• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Actors whose career crashed and burned after a hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

I dunno about Kristen Stewart... she's so awful. I don't see Pattinson doing much either. Lautner is a given to be forgotten. Oh well, only one I care about is Kendrick, whom seems to be doing well for herself.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
carrie-fisher-1.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He voices Skipps in Regular Show... he gets a free pass.

My contribution, Rupert Alexander Grint of Harry Potter fame.

Harry Potter 7 came out last year. Seriously, gimme a break.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I was enjoying this thread until people seriously started arguing Eddie freakin' Murphy fit the definition the OP listed. How old are some of you? Jesus.
That's what's so sad about him. He's been bad for so long that an entire generation only knows him as someone who stars in awful bombs and not a God-Tier 80/9ss comedian.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I was enjoying this thread until people seriously started arguing Eddie freakin' Murphy fit the definition the OP listed. How old are some of you? Jesus.

His career stalled immediately after 48 Hours. All those other huge '80s hits? Lies. We've always been at war with Eastasia.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The Expendables sucked. Stallone was such a flash in the pan, lol.

Some dumb bitch who got a bunch of people killed so she could pack more luggage.
Actually, your answer was better...

Aselith

In the case of Chris Tucker I think it's more likely that those movies made him rich and he's fine with not having to work for a living anymore.

I think that's a different situation than some of these actors that only had one hit that made them famous, but that they didn't necessarily made a ton of money on (or they blew it all) and then spent the rest of their career getting by by doing shitty roles.

Then the entire cast of Friends and Seinfeld should be taken off as well because they are rich as fuck.

Brittany Murphy is the one I always think of--Clueless, then Just Married, then very little after that. Then she died at like age 32. Really sad shit.

Loofy

Was everwhere. After scott pilgrim... not so much.
3FVDl.jpg

And looking at imdb I guess shes still getting work. I dont remember her in anything after jessie and the pussycats though.
Ema1W.jpg

(Rachel leigh cook)

Same with former it girl estella warren.
cnT7ql.jpg

thefit

17231_f260.jpg

Thora Birch.

Child Star, American Beauty and Ghost World, then boom career death. Getting too thin, blonde hair + nutty parents didn't help.

WAIT!, WAIT!....wait, wait, wait holly shit you blew my mind I always thought it was Christina Ricci in that role......wtf lol

Some dumb bitch who got a bunch of people killed so she could pack more luggage.
Actually, your answer was better...

1. Really disrespectful
2. It wasn't her luggage it was sound and video equipment. Aaliyah's bodyguard and friend Scotty Gallin also told the film crew there was too much but the film crew demanded everything be packed on. At no point was this Aaliyah demanding anything.
3. Pilot wasn't 100% sober either.

gabbo

Brittany Murphy is the one I always think of--Clueless, then Just Married, then very little after that. Then she died at like age 32. Really sad shit.

She did a lot of voice over work for cartoons (King of the Hill being the most well known), 8 Mile, that Michael Douglas movie with the line "I'll never tell", Sin City, a ton of romantic comedies before and after Just Married.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Just looked up Cuba's IMDB. Okay, these are all within the last five years...

vV8xH.jpg

qcDgJ.jpg

kynJQ.jpg

ld7KM.jpg

L1dng.jpg

rVscq.jpg

TXscK.jpg

ZEtbH.jpg

Anyone want to make a movie with Cuba holding a gun? I think he'd be down with that.

Slater, Woods, Kilmer, Liotta, Keitel! Is there like a washed-up actor sewing circle these guys all belong to?

Dude... I'm gonna have to watch all these films!

Just looked up Cuba's IMDB. Okay, these are all within the last five years...

vV8xH.jpg

qcDgJ.jpg

kynJQ.jpg

ld7KM.jpg

L1dng.jpg

rVscq.jpg

TXscK.jpg

ZEtbH.jpg

Anyone want to make a movie with Cuba holding a gun? I think he'd be down with that.

Slater, Woods, Kilmer, Liotta, Keitel! Is there like a washed-up actor sewing circle these guys all belong to?

Dude... I'm gonna have to watch all these films!

These all look amazing. Val Kilmer's face is an egregiously horrible Photoshop job.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?

Came to post Casper Van Dien.

It's a shame, too, because he absolutely rocked in Starship Troopers. No, he's not the best actor; but he fit that role wonderfully. I would have enjoyed seeing him in other things.

commedieu

Banned
Came to post Casper Van Dien.

It's a shame, too, because he absolutely rocked in Starship Troopers. No, he's not the best actor; but he fit that role wonderfully. I would have enjoyed seeing him in other things.

M.I. does the dying. Fleet just does the flying :\

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Mr blonde

mr-blonde.jpg

In complete trash for years till donny brasco then in more trash for years then kill bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom