• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gunman Clive Sales: 3DS > Android > iOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Just bought copy number 3 for my son's DS. He wanted the game, after watching me play mine.

AzVal

It's R$ 2.99 on brazilian eshop. So... brought!

I Just noticed! every other game is overpriced by 50% or so when compared to us prices but this one is 25% cheaper!!! I wonder if Beril can tell us about this.

the only thing the game need is publicity, never heard of it before this thread but I was sold on it like 15 seconds into the trailer

Marz

Game is awesome and your awesome for sharing this with us. Laughed when I saw NintendoLife run an article on this topic and they cited NeoGaf lol I guess websites do get a lot of their news from GAF.

spwolf

cool stuff... it seems for small publishers, unless Apple or Google push you up with free promotions, there is little you can do.

Boney

Banned
I Just noticed! every other game is overpriced by 50% or so when compared to us prices but this one is 25% cheaper!!! I wonder if Beril can tell us about this.

the only thing the game need is publicity, never heard of it before this thread but I was sold on it like 15 seconds into the trailer

Huh?

All eshop games are like 20% cheaper or so, except for retail releases which are like 50% more expensive

Just a quick question Beril....

Has NoA updated their policy to the allow pricing decided by developers and developer determined sales as you suggested was already the case in Europe on the 3DS?

plc268

Just bought your game. I also bought it on iOS way back, but didn't care much for it because of touch screen controls.

watershed

Banned
Damn, looking at the charts in the OP I had no idea the Google Play Store was such a big market though I suppose it makes sense with Android being as popular as it is.

atbigelow

Grabbed it for my android tab and my friend's DS. Definitely liking the 3D effects. Gonna give it a play through on my N7 with a dual shock attached. I really wish more devs supported hardware controls a (hello Square Enix)

The Play numbers are also very encouraging.

mj1108

I've been out of the loop on new releases for the last couple weeks. Didn't know about this game until this thread. Watched the video on the e-shop - looked like a lot of fun. +1 sale for the 3DS. Really loving this title! Great job and thank you!

Mael

That's good to hear. Have we heard of other eShop successes?

I think Mighty Switch Force did good considering it got a WiiU version and I recall seing here that WayForward was more than happy about how their games were doing on the eShop (which reminds me I need to make a LTTP thread about that glorious Batman game they did on Wii/DS).

Murrah

Banned
Bought the eShop version day one, really happy with it and glad to see your success. I definitely wanna see updated numbers after this story is done making the rounds on Nintendo corners of the internet

hyp

I didn't like the game at all so much so i deleted it off my iPod Touch.

It's way too simplistic, from the music, sound effects, platforming, level design, enemies, animations, the way you die to the weapon powerups. The only thing it's got going for it in my opinion is a decent artstyle. Also does bumping into a duck seriously do damage to me?

glad I'm not the only one. it's a cute tribute to mega man but doesn't hold my attention.

Evenflow

Got on the eshop, picked it up, nice game. It's number 6 on the top sellers list that's at the bottom of the eshop(US). Neogaf bump?

Got on the eshop, picked it up, nice game. It's number 6 on the top sellers list that's at the bottom of the eshop(US). Neogaf bump?

Yup, I quoted it earlier in the thread yesterday as number 7. Lets keep bumping this baby into the top 5!!

Hmm, I didn't realise the charts updated in real time.

EDIT: or are they updated once a day?

I just checked again, my fault, while it is true that it is the sixth game displayed in the top sellers tab, under the charts section it still holds its 7th place under the recent release spot.
Sorry :(

Tiu Neo

It's a great game, got it a few days ago, and recommended it to every friend that has a 3DS.

Yes, that's interessing. Nintendo games are, sometimes, almost 100% more expensive on the Brazillian eShop :( Did you set the price, Beril? If so, thank you for thinking about your third world brothers :D

Amazing price (pretty sure it's the lowest priced game on the Australian eShop - DSiWare included) and a really solid little platformer. I loved my time with Gunman Clive. Glad to see it doing well!

BDGAME

It's a great game, got it a few days ago, and recommended it to every friend that has a 3DS.

Yes, that's interessing. Nintendo games are, sometimes, almost 100% more expensive on the Brazillian eShop :( Did you set the price, Beril? If so, thank you for thinking about your third world brothers :D

Read Boney response:

Huh?

All eshop games are like 20% cheaper or so, except for retail releases which are like 50% more expensive

Off: Boney, de onde é seu avatar?

Zarovitch

I've start it yesterday and it's seem really good so far.
I start it in hard mode i wonder if i'll play it that way until the end.

DaBoss

Played this yesterday, and it reminds me of Megaman a lot, which is not a bad thing at all. The placement of the enemies and platforms is so good. It really keeps you on your toes. Played through up to the 2nd world's boss, but it froze sadly, hope you can get that fixed. It's a great game.

Tiu Neo

Read Boney response:

Last time I saw, the difference wasn't that big, most games where $1 = R$2... which is a bit cheaper nowdays, but not as cheap as 30%. Cool, maybe I'll get more 3DS digital games now :p

bought this game yesterday, love how it looks in 3d with the artstyle. Great gameplay too, agree with the consensus that it is very mega man-ish

GC|Simon

I got the game for 3DS a while ago (Europe) and loved it. I'm glad to see that game game is doing well and you actually earn some money with it.

Rehynn

Played this yesterday, and it reminds me of Megaman a lot, which is not a bad thing at all. The placement of the enemies and platforms is so good. It really keeps you on your toes. Played through up to the 2nd world's boss, but it froze sadly, hope you can get that fixed. It's a great game.

Oh, it's definitely a Western-style love letter to Mega Man, I think you'll love the later stages!
Turn off the 3D at the second boss.

I finished the game today on Medium, enjoyed it a lot, will go back to finish Hard mode and
Duck mode

I actually have two game ideas that might work as cheap eShop titles, this thread and the game have actually inspired me to seek out partners for the projects.

Platy

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Fanart

uuNZTD1.png

She is called Shizue

Lyude77

Good to hear the good news, and hopefully Nintendo will give your game a feature on the eShop.

I'm gonna get this on Friday because I want to feel like I got a game for my birthday, haha.

tkscz

Congrats, I'll be sure to download the game once I get home, so there goes another sale for the eshop version.

M3d10n

All eShop-only games seem to have a fixed price conversion from US->Brazil. All $1.99 games in the US eShop cost R$2,99 in the Brazil eShop.

It's the retail games where the publisher can set a different price (Nintendo's own being the most expensive).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom