• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just finished the Ferrari. The way it comes together in the second half of the build with the differently angled panels is great, and the little touches like the cut outs on the bonnet/hood using clips is genius.

How does that stage 3 fairing/command module section work? Do you get a spare lander that sits inside stage 3 and you can flip the command module around to dock with it? Because the top looks white not grey so I'm a bit confused how it all fits together

It looks like it only comes with one printed command module, and one plain white one. Which is....unfortunate? I appreciate having the water landing mini build but I would really prefer to have a proper printed command module on the 3rd stage as well as the minibuild.

There is only one printed command module. The one inside the third stage is plain, but I like how the top is designed to break free to expose the CM.
I haven't tried attaching them together though. Will when I get back next week.

Weevilone

To flesh out the N&N Saturn V thing, take the UPC to customer service and they'll print out a paper with your name, address, phone, e-mail, and the item information.

Take the paper to a cashier for the purchase and to show your membership stuff.

To flesh out the N&N Saturn V thing, take the UPC to customer service and they'll print out a paper with your name, address, phone, e-mail, and the item information.

Take the paper to a cashier for the purchase and to show your membership stuff.
Exactly.

I ordered it on Tuesday and it says it should get to me by end of day tomorrow.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If anyone hears of anywhere in the UK or that ships to the UK doing an early release of Saturn V please shout loudly

Wife's out for the evening so Liam and I are building. He's working on Heartlake City Airport and I'm finally building the first Quinjet.

alright LEGOGAF i took your advice

m6RpTbyl.jpg

Gonna be a fun fun weekend :)

Oh snap, Barnes and Noble delivered my Saturn V a day early!

I'll probably be waiting to build it however. My girlfriend and I are planning on doing a LEGO build night while we watch the LEGO Batman Movie.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yeah, I know it's WB and not LEGO...

But releasing the digital version of LEGO Batman a month before the physical release, dick move.

Well, it did just go for sale on digital.

Yeah, I know it's WB and not LEGO...

But releasing the digital version of LEGO Batman a month before the physical release, dick move.
Yeah, I'm planning on getting the bluray and it's annoying that the digital comes out so long before it.

It's $20 for the 1080 digital copy and $30 for UHD. Meanwhile if you wait you can get the regular bluray one for only $5 which comes with a digital copy, a 4K bluray for the same price that also includes a digital copy, or 3D if you're into that.

Would appreciate a photo of how big it is with show the scale. That looks fantastic but not know if it'd fit anywhere. I totally already have powe functions too - might even remote control it.

I didn't even know they had remote control power functions for this type of thing. LOL i just imagined sitting a some Thanksgiving dinner or whatever with the whole family, and then you'd mischievously turn that thing on under the table and everyone be like WOAH all of a sudden when they see the Carousel spin in all it's glory :)

Though this would even be more awesome if the Hive Crawler came with said power functions }:eek:)

Zuckuss, right? Wonder what kind of set they could stick him in.

Edit: I know! Base it on the new comics by Kieron Gillen! The Ark Angel, a set that comes with the ship, a Aphra minifigure and her two droids plus Zuckuss as the villain.

That's a... space hummingbird. Love it!

So I've seen posts in the past dealing with how to move Lego when moving houses, but I've never paid much attention to them because I was pretty sure I wouldn't be moving for quite some time.

Fast forward and now I have to be in a new place by June 1st. Currently my plan is to pack up like everything EXCEPT my Lego, and save those for last so that I can make a special just-Lego trip or two so that I don't have to take anything (or as little as possible) apart.

Anyone have any moving advice to share? Some stuff, like my Minecraft Lego, I'm ok to just dump in a box because I want to rebuild it all anyway. But other stuff, like my Modulars and the GB Firehouse, I don't want anything to happen to.

I'm so pissed I have to move ):<

So I've seen posts in the past dealing with how to move Lego when moving houses, but I've never paid much attention to them because I was pretty sure I wouldn't be moving for quite some time.

Fast forward and now I have to be in a new place by June 1st. Currently my plan is to pack up like everything EXCEPT my Lego, and save those for last so that I can make a special just-Lego trip or two so that I don't have to take anything (or as little as possible) apart.

Anyone have any moving advice to share? Some stuff, like my Minecraft Lego, I'm ok to just dump in a box because I want to rebuild it all anyway. But other stuff, like my Modulars and the GB Firehouse, I don't want anything to happen to.

I haven't moved since I started with Lego again, and I dread the day. However, it shouldn't be too hard if you accept a bit of rebuilding. If you can find a moving box that's 50 cm across, you can fit two modulars side by side. Wrap each in a shopping bag and anything that falls off can be easily replaced. Fill the rest of the box with loose sets, also in bags.

I put each floor of a modular in their own small garbage bag then tied them shut. Then carefully boxed that up. So if anything breaks off, it remains in the bag. Same with UCS stuff. Granted, this was for a 12hr drive to the new place. But things arrived with minimal breaking.

I just finished two modular MOC:s, this is the first one. It was mostly an experiment with new parts to do stuff that couldn't be done before.

The inside isn't very complex, but I'm happy with how this effect turned out:

lego_moc_oldtheater02.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
My local TRU had only one summer Star Wars set in stock today...

It was the Bounty Hunter Speeder Bike Battle Pack, yes!

11.99, yes please! Snatched that right up. I'll probably have to snag 1 or 2 more of this set before it retires, because they are going to be very in-demand minifigures if LEGO treats them like they have been prior to this set. Dengar is in two recent sets, so he might survive on the secondary market at a fair price for a few years. Not so confident about the other three, but in particular 4-Lom.

Yeah we really need that Zuckuss now! Please TLG.
Zuckuss, right? Wonder what kind of set they could stick him in.

Edit: I know! Base it on the new comics by Kieron Gillen! The Ark Angel, a set that comes with the ship, a Aphra minifigure and her two droids plus Zuckuss as the villain.
I wish! That ship is killer! TLG needs to start mining the new Marvel comics for sets and that set would make a nice one.

magawolaz

This is one of my favorite Speed Champions sets so far!
Having only recently gotten back into LEGO, I was surprised at the Speed Champions line. It's incredible how close they get to the real thing while keeping them almost minifig-scaled.

I only have the AMG GT3, and the R8 GT3 is on its way here. But I think I'm gonna buy more, they go for 13€ on Amazon

Top Bottom