• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crimson Dragon (XBLA/Kinect) - New game info + videos [Project Draco renamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Someone uploaded the 22 minute Crimson Dragon presentation Nico was streaming earlier back onto Nico. You can watch it here: http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm17087530

The new trailer starts at 1:35 in the presentation. The Opening for the game is shown at 3:24. Gameplay demo starts at 12:19.

The trailer confirms that the composer for Crimson Dragon is Saori Kobayashi. :D

Edit: I've cut out the relevant parts and uploaded the videos to Youtube. Enjoy!

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XItU6lre9x4

Opening Cutscene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyh8iMQODak

Gameplay Demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYQHvtrslSQ

Info:

the game looked like it controlled pretty good on stage, I don't have any experience with kinect. It was hard to hear the music in the stream.

another pic
cvxfreak said:
Futatsugi: Crimson Dragon co-developed with Land Ho and "past coworkers" ランド・ホー!

5254288676el11.jpg

Crimson Dragon will have a total of 7 worlds, 6 playable dragons, and over 100 skills. It will also feature up to 3 players co-op over Xbox Live.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201202/26010635.html

Playable Dragons

Good news for those asking about different dragon types. They showed 3 playable dragon types out of the 6 at the event today: Blood Skin, Dark Shoulder, and Snow Wing. Blood Skin is the initial dragon, and the "crimson dragon" the title refers to. It is the standard initial dragon with balanced stats. Dark Shoulder is a lower mobility dragon with higher defense. Snow Wing is a dragon which is more effective at using skills.

Designs:
ho7es.jpg

uP4Gj.jpg

WAiOP.jpg

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20120226_514845.html

Dy8QB.jpg

O26oI.jpg

JGJtE.jpg

MI7T2.jpg

iQkVn.jpg

J9cLH.jpg

Natiko

Banned
3 player coop? That sounds pretty awesome. Definitely hoping to pick this up when/if it comes stateside.

Dascu

Watching the video right now... It looks amazing. Ugh, I'll have to ask a friend with a Kinect to play it.

iceatcs

Not bad but look like most of gameplays are on the rail shooter.
Hope any levels aren't too long. I might need my arm rent.

Not liking the art direction of the environments but it looks really good overall for a kinect game.

Does make sense as an on-rail shooter.

szaromir

Banned
The creature design is fantastic. Combined with the overall enjoyable Panzer Dragoon gameplay should make a great experience.

Shiloa

I can't watch the video yet but can someone tell me if the gameplay segment shown is actually someone playing the game or just a video of gameplay?

S1kkZ

The event was co-sponsored by MS and Capcom. Capcom had Dragon's Dogma, RE: ORC, and Steel Battalion Kinect at the event, while MS had Crimson Dragon and Diabolical Pitch at the event.

do you think we will get some steel battalion footage today?

The gameplay demo level looks fantastic, leave it to the remnants of Team Andromeda to make game environments I want to play in.

Chronoja

∀ Narayan;35488920 said:
This is a Panzer Dragoon game.

I sort of wish you people would stop alluding to this being a "Panzer Dragoon" game.

A few developers, on rails gameplay and a few (unbelievably ugly) dragons does not a Panzer Dragoon game make.

Unless I am mistaken, there is nothing about this game that is directly linked to the Panzer Dragoon universe, it's all merely "inspired" by.

Now, I'd be happy to be corrected. If someone, somewhere has stated clearly this all takes place in the same universe, but so far nothing about Crimson Dragon makes it a "Panzer Dragoon" game aside from similiar gameplay to 1 and Zwei and Orta. What this game cries out to me is that they wanted to make a proper PD game but were too uncertain about applying the brand to a kinect tech demo, thus we get this "inspiration"

Note also, I'm not saying the game will be bad or anything. I'm sure it will do well on it's own merits. But as a Panzer Dragoon game? No...it isn't

Elginer

I sort of wish you people would stop alluding to this being a "Panzer Dragoon" game.

A few developers, on rails gameplay and a few (unbelievably ugly) dragons does not a Panzer Dragoon game make.

Unless I am mistaken, there is nothing about this game that is directly linked to the Panzer Dragoon universe, it's all merely "inspired" by.

Now, I'd be happy to be corrected. If someone, somewhere has stated clearly this all takes place in the same universe, but so far nothing about Crimson Dragon makes it a "Panzer Dragoon" game aside from similiar gameplay to 1 and Zwei and Orta. What this game cries out to me is that they wanted to make a proper PD game but were too uncertain about applying the brand to a kinect tech demo, thus we get this "inspiration"

Note also, I'm not saying the game will be bad or anything. I'm sure it will do well on it's own merits. But as a Panzer Dragoon game? No...it isn't

Or maybe you know Sega owns the IP and this similar to a Demon's Souls/ Dark Souls situation. Sega isn't funding a new proper Panzer sequel but MS was willing to invest in a Panzer Dragoon type game. It may not have the same universe but from everything we've seen it's very much a Panzer game in everything but name alone. It's its own stand alone world but still very Panzer.

duckroll

Crimson Dragon is not "inspired by" Panzer Dragoon. It is a new dragon riding rail shooter set in a scifi/fantasy planet with a story involving dragons being bio-engineered as transport and weapons, and it is made by the creator, designer, director, and composer of Panzer Dragoon.

It is the same people who wrote, designed, and created everything that made Panzer Dragoon what it is. The world concept, the story, the music, the gameplay, the art, etc. Pretty much every single person who created Panzer Dragoon originally is making this game. It also looks like Panzer Dragoon, has a similar setting to Panzer Dragoon, and most importantly plays like Panzer Dragoon.

It is not a "Kinect tech demo" either. It is a full fledged XBLA game with 7 worlds, each with a number of stages within it. 6 playable dragon types. Over 100 different skills that the dragons can learn. It has online leaderboards, and co-op multiplayer with up to 3 players over Xbox Live. There are cutscenes, bosses, voice acting, etc.

No, this is not a Panzer Dragoon sequel. But in every meaningful way it is the spiritual successor to Panzer Dragoon because the original copyright lies with Sega, and Sega is no longer interested in funding a new Panzer Dragoon game. Microsoft is. Go figure.

Here's who's making the game:

Director: Yukio Futatsugi (Director of Panzer Dragoon and Panzer Dragoon Saga, creator of Panzer Dragoon)
Concept Artist: Manabu Kusunoki (Lead artist and character/dragon designer for the Panzer Dragoon series)
Lead Designer: Tomohiro Kondo (Producer of Panzer Dragoon, Director of Panzer Dragoon Zwei)
Sound: Saori Kobayashi (Composer of the Panzer Dragoon series)

Developers: Grounding (Yukio Futatsugi's studio with ex-Sega and MS employees) and Land Ho (Tomohiro Kondo leads the consumer development studio here with ex-Sega staff, they also worked on the Sega Ages release for Panzer Dragoon)

This is not a copy-cat, it is the people who created Panzer Dragoon simply creating it again because they got another chance.

Turfster

Wow. Thanks duckroll, both for telling me about this and for reupping it to youtube so I don't have to use the horrible nico player!

Kyoufu

I bought a Japanese Xbox for Orta. I guess I'm buying a Kinect for this too, unfortunately.

Not going to be happy but...fuck, I need this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom