they are better than the first two, since they have a bit different focus. I prefer the first two.

Contra 4 is better than them all.

I haven't played the original arcade Contras, just the NES ones, so I can't really argue this point too hard, but just from watching videos, the arcade versions have better graphics and it seems like they have better pacing, too. But Contra might not be the best example, since I haven't played the arcade games. I can say firsthand that the original arcade versions of games like Forgotten Worlds, Final Fight, Captain Commando, and the first two Ghosts 'n Goblins games are all better than their console ports. I'm also not arguing that game series get worse or better when they make the jump from arcade to console, just that if you have the choice between playing an arcade game or playing its console downport, there's not really any reason to pick the port.

I haven't played the Contra games, though I 'know' of the SNES one due to osmosis (read a walkthrough of the game in a games magazine).

One of my favorite arcade games that I haven't beaten is Metal Slug. Man, that series has good sprite work.

Sneaky :p

Yeah, I definitely want to play a Metal Slug eventually. They look really great.

If you know where to look, yes :p

Anyhow, the games I happened to play the most in arcades are:

Hydro Thunder
Cruisin' USA
Time Crisis
Metal Slug
Aero Fighters
Brave Firefighters (at a Chuck E. Cheese)

Out of those, Hydro Thunder and Aero Fighters were my favorites. That throttle was something ...

I used to play a ton of The Simpsons, TMNT, and The Avengers. Nowadays I can't really get into any of those, though, and instead I prefer Capcom's beat-em-ups.

Refyref

Bangaa are pretty good, yes.

I mostly play House of the Dead/2 in arcades, because that's what I can find locally that I care about. Arcade racers are too expensive. Although I want to try the Cruis'n USA and Outrun 2 machines I found.

As for Contra arcade, my issues with it is that the controls aren't as fluid as the NES version, and the second half of the game is pretty messy. But yea, I'm gonna go get the VCA version of Altered Beast, anyway.

Chuck

Still without luck
We want more of a variety in the OP, so for each artist I'm going to need at least 1 pic that isn't just a menacing looking, bodyfatless dood. kthx :3

Top Bottom